Alex/Jose Game 6

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
vapros said:
I remember it well - but I won't tell. :eek:
You can tell us what he did. We all know he jumped over the six and pocketed the five.On the serious note, didn't he kick that ball by Alex's pocket out? I'm curious to see what he did. I'm not even going to guess.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i need to improve my use of the colors but i think i showed the intent of your post.
thats the shot i saw

mosconiac

Verified Member
Seems like an safe-ish force-follow to clear two balls away from Alex's pocket. I'd TRY to get the CB on the end rail to avoid a free bank on the 13.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
mosconiac said:
Seems like an safe-ish force-follow to clear two balls away from Alex's pocket. I'd TRY to get the CB on the end rail to avoid a free bank on the 13.

i like franks idea to move the 11 since the 2 balls you are moving dont readily go into alexs pocket they block a shot on the 11 if you put the q down in the upper left corner(which you probably wouldnt ) and they block a banking lane (straight backs)

mosconiac

Verified Member
Can you reliably put that much spin on the CB when it is that close to the rail? Seems you'd get a lot of masse' (reducing the accuracy of the hit on the 11) and the spin that helps you hit the 11 also makes the CB want to spin up table...

If you hit the 11 anything but full you could:
1) open that 2-ball cluster.
2) fail to move the 13.

I'm not saying the 11 can't be moved by a good player, it just seems to have more risk to me.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
mosconiac said:

The 3 ball could possibly go from this layout, with a little different hit. ;)
Rod.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
re: mosconiac's shot

Would you want to move the 3/9? I mean, they're kinda messing up his pocket - preventing just about any bank (or maybe later, long shots) from up-table?

I guess the question is which is more valuable? Keeping the opponent's pocket gaffed up or clear out 2 problem balls for him?

you're not really getting them to your side, but at least they're not on his side either, so... i can see the value in it both ways. just wondering what the general consensus on this is?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think Jose surprised everyone with this shot:

Jose's Shot.jpg

Here's his leave. I think it would be a better shot to stop the cueball on the rail, as long as you're shooting it anyway.

Jose's Leave.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I think Jose surprised everyone with this shot:

View attachment 1500

Here's his leave. I think it would be a better shot to stop the cueball on the rail, as long as you're shooting it anyway.

View attachment 1501
From this position Alex has the luxory to wait before banking the 6 ball,:cool: shooting the 4 ball in the side will take away a possible game winner for Parica:D and he will still have the ability to shoot the 6 ball in his next inning.;)

Billy I.

Attachments

• AlexJose Game 6 - Page 2 - OnePocket.jpg
    AlexJose Game 6 - Page 2 - OnePocket.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Been pounding on this..

Been pounding on this..

wincardona said:
From this position Alex has the luxory to wait before banking the 6 ball,:cool: shooting the 4 ball in the side will take away a possible game winner for Parica:D and he will still have the ability to shoot the 6 ball in his next inning.;)

Billy I.

To be able to keep that concept in mind playing 1 hole, IMO, is a powerful weapon that is usually overlooked. Keeping that 6 ball in place and awaiting a better opportunity is something that I have tried, without success, to pound into a 1pkt move resistor like Bobby Hunter for months. Shooting at a straight back prematurely, just because you can, is a mistake that is brutally abused by many overly quick-thinking 1pkt players.

Beard
William, now that your shooting skills have fell into the toilet, you have finally came over to the thinking side of the game. Whoda thunk it? :D

Seriously, IMO that is a very powerful strategy that you are using in your game.