go for the bank or deal with the 11??
aa5.jpg

aa11.jpg

aa12.jpg

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Larry; From the angle of the snapshot I can't tell if I could cross-over bank the13 and billiard the 11 ball hanging in the pocket. It looks close, not sure, maybe a OVERHEAD view might help, if possible.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry; From the angle of the snapshot I can't tell if I could cross-over bank the13 and billiard the 11 ball hanging in the pocket. It looks close, not sure, maybe a OVERHEAD view might help, if possible.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

there was no overhead shot given as i recall
and it wasnt laying as a crossover bank

backplaying

Verified Member
It might be laying right to bank the ball and make the 11 at the same time. If not, I'm shooting the 11 in, drawing back enough to keep him off the 1.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
For Alex banking the 11ball is more of an option than for most, however, if he can only get the 11ball and that's it imo it's not advisable to gamble on scoring one ball, especially when playing on a 5x10. If I remember correctly the pockets were somewhat forgiving but still banking the 11ball to score only one ball is not the right shot.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
For Alex banking the 11ball is more of an option than for most, however, if he can only get the 11ball and that's it imo it's not advisable to gamble on scoring one ball, especially when playing on a 5x10. If I remember correctly the pockets were somewhat forgiving but still banking the 11ball to score only one ball is not the right shot.

Dr. Bill

Agreed - 100%.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

There are zero "true" overhead pics in the "Make It Happen" series of DVD's. I guess they didn't set up the camera and table for that.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
shoot it son!
:D

well alex did shoot it and made it....:eek:
(p,s, dr, bill i assumed you meant banking the thirteen as the 11 is the ball by the pocket)
good example of results dont make it right
big risk reward when he had 3 balls and was in position to get out of the break. since he made the bank he now has 4 balls
he left himself here
now what do you do
you are on a roll so
shoot the 12? or deal with the 11 now??

Attachments

• aa13.jpg
    aa13.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Look at the angle Alex had for that bank. Now notice that to get the cue ball above the first diamond, Alex had to cut the OB to the left slightly and flatten it out. It seems to me he would only do that if he had the intention of continuing his run.

Should he attempt the shot on the thirteen he may as well use a touch of left hand English and spin thinly off what looks like the five, go to the side rail and back across for the four-three combination. This is a tough shot but that does not seem to deter Alex in the slightest. I doubt this is a shot I would want to attempt from this position but I probably wouldn't have attempted the bank either.

Tom

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Me, I have to deal the 11 ball now -- especially knowing it is a 5x10 table. But Alex no doubt shoots the 12, and caroms forward a little, where next he can play the "Jersey Red" shot on the 11. :heh

All kidding aside, if Alex plays the 12, he has to either get position for another shot for certain, or he has to leave a clear view to remove the 11 next. If he falls in between I'm guessing he loses.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-07_08-56-49.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-07_08-56-49.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
well alex did shoot it and made it....:eek:
(p,s, dr, bill i assumed you meant banking the thirteen as the 11 is the ball by the pocket)
good example of results dont make it right
big risk reward when he had 3 balls and was in position to get out of the break. since he made the bank he now has 4 balls
he left himself here
now what do you do
you are on a roll so
shoot the 12? or deal with the 11 now??

After taking the bank as I said he would, he will now shoot the 12. I can't see if he can use follow English to get past the 5 or inevitably hit it. This is crucial because if he can get by it, he can go up table for shape on the 7 or the combo that Tom likes. Personally, I like shape on the 7 from which he can get behind all those balls or run into them and get all the way out.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The Jersey Red shot

The Jersey Red shot

... yes, I am kidding about this one

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-07_08-56-49-2.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-07_08-56-49-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Me, I have to deal the 11 ball now -- especially knowing it is a 5x10 table. But Alex no doubt shoots the 12, and caroms forward a little, where next he can play the "Jersey Red" shot on the 11. :heh

All kidding aside, if Alex plays the 12, he has to either get position for another shot for certain, or he has to leave a clear view to remove the 11 next. If he falls in between I'm guessing he loses.

Steve; The shot You've diagramed is one I've been shooting for many years, with ONE BIG exception. If you're going to shoot the 12, you might as well get the most out of this choice! I use EXTREME 2 O'clock English to come around 3 rails off the 5 ball and around for the 15, even if you come up a little short, you still have the option to take the 11 out!

This is a PERFECT example, when having knowledge of caroms/3cushion billiards is VERY helpful in remaining at the table!

I'm NOT kidding, this is the kind of s**t Efren is good at, from his billiard knowledge.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve; The shot You've diagramed is one I've been shooting for many years, with ONE BIG exception. I use EXTREME 2 O'clock English to come around 3 rails off the 5 ball and around for the 15, even if you come up a little short, you still have the option to take the 11 out!

This is a PERFECT example, when having knowledge of caroms/3cushion billiards is VERY helpful in remaining at the table!

I'm NOT kidding, this is the kind of s**t Efren is good at, from his billiard knowledge.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
YOu mean like this?

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-07_09-37-43-3.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-07_09-37-43-3.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 0

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
YOu mean like this?

Pretty much that way, Steve!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. These are the kinds of concepts, imagination, knowledge and knowing EXACTLY what YOU can do with YOUR ability at the table. IMO, these thoughts are how a COMPLETE player calculates their percentages in positions like this!

Last edited: