Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:
At first I thought it was Clark Howard!:D

Doc

Santa HoSay Duck said:
Doc,

His new avatar is a clean shaven picture of our beloved,resident "geek" (Calired himself)...You can dress him up, but you can't take him anywhere...

OUCH Doc!!!! That one HURT!!! And Dick.... watch out for your morning coffee... it may accidentally have exlax dropped in it, in a few months

If I look too clean cut, that you compare me to Clark Howard who IS a geek
clark-with-wallet-200_o.jpg

Should I use this one instead?... Cuz I don't want to be called no DAMN GEEK!
hippiegreg.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Wow !!!

Wow !!!

CaliRed said:

View attachment 1596

Nice "almost Afro" Greg, very studly.....Halloween Party ???..:D

PS..I had to re-name Dennis (RBL) too...Would you prefer "Corn Belt Lunatic" ?...:p

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
PS..I had to re-name Dennis (RBL) too...Would you prefer "Corn Belt Lunatic" ?...:p
I'd say that's one of the better ideas you've had this year:p . Here's a suggestion for his new avatar.

P.S. I hate it when people change their avatars. I get used to seeing one and then it's something else:confused: . Make up your A.D.D. afflicted minds already. When you see Marilyn's hot ass, you know it's me, when I saw CaliReds guitar dude I knew it was him, when I saw the big-headed mouse, I knew it was the Duck. Find a pic & stick with it dammit:mad: .

Corn Belt Lunatic.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
CaliRed said:
View attachment 1593

Hey Greg.....It's pretty obvious why you cropped your prom date out of the picture - but we can tell anyway by the height and size of the shoulder in his white tux that it's a guy...:D :p :D

- Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Listen, all you peaceniks, this guy started it and will do it again the very first chance he gets.
I made a post about the pool player that I probably have the most respect for, Sailor Barge, and he belittled me and him. I know, I know, dont let it bother you, he's just ribbing, etc., etc.

When I made a TRUE remark about Tom Cruise's faggotry, he became enraged that I would talk about someone like that. A 300 ball runner like the Sailor is fair game but not a make believe pool player like Cruise. Yeah, how dare I besmirch Tommy boy's honor and manhood. I mean, is he some kind of pal of Cruise? Have they swapped shorts or something?

I will now show you what I mean. We'll see if he can keep from taking up for these two.
Sissyboy #1, John Travolta, movie tush-hog, and Sissyboy # 2, Kevin Spacey. I can hardly wait to suffer his outrage.

I can keep this up for a whole bunch more of his movie heroes.

Beard

309 or 356 ??? Whaddaboutit?

Almost missed this post Fred, but why am I not surprised at your wealth of knowledge...Not only do you know the name, of every pool player who ever lived, but you know all their high runs, their strengths and weaknesses, and I'm sure, their sexual proclivities. I guess you think you should just be able to rail away, at anything, or anybody, and never be doubted...Don't know why it chaps my ass, but it sure as hell does.

I have allready forgotten about Sailor Barge's or Irving Crane's high runs...because quite frankly, I could care less. I am neither a pool historian, nor a gossip monger. (nor a nut-hugger) And, you may have noticed, I could give a s**t less about "legacies"...to me, guys like Pat Tillman and Audie Murphy, left a legacy !

This being a pool site, it is OK for us to remember (and maybe even revere, a little when due) guys like Fat's, Cornbread, or Bug's or Puckett,...or even Sailor Barge...But a "legacy"..uh-uh, wrong description.

Your description of me "becoming enraged" over you calling Cruise, or any of the other people you slurred...is way off target...Once again, I really could care even less about them. (then apparently you do) It just boggles the mind that you bother to store all that garbage. Are you trying to impress someone with all your "inside info" ?

I wonder if anyone else has noticed, how you become enraged, when anyone, (especially me) just even hints, that you may not always be accurate in your, often caustic, and belittling assessment of all pool player's, people, or subjects ?...I am 100% sure you've never noticed.

It has become more of a challenge to deal with your claims and counter-claims, than it is with your incessant "Horn Blowing"... I need a break...
As soon as I figure out how to do it, I will link the very jocular PM I sent you...But you prefer to remain bitter and vindictive. (I'm sure you'll point out, that was my pity shot...as you've done 2,784 times before)

Next, you'll be telling me that my all time, he-man movie hero, Rock Hudson was gay !!!...That would really piss me off...:eek:

Link coming later...

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Almost missed this post Fred, but why am I not surprised at your wealth of knowledge...Not only do you know the name, of every pool player who ever lived, but you know all their high runs, their strengths and weaknesses, and I'm sure, their sexual proclivities. I guess you think you should just be able to rail away, at anything, or anybody, and never be doubted...Don't know why it chaps my ass, but it sure as hell does.

