Andy vs. OPG WWYD?

one pocket guy

Verified Member
Score is 7 - 4 him and the cue ball is on the bottom rail. You have the bottom left pocket, it is your shot. What do you do?

Attachments

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'd bank the ball on the shooter's left straight back, then if it pocketed, I'd bank the 6 one or two rails. "It's getting late", as they say...

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
Score is 7 - 4 him and the cue ball is on the bottom rail. You have the bottom left pocket, it is your shot. What do you do?
Cool, you did it!

Thanks.

Tough spot. If my opponent isn't strong, and the balls on the spot are frozen, I'd play the combo bank on the front ball (9 or 13?) with 1/2 tip of 10 o'clock to send whitey to the upper left long rail. I think this ends with 3 balls in the neighborhood of your pocket as long as the banked ball doesn't push anything out toward the middle.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I agree with Doc that its late and something has to be done. But if I feel I can out move and out grind this guy I try to send the ball on the rail on my side to the top and block the balls with the spotted 2 balls so my opponent is forced to play a safe off those 2 balls on the spot.
Opening them up for me and possibly leaving me a bank to my hole.

I know this is antithesis to the principle of the game to keep all balls in play but youre in a sticky situation here.

The thing is NEVER GIVE UP.
By forcing him to play a safe off the spotted balls you put him in a defensive position.

Miller

Verified Member
with LSJohn, if those balls are both spotted, 1/2 hit on the bottom ball high left throws/banks the top ball. (that shot is on grady's end game dvd).
:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Andy vs. OPG WWYD?

Tough one, Todd!! Great first wwyd. Thanks and keep em coming buddy. Arts shot is tough but I love to fire and apparently it's late so... :). That or push the ball on my side up and get back to the foot rail hiding it. I may leave a bank on the 6 but with a price if he misses.

androd

Verified Member
Cool, you did it!

Thanks.

Tough spot. If my opponent isn't strong, and the balls on the spot are frozen, I'd play the combo bank on the front ball (9 or 13?) with 1/2 tip of 10 o'clock to send whitey to the upper left long rail. I think this ends with 3 balls in the neighborhood of your pocket as long as the banked ball doesn't push anything out toward the middle.
Congrats on getting it posted. Take pride in the fact you've done something some of the resident genius' can't do.

wincardona

Verified Member
There is no offensive shot available here worth shooting, however, there is a good option that will enable you to develop a stronger position, can anyone figure it out? It's there. I'll give you the answer later tonight, promise, unless someone figures it out before then.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
There is no offensive shot available here worth shooting, however, there is a good option that will enable you to develop a stronger position, can anyone figure it out? It's there. I'll give you the answer later tonight, promise, unless someone figures it out before then.

Dr. Bill
Well, I don't know what your shot is Billy, but I know what mine is...

I'm gonna take a foul by rolling up and freezing onto the bottom of the spotted balls - I will then have opened up the top spotted ball, and he will be wedged between two balls, possibly just left of center, and he will have a hard time getting out of there without leaving me a good offensive shot.

- Ghost

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost;163476he will be wedged between two balls [SIZE="3" said:
- Ghost[/SIZE]
Is it a certainty that there won't be room on the spot for your ball?

Even if not, since it can't be frozen to the CB, there may be room for him to bank the ball by your long rail, right?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Is it a certainty that there won't be room on the spot for your ball?

Even if not, since it can't be frozen to the CB, there may be room for him to bank the ball by your long rail, right?
DING. DING. DING. WE HAVE A WINNER... You are smarter than I thought you were... but that ain't saying much:lol:lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
nope............
Regarding part B:

You can't shoot at dead center or you definitely leave the bank. If you roll off-center to the right and freeze, OMG, you're too tough! If you go farther right, then the spot ball might fit, right?

I'm dying to get home to my table to experiment with this.

wincardona

Verified Member
Taking an intentional by kicking into the side rail in an attempt to float the cue ball between the top and second ball. From there your opponent will not be able to move the ball on your side of the table, plus he will be forced to give up some sort of a shot on the ball on his side for you to position it in a favorable position. All five balls then will be in play and it only cost you a ball to do it. Five balls in play as compared to four balls on the table where three are out of play is a world of difference.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
Taking an intentional by kicking into the side rail in an attempt to float the cue ball between the top and second ball. From there your opponent will not be able to move the ball on your side of the table, plus he will be forced to give up some sort of a shot on the ball on his side for you to position it in a favorable position. All five balls then will be in play and it only cost you a ball to do it. Five balls in play as compared to four balls on the table where three are out of play is a world of difference.

Dr. Bill
Kicking into the balls is a bigger target than rolling up to the balls, more margin for error. Plus your speed isn't nearly as crucial with the kick.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member

Dr. Bill
i bolded it above to help me remember this
thanks dr. bill...:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Kicking into the balls is a bigger target than rolling up to the balls, more margin for error. Plus your speed isn't nearly as crucial with the kick.

Dr. Bill
The speed is still crucial with the kick, or you'll gain nothing from the shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
The speed is still crucial with the kick, or you'll gain nothing from the shot.
Of course the speed with the kick is crucial, I said it wasn't as crucial as the speed is by shooting directly at the balls. Kicking into the balls you can contact the balls and move the ob some without suffering a loss, plus you can kick and fall short of the balls and still the shot will be effective, not true with shooting directly into the balls.

Dr. Billl

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Of course the speed with the kick is crucial, I said it wasn't as crucial as the speed is by shooting directly at the balls. Kicking into the balls you can contact the balls and move the ob some without suffering a loss, plus you can kick and fall short of the balls and still the shot will be effective, not true with shooting directly into the balls.

Dr. Billl
Point is - we're both applying the same logic with our 2 shots.....and Rob doesn't like either of our shots - having nothing to do with the validity of the shots of course, but only, because we named them, and not him...:heh...:lol...:heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Point is - we're both applying the same logic with our 2 shots.....and Rob doesn't like either of our shots - having nothing to do with the validity of the shots of course, but only, because we named them, and not him...:heh...:lol...:heh
Not quite Ghost... I never said I didn't like billy's shot... I just said yours was garbage:lol your idea you can wipe your ass with because it accomplishes nothing... Billy's on the other hand can accomplish a lot.

P.S. The Ghost obviously forgot when he came with his brain storm that you can't touch spotting ball to the cue ball..OOPS... either that or he is just plain brain dead.. Ghost yours and Billys choice are completely different..

have a nice day:):p