A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Was lookin' through some old pics on this unseasonably cold and rainy day...found this pic taken about 6 yrs. ago on the main floor, at the old DCC Tournament - One Pocket division match...I'm playing in round 5 against one of my usual easy draws :rolleyes: - Hopkins...

In the pic, it's 1 game to 1, 6 balls to 6...Alan just tried a thin, opposite side of the table straight back bank on the 7ball - it was no easy straight back that I left him - he banked it short, but went two rails and left me froze against the 14ball - if he had made the bank, he had a chance to get shape and be out.

Don't ask me who won the match...:)

- Ghost

Attachments

• Playing Hopkins.jpg
    Playing Hopkins.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Was lookin' through some old pics on this unseasonably cold and rainy day...found this pic taken about 6 yrs. ago on the main floor, at the old DCC Tournament - One Pocket division match...I'm playing in round 5 against one of my usual easy draws :rolleyes: - Hopkins...

In the pic, it's 1 game to 1, 6 balls to 6...Alan just tried a thin, opposite side of the table straight back bank on the 7ball - it was no easy straight back that I left him - he banked it short, but went two rails and left me froze against the 14ball - if he had made the bank, he had a chance to get shape and be out.

Don't ask me who won the match...:)

==========================

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
This pic was taken in an impoverished neighborhood in Pakistan ----->

Fantastic photo, Ghosty. I heard there's a guy over there that goes off sometimes. I think I'll shoot over there and try to play the dude. See if I can make him dog it... Interested?? First I'm calling to see if he's got any backers he's mad at...

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Fantastic photo, Ghosty. I heard there's a guy over there that goes off sometimes. I think I'll shoot over there and try to play the dude. See if I can make him dog it... Interested?? First I'm calling to see if he's got any backers he's mad at...

Good luck getting back into the country.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This pic was taken in Korea...there was no info about the place where the pic was taken (nice looking little club), or the young lady...is that table some kind of modified Gold Crown 1 or 2? - or a knockoff?...interesting light green cloth.

- Ghost

Attachments

• 1 1 north-korea25.jpg
    1 1 north-korea25.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 2

RedCard

Verified Member

'… make him dog it …'.

Just ring the dinner bell.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Forgive the 9ball mention...but I think this is a very cool/minimalist set of balls for 9ball- I wonder if they make a full set of balls?

- Ghost

Attachments

• Raschig 9-ball set.jpg
    Raschig 9-ball set.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I did a brief web search. Evidently Raschig (who made the Turniersatz rack) made a 15 ball rack, but they're traditionally numbered.

Pretty neat without the numbers though. I tried a set of all yellow pool balls for use in one-pocket, but I didn't like it. It was too strange without the numbers or colors. Plus it would be harder to tell after an OB foul which one it was...:D

~Doc

aliasalias

From
bellingham washington
I went to Redbirds when I lived there in '86 or '87

I went to Redbirds when I lived there in '86 or '87

When I first played at his poolroom in San Marcos I played in the upstairs room and correct me if my memory is faulty I think it was before the downstairs room happened, but when it was opened I played there, in fact I played Redbird one pocket from the evening until 10 or 11 the next morning.
He shut off all the lights other than around our table and locked the front door, he was 'closed', but as owner it didn't matter and I was now just a guest. I remember he had someone that dropped by around 4 or 5 in the morning and he was expecting her, so maybe playing me was a way to kill the time waiting for someone to get to town. It was just $20.00 action so it probably had a lot to with having to wait up for someone but she said something about how the scene looked like something from a movie, dark everywhere but around the pool table and absolutely quiet except for the sounds of the game itself, no radio even playing.
Anyway we broke even and looking back I couldn't play 1 pocket a lick it was a game I felt I might have a chance against a better pool player and all I would do at that time was grab a ball then play safe unless anything else was there that was easy, then I duck. I was a grinder.
My last memory of the place was the UJ Puckett Open and he was there along with other names Dick Lane (I might be wrong but in the Calcutta I think he went the highest, sorry I don't remember the amount), Bob Vanover and a few more I'll probably remember right after I hit 'post'.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Time to lighten the mood again...

Time to lighten the mood again...

Back in my drug taking days (1965-1972), when stoned at the poolhall, this is what my opponent bringing the rack of balls over to our table looked like to me :eek: :heh ------>

Attachments

• A ACID 2.jpg
    A ACID 2.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 0