I have allready forgotten about Sailor Barge's or Irving Crane's high runs...because quite frankly, I could care less. I am neither a pool historian, nor a gossip monger. And, you may have noticed, I could give a s**t less about "legacies"...Guys like Pat Tillman and Audie Murphy, left a legacy.

This being a pool site, it is OK for us to remember (and maybe even revere, a little when due) guys like Fat's, Cornbread, or Bug's or Puckett,...or Sailor Barge...But a "legacy"..uh-uh, wrong description.

Your description of me "becoming enraged" over you calling Cruise, or any of the other people you slurred...is way off target...Once again, I really could care even less about them. (then apparently you do) It just boggles the mind that you bother to store all that garbage. Are you trying to impress someone with all your "inside info" ?

I wonder if anyone else has noticed, how you become enraged, when anyone, (especially me) just even hints, that you may not always be accurate in your, often caustic, and belittling assessment of all pool player's, people, or subjects ?...I am 100% sure you've never noticed.

It has become more of a challenge to deal with your claims and counter-claims, than it is with your incessant "Horn Blowing"... I need a break...
As soon as I figure out out to do it, I will link the very jocular PM I sent you.
But you prefer to remain bitter and vindictive. (I'm sure you'll point out, that was my pity shot...as you've done 2,758 times before)

Next, you'll be telling me that my all time, he-man movie hero, Rock Hudson was gay...That would really piss me off...:eek:

Link coming later...
I thought you were going to sleep 3 hours ago:confused: .

RBL

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Greg.....It's pretty obvious why you cropped your prom date out of the picture - but we can tell anyway by the height and size of the shoulder in his white tux that it's a guy...:D :p

- Ghosty
har, har:)

Believe it or not, I actually won something for a change. I won 2 tickets to a party at a big nightclub in Seattle (Parker's I think).. this was back in the mid to last 80's. I was a bachelor (meaning I couldn't find a girlfriend that I wanted to be with more then a night here or there:D) back then, so I chose my brother to go with me. He was D.J. The lineup was incredible. Seattle's own Heart, Bryan Adams and the up and coming Sam Kinison.

I have never laughed as hard as I did that night watching this new comic, Sam Kinison. He was just beginning to make waves back then. I became a instant fan that night.

So ... yes it is a dude, but we both went home separately, him to his wife and me to my empty apartment:eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
"Railing"

"Railing"

Quote SJDAlmost missed this post Fred, but why am I not surprised at your wealth of knowledge...Not only do you know the name, of every pool player who ever lived, but you know all their high runs, their strengths and weaknesses, and I'm sure, their sexual proclivities. I guess you think you should just be able to rail away, at anything, or anybody, and never be doubted...Don't know why it chaps my ass, but it sure as hell does.

You cleverly keep casting aspersions about me "railing away at anything or anybody." That's what you do, not me. That's your MO. You're the one that talks bad about most everyone and most anything in pool. You are the accomplishment knocker. I don't even do that to you. I usually just stick to calling you names. I don't call 3 cushion billiards and bank pool, "niche" games --- and mean it -- like you do. When you flamed with Mr 3 cushion, Bill Smith, you attacked his game and his ability -- not your personal differences. As if to say he doesnt have a deserving place in your version of the pool world. Bill was a world class player, a high rolling gambler with a high run of over 20 billiards. It's very telling that your main line of attack was directed at his game not his person.

And what is it that you usually attack about me? What bothers you the most about me? My "wealth of knowledge?" Somehow, after 56 years in the game, according to you, I apparently dont qualify to have any. That I know, and have played so many of the great players -- and have managed to have some measure of success gambling with them? That chaps your ass too, right?

You've called me a "local shortstop" and often hint that I dont belong in the Bank Pool HOF. What would you know about that? I have went everywhere and I have played everybody. You know what my high run in bank pool is? 27. I ran 27 practicing in Rockford, IL in front of 20 people. For money it was 15, against One Eyed Tony Howard, and 16 against Steve The Dasher from Chicago. That's why I bristle when you start your belittling.

I usually talk about the greatness of players. You are the self-hating pool player not me. That part of you drizzles throughout all of your conversation. You couldnt even allow Bugs, Sailor, Fats, Cornbread, Puckett to be worthy of a "legacy." That's how little you think of pool. And speaking of "railing," you have a history of railing on Fats, Puckett, and lately, Sailor. I'd like to bet you wouldnt deny a legacy to Arnold Palmer and Nicklaus.

