Attachments

• ae1.jpg
    ae1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Alex looks to be in big trouble. The 3 ball combo on the 13 ball looks to be a shot that might turn things around for alex. keith

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Since we can't see if the 3 ball combo is on, I would bump the ball nearest the head rail and go an inch or two so I tripled him up.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Doc I was thinking similar to you. I'd follow the 8 into the side rail and down to the foot rail hopefully the eight rebounds high enough off of he foot rail so there is no return bank

Cory in dc

Verified Member
If the combo is close to on, I'd probably shoot that.

I might try to get the 8 over to my side and make the 3, assuming there's no double-kiss (I think it's avoidable). I'd at least look closely at this one. Seems like a high risk of leaving a return short rail bank, though.

Or I could try to come off the 11 ball (the ball that's second-closest to the headrail) and go 2 rails to freeze behind the 14. The cueball might be too high up on the rail for this to be natural enough, though.

One more thought that looks pretty close to lined up. Shoot the 6-5 combo so the 5 drops and the 6 goes to my side. Put the CB in the little prison formed by the 4/9/15. It would take dead perfect CB angle and speed to get the cue to the right spot without tapping a ball and selling out. So I'd probably pass on this shot.

Overall, I think my second option, getting behind the 14, is least likely to sell out for me. Tough spot!

Cory

P.S. If I'm playing cheap, I might elevate the cue stick and fire the 10 at the edge of the 3. Make the 10, send the 3 to my side, and bring the cueball 2 rails towards the 14.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Is this match from 2 years ago Larry? If it is Efren had Alex dead ****ed 3 games in a row and Alex winged something in and ran out.. I have never seen Efren with such a pissed off face after this match.. He had Alex id DEEP shit every game.

this match is from 2015 DCC rob
its been a while since i saw the whole match and this was the first game
but based on this game i am sure this is the match you remember

as you can tell alex was getting deeper and deeper in trouble
i was curious to learn what others would do that didnt shoot the 3 ball combo
i dont think anyone say the 3 ball combo is "ON" looking at the spaces and angles between the 3 balls
it is/was "possible...;)"
i guess alex had to really feel pressured to shoot it
even for him it cant be a lock to make it
and probable big time sell out if you miss
HOWEVER
he shot it/made the stripe (no arrow sorry)/AND RAN OUT....:eek:

ae4.jpg

ae5.jpg

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Yep, I remember this shot. I wonder if Efren was aware that the combo looked good before his inning? After looking at the layout, I think I might have gone for that, too!

onepockethacker

Verified Member
this match is from 2015 DCC rob
its been a while since i saw the whole match and this was the first game
but based on this game i am sure this is the match you remember

as you can tell alex was getting deeper and deeper in trouble
i was curious to learn what others would do that didnt shoot the 3 ball combo
i dont think anyone say the 3 ball combo is "ON" looking at the spaces and angles between the 3 balls
it is/was "possible...;)"
HOWEVER
he shot it/made the stripe (no arrow sorry)/AND RAN OUT....:eek:

View attachment 14097

View attachment 14098

Alex was dead trapped every game and had to shoot desperation shots to win.. Another game efren has balls all over his hole and the cue ball pinned on top of the stack and Alex jacked up and fired at a straightback where if he missed he lost and he made it and ran out.. Like I said you could tell Efren was pissed after that match.. He outmoved Alex every game and Alex shot himself out of it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
HOWEVER
he shot it/made the stripe (no arrow sorry)/AND RAN OUT....:eek: ...
Wow, he must have really smacked it to have the CB go through those balls, then two rails, and out to where it ended up. I'm wondering if Alex was hoping to clear out some of Efren's pool balls in case the combo didn't go? We'll never know....

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow, heck of a shot by the lion once again...

Looking at the pic, it seems like he can just 2 rail the 5 away form efrens pocket but apparently the 7(?) is blocking the path?

that's the only prob with photos is you cant see the true angles sometimes.