Action in Victorville

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Just got word that Beau Runnigan (sp) is on his way to Victorville to play JS some one hole. I was planning to go but just heard that there might be a little snow going up the hill through the Cajon pass. I decided to pass on the trip because of the weather.
There's been some good action at Gary's Victorville room lately. One reason is that they have some very well kept equipment there.

If I hear some updates I will try to post them. John really has a high powered one pocket game and I love to watch him move that cue ball around the table with so litter effort. Beau has really put his game together lately but probably will be getting some weight. Good luck to both since they are both friends of mine.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Frank....I met Beau for a minute, a few years ago at the DCC - seemed like a very nice young guy - and an excellent player, all games...was from Minnesota if I remember correctly.

- Ghost

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Frank....I met Beau for a minute, a few years ago at the DCC - seemed like a very nice young guy - and an excellent player, all games...was from Minnesota if I remember correctly.

- Ghost

I believe you're correct about the area he's from.
I think they were going to play two races to five sets. Word is that Beau won the first set hill/hill. Don't know if they played another one. Not sure of the spot but I think it was 9/7 or 11/9.
It's a good thing I didn't go to watch because they closed the road later and I would have been left out in the cold.
Happy New year to all.

baby huey

Verified Member
One of my guys was staking Beau and they trekked from Ventura, Ca. to Victorville about 130 miles to make the match. The word I got was the game was 10/8 and 9/8 and that they posted 3 sets at $500/set race to five games. Before I get to the results, a winter storm came through the area and snowed them in Victorville over night. Anyway it went hill hill and Beau won the first set and John quit. I don't know how that happened with them posting guaranteed sets but that is the word I got.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
One of my guys was staking Beau and they trekked from Ventura, Ca. to Victorville about 130 miles to make the match. The word I got was the game was 10/8 and 9/8 and that they posted 3 sets at $500/set race to five games. Before I get to the results, a winter storm came through the area and snowed them in Victorville over night. Anyway it went hill hill and Beau won the first set and John quit. I don't know how that happened with them posting guaranteed sets but that is the word I got.

So they came out about even after getting a room, meals, and gas. Do you know if the game was on the Diamond table?