Yeah, you sent me a dorky, make-up? email. It will take a lot more than that to cool me out. I really dont like you, and I don't trust you. You see, I know your problem with me is deep seated. Somehow, I really bother you, just being me. I "chap" your ass. Who you are, is meaningless to me. I yawn at your blathering's. I don't like you because you have chosen to judge and attack me.

I dont like you because you have hijacked and cut off so many of my posts. You never allow anyone to further a conversation with me about events, advice, players, matches, etc. As soon as I post something interesting you are the first person to respond knockingly to it. Your timing is amazing. It's as if you have a "Beard Lookout Guy" that alerts you to my newest post. Maybe some of the other posters would like to pose some interesting questions when I talk about a player, a match, a poolroom, a system, etc. You know like, "Did so and so dog it for the cash?", "Did he really know the game?" "Did he like to play safe or shoot at his hole?" "Did he use a slip-stroke?" Believe it or not, there are people who might like answers to some questions from somebody -- like me -- WHO WAS ACTUALLY THERE -- rather than speculate about it on a long thread in AZ.

But that would, in your "sick, besotted bird-brain," amount to some sort of "credibility" for me, and you can't deal with that. It makes it hard for you to move about with your chapped ass.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Freddy.....Please don't let all of these hatchet buryin‘, Hallmark card writin', I'm ok-You're ok thinkin‘, turn-the-other-cheek believin', peace pipe smokin‘, insult forgivin‘, goody-goody/peaceniks soften your stance and weaken your resolve! - you have to be, as our man Peaches used to say, “like a stanchion!”...

I say - keep fighting the good fight! - don’t fall for the soft con, keep those salvos flying! - an eye for an eye! - respond to any disrespectful insulters with extreme prejudice!...the veracity and the sanctity of The Beat List demands it!

HEED THE GHOST'S WARNING! >>> THERE'S SNAKE OIL IN THAT GOLDEN CHALICE OF PEACE-NECTAR THAT THEY'RE URGING YOU TO DRINK FROM!!!

- Ghost...:cool:

PS, And also, let's remember that very truthful old saying..."If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then by God, it is a duck!" ...:D

PPS, And hey Freddy, here's a thought - it's been 60 years now since the last one - maybe it's time for another atomic bomb test out there in the southwest desert!...:eek:...we would of course, give Bernie & Lenny advance warning...:D

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Quote SJDAlmost missed this post Fred, but why am I not surprised at your wealth of knowledge...Not only do you know the name, of every pool player who ever lived, but you know all their high runs, their strengths and weaknesses, and I'm sure, their sexual proclivities. I guess you think you should just be able to rail away, at anything, or anybody, and never be doubted...Don't know why it chaps my ass, but it sure as hell does.

And what is it that you usually attack about me? What bothers you the most about me? My "wealth of knowledge?" Somehow, after 56 years in the game, according to you, I apparently dont qualify to have any. That I know, and have played so many of the great players -- and have managed to have some measure of success gambling with them? That chaps your ass too, right?

You've called me a "local shortstop" and often hint that I dont belong in the Bank Pool HOF. What would you know about that? I have went everywhere and I have played everybody. You know what my high run in bank pool is? 27. I ran 27 practicing in Rockford, IL in front of 20 people. For money it was 15, against One Eyed Tony Howard, and 16 against Steve The Dasher from Chicago. That's why I bristle when you start your belittling.

But that would, in your "sick, besotted bird-brain," amount to some sort of "credibility" for me, and you can't deal with that. It makes it hard for you to move about with your chapped ass.

Beard

Apparently, the "besotted bird brain" has struck another nerve...

Since you absolutely refuse to learn to "cut and paste", when I think its worthwhile, I will dig up several posts where I gave you credit for your "accomplishments" in the pool world, and tossed you an olive branch, which you puked on. The thing that does chap my ass, is NO ONE can get a word in edgewise in that area, as YOU are always bringing them up YOURSELF. (see; new bank pool "high run" claims)

Also not surprising you brought your other homey into the fray...You I can tolerate, (sometimes) him I detest. I have been told by many, that even YOU (along with everyone else in Chicago)...could not stand him when he was there...but he seems to be a welcome port in the storm for you, when you rail against me.

Your "self righteous" indignation, at virtually ANY small (or large) barb, I may jokingly throw at you, just points out your insecurity and your need to be accepted as the "greatest authority on pool", God ever created.

I shall take a chance, at furthering your animosity for me, by again pointing up, the large number of PM's I have recieved in support of my "evaluation" of your overbearing, blustering attacks. It would be like pulling the wings off a fly...Especially given the source of some of them.

