Adjusting to new tables

Dudley

Verified Member
I have been playing allot of one hole at my local pool hall these days and getting in cheap to moderate level action here and there. I feel pretty confident that what I try to execute will happen most of the time. However when I go to another room and match up I struggle to stay sharp and in rhythm because shot after shot my shots come out bad.

In 9ball I tend to overcome this fairly easily because every shot you play position 1, 2, or 3 rails and its much easier to read the rails and speed of the cloth through repetition. In one pocket though it seems like every aspect of how the table plays matters. For example the height/hardness of the rails or shape/size of the pockets.

How long should it take to adjust to "strange" equipment? How long would you hit balls on a table before bettin it up? Maybe this is just the problem with primarily playing on the same tables all the time.

Dudley

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'm a slow starter. I need an hour on strange equipment to get the right feel down. And yes, Dick, I'm talking about pool here...:rolleyes:

Doc