A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's probably Shannon Daulton to the left of Harriman. I don't recognize the guy to the right of Ginky.

Who are the two men in the ties? Also, is that Mike Gulyassy in the single picture?

Nice pics. ~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That's probably Shannon Daulton to the left of Harriman. I don't recognize the guy to the right of Ginky.

Who are the two men in the ties? Also, is that Mike Gulyassy in the single picture?

Nice pics. ~Doc

Tang Ho I think. And yes on Mike G. Don't know the suits.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Here's another pic from Chris's Billiards...that's me standing there with some of the bro's, sweating their Tonk or domino game (I don't remember which) for a minute...that's "Piggybanks" on the left...

This was taken 15-20 yrs. ago, back when everybody was hanging there - lotta action at Chris's back then...that's not the case anymore.

- Ghost

Attachments

• CHRIS'S ME, PIGGY, SYLV.JPG
    CHRIS'S ME, PIGGY, SYLV.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Back in the day when some of you guys used to hustle in those real dangerous bars and poolhalls - this is the pool cue that you should have had with you :eek: :heh :eek: ------>

- Ghost

PS, The white dowel section that you see, making up the handle of the knife, is buckhorn - an appropriate material to use, I would say...:heh

Attachments

• knife cue 2.jpg
    knife cue 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Back in the day when some of you guys used to hustle in those real dangerous bars and poolhalls - this is the pool cue that you should have had with you :eek: :heh :eek: ------>

- Ghost

PS, The white dowel section that you see, making up the handle of the knife, is buckhorn - an appropriate material to use, I would say...:heh

...and the other pic ------>

Attachments

• knife cue 1.jpg
    knife cue 1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

- Ghost

is that a quick release joint???;)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A pool player who was good friends with Billy Johnson sent me this link to a song that he wrote and sang and asked me to spread it around.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdpsZyiET4&feature=em-share_video_user[/ame]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Here's a pic of legendary cuemaker Herman Rambow and family from 1962 ----->

- Ghost

PS, Herman looks

Attachments

• RAMBOW.jpg
    RAMBOW.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3

zach

Ghost,

This is a picture of the corners table that used to reside in the Elk's Lodge in Nevada, Mo. Now for the disturbing part it was sold for $500 to make room for an 8' table. I was out of town or it would have been mine.

Zach

ps I was replying to post 55

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ghost,

This is a picture of the corners table that used to reside in the Elk's Lodge in Nevada, Mo. Now for the disturbing part it was sold for $500 to make room for an 8' table. I was out of town or it would have been mine.

Zach

ps I was replying to post 55
This is the pic:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, it's been a year-and-a-half since the last time I put a pic up on this thread - I guess it's about time for another one...:heh.....and for you newer members who never saw this thread that I started 4 years ago..if you start at the beginning, you'll see some good pics and also some amusing posts from the usual suspects...

The two pics previous to this one show a rare 2-pocket table, and a rare pic of legendary cuemaker Herman Rambow and his family.

And here we have a cool old pic of the hot Sophia Loren playing pool with some GI's...check out that sideways stare of the soldier in the middle - is he checking out Sophia's grip on the cue, or Sophia's very sexy and well known 'junk-in-the-trunk'...;)

- Ghost

Attachments

• 1 1 SOPHIA.jpg
    1 1 SOPHIA.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2

RedCard

Verified Member
Poe Bridge

Poe Bridge

'Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, continued to play through eyes so bleary, opponent becoming ever more cheery...'.

'Nevermore' quoth the bird.

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 0