I would say this clusterf**k, has gone on long enough... Billy I., or AB, nor anyone else, can seem to bring it to a peaceful resolution, as you seem to constantly feel the need to keep it at a VERY personal level...and are bent out of shape because I keep pointing out that you are WRONG as to my motives. That is something, in your "holier than thou" make up...that you just cannot accept.

I suggest you mull over some of our past posts...It's all there in black and white, as to who took it "personal" first...And I don't mean ribbing you about your "beat list". Go ahead and twist this post around, to suit YOUR agenda...It is actually, far and away...YOUR BEST GAME.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Let's see, who started it?...hmmm

Let's see, who started it?...hmmm

Quote SJd:
I suggest you mull over some of our past posts...It's all there in black and white, as to who took it "personal" first...And I don't mean ribbing you about your "beat list". Go ahead and twist this post around, to suit YOUR agenda...It is actually, far and away...YOUR BEST GAME.[/QUOTE]

Here are the original posts that started all this sh*t. To start with, I presented a harmless informative post seeking to further the original point of the thread, and perhaps disclose some of the ways that the Sailor looked at aiming.
Now, I would like to hear from the so-called "multitude" of sympathetic PM'er's to SJD re this beef, just exactly what was it I said that deserved that degree of insulting dialogue? Maybe someone can explain to me why I shouldnt have been offended. Especially with our previous history. I would also like to know how many more asses were chapped over what I said in post #103.

Here is what I said in post #103
I fudged the number a bit. After going back in my memoirs I discovered it was "only" 356. Bob Jewett wouldnt know Wm Sailor Barge if the Sailor had bit him in the ass. He's been dead at least 30 years, maybe 40. He defined undercover. He played in small tournaments in small towns all up and down the East Coast. Always playing under an alias. Only the top guys like Procita, who he did hustle with, knew him and his speed. He was the only guy I know that Procita said he didnt spot anything. His protege Mickey Carpinello was a fabulous player and he said he wasn't a pimple on Sailor's booty. His high run occurred in the 40s.
There is a guy on the East Coast that Sailor lived with until his death. I call him once in awhile. This guy has the Sailor's old aiming system gimmicks. He sold them as a sideline. I have been trying to get this guy to send one to me for 6 years. He is afraid I am going to market it.

I never met the Sailor, I only knew him from the stories of Mickey and Sugar Shack.

Beard

Here is his original reply post # 104

Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
Let me preface this by saying, I'm not calling anyone a liar, but a run of 356 on a 5 X 10 (without a miss) is hard to fathom. That would far eclipse Mosconi's 526, on a "bucket" 4 1/2 by 9..(or oversize 4 X 8, by some accounts)...But at least his was somewhat verified...
As we all know, pool exploits (and $$$ amounts) can often be greatly multiplied. I would certainly wager major $$$ this is another one. And I have met (but never played)...the great Sailor in question, in Pensacola Fla, 1958.

PS..As for his aiming system...I strongly doubt there was one...He was "old school"...

Now here is his edited version, with cool out and justification in mind. Written well after my original reply. Slightly tamed, and friendlied up a little, not realizing I had already replied to the original version.

Belated edited post of #104

Let me preface this by saying, I'm not calling anyone a liar, but a run of 356 on a 5 X 10 (without a miss) is hard to fathom. That would far eclipse Mosconi's 526, on a "bucket" 4 1/2 by 9..(or oversize 4 X 8, by some accounts) in my mind...But at least Mosconi's was somewhat verified...
As we all know, pool exploits (and $$$ amounts) can often be greatly multiplied. I would certainly wager major $$$ this is another one. Also, I have met (but never played)...the great Sailor in question, in Pensacola Fla, in 1957 or '58. He was with, none other than Joe Procita and Ray Kilgore. Joe knew me, (he was mostly from Cal. in those days)... and saved me from blowing my skinny little bankroll, as they had bigger fish to fry. (Almost put on a spread with him, but he got the guy down without it)

PS..As for his aiming system...I strongly doubt there ever was one...He was "old school"...The subject rarely ever even came up, in those days...
I would also advise against bringing up old scuff's when there are older ones than you on board. Could catch a snag, here and there..

Just exactly what "snag" is he talking about? Where does that aspersion come from? What was it that I did wrong?

Why he added the Joe Procita stuff I cant imagine. All that did was serve to certify what I had said originally re Sailor's relationship with Procita.

Beard

I only made 2 declarations in my post, Sailor ran 356, and he had an aiming system, he called both of them untrue.

Still waiting for why 356 is impossible and 309 is not.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Here's a couple of guys who need something better to do. Seven thousand posts between them, and nothing established. I find myself culling this traffic to see if it might be about one-pocket, in which case I want to read it. Either or both of them could keep me looking forward to their messages, if they wanted to. Apparently they don't. :mad: :eek: