Action in Portland

desert1pocket

Verified Member
From
Az
My wife and I will be visiting friends in the Portland area this fall, and I would like to play while I'm there. Anybody know where I can get a good 1-hole game there?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
desert1pocket said:
My wife and I will be visiting friends in the Portland area this fall, and I would like to play while I'm there. Anybody know where I can get a good 1-hole game there?
Maine or Oregon :) ?

thinker

If you can get away going to Seattle area3 hrs north I know major 1 hole action

thinker

outside Seattle try a place called Dr Cues in Bothel. xlt equipment 2 sections to the room. front for players - back section divided off so the loud music stays back there but you can still see it. :D

thinker

I'm not from that part of the country so I dont know names but Ive been there a few times. But they like ther 1 hole. There is a guy there who plays good (not a champion) but will go off with the right weight.

Pogue

Well-Known-Member
From
Mainz, Germany
Portland: Don't really know any places to play, but call pool halls in the area, and ask where these guys are.. They are where the action is.

Brad Gowan - Good player.. Will prob play some cheap..

Glenn Atwell - Dunno why this guy hasn't won a pro event yet. Mebbe health reasons, mebbe nerves. A stone cold player..

Al Perez Good bar table player - dunno if he plays One Pocket, but he's a gambler, so I assume so.

Seattle:

Bruce Robertson - Owner of Dr Cue's, Plays pretty decent

Joe Chun Pretty decent dunno if he still lives there.

Vince Frayne Good player dunno if he still lives there..

J.D. A player who will give you all you can handle... Unless you can spot Keith McCready the breaks in One Pocket... He will give you a spot, but prob not what you need... Not sure how low he will play. Sky is probably the limit on upper end.

Mike Zimmerman see above

Tim Tweedle Good player, stroots pretty straight

Tacoma:

Clark Smith at City Lights Billiards will play you some cheap.. Or he might play you for free!! a really good guy.

These people I knew from 10 years back, but I know at least half of them are still there. Have fun!!

Russ C.

Last edited: