Alex vs. Efren 2008 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
With all of the crazy suggestions that we usually get on these layouts I'm surprised that nobody suggested this shot. We are all getting better I guess:) .

Alex's Shot 2.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
With all of the crazy suggestions that we usually get on these layouts I'm surprised that nobody suggested this shot. We are all getting better I guess:) .

View attachment 1916

That was the very first shot I saw...but like Rod said, he was dead-center jacked up on the 7, so I thought that made it too hard to execute.

- Goastie

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
That was the very first shot I saw...but like Rod said, he was dead-center jacked up on the 7, so I thought that made it too hard to execute.

- Goastie
And so why was it that you didn't like the shot:p ? Cueball didn't travel far enough?:eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 1916

Actually Dennis that was the first shot I looked at. I figured it had the biggest sell out risk of all the shots so I looked for a safer shot that still left pressure on my opponent.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
And so why was it that you didn't like the shot :p ? Cueball didn't travel far enough?:eek:

The only guy who could like/shoot that shot is Papie...

...cuz he's the only guy I know that can shoot Yukon-Jacked-up...:p :D :p

- Ghrosty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
treeMan said:
Bunt :)

He's in spot that doesn't offer much. If possible I might try to cut the 14 in (squeeze it in by the eight), and more importantly park the cue ball on the end rail where Effren wouldn't be able to see the ball on the side rail near Alex's pocket.
This is what Alex attempted. He left Efren the shot at the 13 ball though and Efren banked it cross-corner like it had eyes.

Greenshot_2010-12-10_13-20-39.jpg

After spotting the ball he owed, Alex left Efren this layout:

Alex's Leave.Jpeg

senor

Verified Member
Sometimes it's best to just say "Okay, you got me" and punt to a spot where he has to punt. Alex tried to play safe by protecting that ball, when that ball does not give him that much of an advantage.

Last edited:

treeMan

Verified Member
senor said:
Sometimes it's best to just say "Okay, you got me" and punt to a spot where he has to punt. Alex tried to play safe by protecting that ball, when that ball does give him that much of an advantage.

I think you mean "does not give him that much of an advantage" right?

It should have been simple enough to execute that rolling speed shot, but I also see the danger in letting your opponent see that ball. Thankfully, the people I play wont make that shot so often.

But they still beat me :eek:

senor

Verified Member
treeMan said:
It should have been simple enough to execute that rolling speed shot, but I also see the danger in letting your opponent see that ball.

I don't know, that's a ticklish shot. The angle from the pics makes it seem like it will be easier for Alex to get a rail with the cue ball than the 14/8 ball, making cue ball speed important and difficult jacked up. Looking at the results pic, the 14/8 looks like it hit a rail, but it also looks like he hit the 14 a little thicker than he should have. Easy to do jacked up.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm also impressed at how many of you thought about pocketing a ball in a neutral pocket so that there would be two balls going up on the spot -- good thinking!