A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

SactownTom said:
I just love this ... don't know where I got it.. but IMO it is RIGHT ON..

Hi Sactown Tom: I'm sure that you intended to make a really cute funny, but I do not find any humor in your picture. First off, from what I can gather, league play is where it's at today. I have been away from from the pool scene for quite some time, but from what I have been able to glean from this forum and other sources, it seems that league play is quite popular and those who run/own leagues make a rather handsome income.

In addition, I am offended by your cartoon as it depicts the 9ball, 10ball , and 8 ball players. How very offensive. In fact, I think Steve should ban your post. I'm quite serious. Steve removed a post by the Ghost that was no where near as offensive. This IS a pool site, isn't it???? And you disrespect players like that??

Sactown Tom, I suspect you meant no harm and were merely trying to be humorous, but from someone who has a very strong sense of humor, I am disturbed by your post, rather than humored by it.

I am not a player, but I was involved with an upper-echelon player/champion/hustler for about 4 years and I did a lot of watching. I can tell you that 9ball players ain't no monkeys and the 10 ball and 8 ball players ain't no Neanderthal men, either.

Please consider deleting your post.

Clare

Deeman

Verified Member
Clare said:
Hi Sactown Tom: I'm sure that you intended to make a really cute funny, but I do not find any humor in your picture. First off, from what I can gather, league play is where it's at today. I have been away from from the pool scene for quite some time, but from what I have been able to glean from this forum and other sources, it seems that league play is quite popular and those who run/own leagues make a rather handsome income.

In addition, I am offended by your cartoon as it depicts the 9ball, 10ball , and 8 ball players. How very offensive. In fact, I think Steve should ban your post. I'm quite serious. Steve removed a post by the Ghost that was no where near as offensive. This IS a pool site, isn't it???? And you disrespect players like that??

Sactown Tom, I suspect you meant no harm and were merely trying to be humorous, but from someone who has a very strong sense of humor, I am disturbed by your post, rather than humored by it.

I am not a player, but I was involved with an upper-echelon player/champion/hustler for about 4 years and I did a lot of watching. I can tell you that 9ball players ain't no monkeys and the 10 ball and 8 ball players ain't no Neanderthal men, either.

Please consider deleting your post.

Clare

Dear, Dear Claire,

Please cut him some slack. There has always been back and forth between 9 ballers and one pocket players ll in good fun and, of course, most of us play both.

Now, in regard to league players, I am sorry but the picture is pretty well dead on accurate! I am sorry we disagree here but I do actually believe that comparing APA players to Neandertals does a big disservice to our stone age predecessors! If this means I have no chance of seducing you in a weak moment down the road, so be it! Some truths just can't be allowed to be ignored.

Respectfully,

DeeMan

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clare said:

League play accounts for around 200,000 weekly bar box players, that's a lot of beer and nachos. Also... did you know the USA has more Bar Boxes (7 foot tables) than any other country in the WORLD...??

Yes... league players account for a lot of Pool product and beer sales

In addition, I am offended by your cartoon as it depicts the 9ball, 10ball , and 8 ball players. How very offensive.

Would the charactors be better off as a little baby, toddler? and on up to the Beer dinking league player?

In fact, I think Steve should ban your post. I'm quite serious. Steve removed a post by the Ghost that was no where near as offensive. This IS a pool site, isn't it???? And you disrespect players like that??

Me thinks the disrespect is to the apes not the players, but that's another post, Sorry if this comes across

Nothing but humor intended. if you really want me to delete I will. I will not willfully post anything that offends or disrespects anyone or post anything that may be perceived as such.

Please consider deleting your post. Just let me know who the upper-echelon player/champion/hustler is... I am serious. PM me pls.

Clare

curious minds would like to know

SactownTom said:

What the hell is wrong with you? Your remarks reflect mental illness. You are on a pool site, did you not know that? Man, are you that demented?

I have absolutely no intention of informing you of the info that you want to be apprised of. Don't hold your breath waiting for a PM from me. And I ask that other forum members not inform him, either. What the hell difference does it make? What are you, a drama queen?

P.S. Yes, I want you to delete your post. You say that you do not want to disrespect players, yet you continue to do so. What on Earth is your problem? I am baffled, befuddled, and downright stupefied as to how you could possibly think that you could disrespect pool players on a POOL WEB SITE and get away with it. Your shit ain't funny.

