Alex/shannon make it happen #1

backplaying

Verified Member
I guess I would bank the 1 to my side and try and leave the cueball on the end rail close to the left corner pocket.

backplaying

Verified Member
Or, if I can hit the right side of the 2 ball and play a billiard on the 11, banking the 2 to hit the 6 or 13 ball. I would also look to see if there was a bank combo to put something around my hole and stick him on top of a ball, if ones available.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Am I supposed to be in trouble here?...sheeit, I ain't in no trouble..this here's a hanger for the Ghost...I'ma just gonna carom the 6 ball in and run out.. rackem up Shannon...:eek:...:heh

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Am I supposed to be in trouble here?...sheeit, I ain't in no trouble..this here's a hanger for the Ghost...I'ma just gonna carom the 6 ball in and run out.. rackem up Shannon...:eek:...:heh

- Ghost

750,000 to $1, that don't happen !...:p

piggybank04

Verified Member
bank the 9 to my side and leave whitey against rail--touchy shot from there.....

bernie p

Verified Member
Alex is in a bit of trouble here.

Hard to tell from the view, but....combo bank the 7-14 and freeze whitey to the 5. :eek:

Bernie.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
bank the 9 to my side and leave whitey against rail--touchy shot from there.....

Piggy, I don't think your shot is any good because of the bank on the one. And with a traffic cop to help direct the one, that bank can hardly be missed if hit at all well. Better think of something else.

BP, Same thing happens with your shot. That bank on the one becomes a hanger if you leave the cue ball on the side rail. So whether you use the nine to do that or slide off the deuce, the bank still begs to be shot. Drawing off the one to the side rail is way too tough for me but some here might be able to pull off that shot. I already know I would loose whitey and sell out.

Bernie, Your shot has merit if you can pull it off but it looks to me from the overhead angle the shot isn't there.

Now that I've had the audacity to criticize all your options...

I'm not all that opposed to that carom shot on the six as The Ghost suggested. From the pictures it is still hard to tell if it is laying right though. Any strictly defensive attempt other than taking a foul in this situation is just as difficult as that carom. In addition, the likelihood of having a second shot is very high shooting the carom. And if I'm going down, I'm going down shooting for a win.

Tom

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I would try to bank the nine back in to the stack and leave the CB on the side rail close to the side pocket, to take away a bank on the one. Would be great if you could play the CB to freeze on the one.--Smitty

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If it lays right, I'm inclined to like Bernie's shot. Otherwise I'd hit the 9-ball with low left and kick the 11-ball away. Try to get the CB back into the stack. One has to be careful not to scratch.

Ghost, on those type carom shots, do you use a system (like the 30% rule), or just instinct? In this example I'd think the shot would have to feel like a hanger, because a miss would undoubtedly amount to loss of game...

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If he can see that billiard off the 2, he is playing that. If not, well I wont even guess.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

- Ghost

Not a BAD shot, but, you might ONLY have the 2 ball next, that's it!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If it lays right, I'm inclined to like Bernie's shot. Otherwise I'd hit the 9-ball with low left and kick the 11-ball away. Try to get the CB back into the stack. One has to be careful not to scratch.

Ghost, on those type carom shots, do you use a system (like the 30% rule), or just instinct? In this example I'd think the shot would have to feel like a hanger, because a miss would undoubtedly amount to loss of game...

Doc

I use a size of the ball myself. Once you see it, it looks huge. So what if you only get the two next. you're out of a jam and you can take out the opponents ball.

bstroud

Verified Member
I see several options here.

The carom on the six ball if you are sure you can make it.

The combo bank on the 7 if you are sure you can get the seven in front of your pocket.

Being in the stack if you don't is a disaster.

Another option is to roll the cue ball up table and take a scratch. Put it where nothing goes in his pocket and see what he does. If he takes a scratch you may have a chance to move the ball near his pocket.

Bill S.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I see several options here.

The carom on the six ball if you are sure you can make it.

The combo bank on the 7 if you are sure you can get the seven in front of your pocket.

Being in the stack if you don't is a disaster.

Another option is to roll the cue ball up table and take a scratch. Put it where nothing goes in his pocket and see what he does. If he takes a scratch you may have a chance to move the ball near his pocket.

Bill S.
With all due respect Bill, I don't see where you can put the cue ball uptable where nothing goes. With that ball hanging at the lower edge of Shannon's pocket, it looks to me like it would act as a nice sideboard, so any of those open balls could be played in/off the sideboard or directly into the mostly open part of the pocket -- either way pretty high percentage for a shooter like Shannon.