Clare

Last edited by a moderator:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SactownTom said:

clare i like deeman am alittle surprised at your response:eek:
obviously it has hit a sensitive nerve:(
among us 1p players we have the smug attitude that we are the thinkers and the upper etchelon of pool players.:)
since it take skills from all disciplines to be a good 1p player.
9 ball players that can shoot and run racks have skill of course.(and us older players wish we could shoot like them .
since we cant we boast how well we "move":rolleyes: )
but it takes less brains to play 9,10,8 ball than 1p
thats reality. tough if you cant accept that
doesnt mean if checkers is your thing and you are achampion at it you have no skill but its not the same as being a grandmaster at chess.

all in all i think the post was sent in a good hearted intenet and i think you are all over the top

as the duck would say
"but i still wuv you":)
just my 3 cents
larry

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The last time I posted up this pic was a year or so ago, after the 'beatle pummeling' :eek: glad I saved it for possible future use...:D >>>

- Ghost

Now is this a cool girlfriend to have or what - not only is she hot/sexy, she can fight too...:eek:...:heh

Attachments

• girl punch.jpg
    girl punch.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

lll said:
clare and jimmy reid(sp)(sorry clare if i have the spelling wrong) were together for many years many years ago

clare i like deeman am alittle surprised at your response:eek:
obviously it has hit a sensitive nerve:(
among us 1p players we have the smug attitude that we are the thinkers and the upper etchelon of pool players.:)
since it take skills from all disciplines to be a good 1p player.
9 ball players that can shoot and run racks have skill of course.(and us older players wish we could shoot like them .
since we cant we boast how well we "move":rolleyes: )
but it takes less brains to play 9,10,8 ball than 1p
thats reality. tough if you cant accept that
doesnt mean if checkers is your thing and you are achampion at it you have no skill but its not the same as being a grandmaster at chess.

all in all i think the post was sent in a good hearted intenet and i think you are all over the top

as the duck would say
"but i still wuv you":)

larry
LOTS of things hit a nerve with me, Larry, but I'm not going to let this one slide. Man, Larry, I asked respectfully that some info not be revealed, yet you immediately came forth with it. What is up with that?

The champion players have always been disrespected and berated by some. They see them as losers, bums, degenerates. Yet, they LOVE to watch them play and they love to be entertained by them. I've had ENOUGH of it. I'm fed up, as you might say. I'm disgruntled, disappointed, and angered. Isn't this a POOL web site?

I know you guys all have some pathetic need to defend each other. Get over it

P.S. I like Deeman, too. what does that have to do with anything?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
R.A. was known for his top speed sharking...but I would have to say that the two swimmers in this pic are getting sharked the worst that I've ever seen...:eek: >>>

- Ghost

PS, I sure hope they got away - that looks like a 10-footer...:eek:

Attachments

• SHARKED.jpg
    SHARKED.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1

One Pocket Ghost said:
The last time I posted up this pic was a year or so ago, after the 'beatle pummeling' :eek: glad I saved it for possible future use...:D >>>

- Ghosty

Dear Ghosty: Please go back and read my post #24 where I politely and respectfully expressed my opinion and asked that SacTown Tom delete the picture. Sactown Tom chose to not delete the picture and also responded to me with more of the same stuff that the picture depicted (see his post #26).

I don't mind you putting your piece in, but I do ask that you read each and every post, rather than conveniently selecting certain ones.

Thank you in advance,
Clare

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Clare said:
LOTS of things hit a nerve with me, Larry, but I'm not going to let this one slide. Man, Larry, I asked respectfully that some info not be revealed, yet you immediately came forth with it. What is up with that?

The champion players have always been disrespected and berated by some. They see them as losers, bums, degenerates. Yet, they LOVE to watch them play and they love to be entertained by them. I've had ENOUGH of it. I'm fed up, as you might say. I'm disgruntled, disappointed, and angered. Isn't this a POOL web site?

I know you guys all have some pathetic need to defend each other. Get over it

P.S. I like Deeman, too. what does that have to do with anything?

clare i was writing my response when you were posting yours. therefore i did not see your request although since ive been on the sight so long i did not realize that it was not common knowledge.:eek:
i have deleted it from my post.
and i apologize.

clare i like deeman should have been written something like this
clare, i similar to deemans responce.....
p.s. i like deeman too:)

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
What's up with this? Banning funny pictures? I thought this forum was supposed to be a cyberspace POOL ROOM not a Sunday School.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
demonrho said:
What's up with this? Banning funny pictures? I thought this forum was supposed to be a cyberspace POOL ROOM not a Sunday School.
There has not been any banning 'from above' -- maybe some self-edits, but nothing from admin -- so far :D :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
There has not been any banning 'from above' -- maybe some self-edits, but nothing from admin -- so far :D :D
there shouldnt need to be any banning from above
this is the CLEAN version so there shouldnt be any controversy:rolleyes: :D

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clare,
This is a web site for One Pocket players to discuss the game and how it is played and enjoy stories and reminice.

I assume your One Pocket experiences are at the very best vicarious.

I respected your request and removed the picture. What I didn't expect from you is your childish response and accusations and name calling.

The picture will be in the Members Cafe for those that have PM's me.

I suggest that you not go into that thread or you will be offended again.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clare,
Are you really serious with these comments? I know you don't know me, but I've been on this forum and personnally know these posters and their sense of humor. Apparently you are quite different and need to be treated differently than the normal posters. Sorry, but I don't see that is my job.

I suggest that if you don't like my posts or their content, don't read them.

Clare said:
P.S. Yes, I want you to delete your post. You say that you do not want to disrespect players, yet you continue to do so. What on Earth is your problem? I am baffled, befuddled, and downright stupefied as to how you could possibly think that you could disrespect pool players on a POOL WEB SITE and get away with it. Your shit ain't funny.

Clare