A Funny Thing Happened...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Thanks Dennis,Your not so bad after all:lol No really I appreciate that.I think you meant It.
Well anyway,I'm not going to cast judgement on SVB until I see exactly how
it went down.Yes,I'm pretty sure they were recording it.Maybe we will see something different than the way we have just heard about.John B.

John,

Of course I meant it. I knew in the other thread that you were just asking if you were required to call a foul on yourself. Your character is such that I figured you would if it ever arose, despite all the names you & I were called in the other thread I would do the same thing in a tournament setting.

I was watching the SVB fiasco live when it happened (see 1st post in this thread), it was unbelievable but the right thing for you to do is wait until you see it. That's only fair.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
John,

Of course I meant it. I knew in the other thread that you were just asking if you were required to call a foul on yourself. Your character is such that I figured you would if it ever arose, despite all the names you & I were called in the other thread I would do the same thing in a tournament setting.

I was watching the SVB fiasco live when it happened (see 1st post in this thread), it was unbelievable but the right thing for you to do is wait until you see it. That's only fair.

Dennis

Thanks alot.That's all I was asking,and come to find out I will and have called a foul on myself.I'm still not sure though if I feel any better about it though.That one the other day just jumped out of me the second I fouled the cball,LOL.Gettin soft in my old age maybe.Thanks again for standing up for me through all that.It's just that you and I think a like on that subject.Some just didn't get It.I have to say that the bad calls and all that sharking and such Is not near as bad as it used to be.It's come along way.John B.
PS: sorry I forgot that you watched as it happened.

Ktown

Verified Member
K Town,

You are starting to annoy me. He did not "make an attempt to cheat", he did cheat. he made an attempt, if he had gotten away with it then he would have successfully cheated ;) You still can't say it, because if you admit that he did cheat then you have to admit that he's a cheater and you can't or won't do that.

It was not "foolish", it was dishonest. it was both

He's not a "kid", he's a man. at your age, I figured you would appreciate the kid reference

He is a "thief", he stole a ball and tried to steal the game. That's 2 "thieving" incidents. you are correct, he tried

We are discussing the incident in the Morra vs. SVB match, we aren't discussing my possible past indiscretions or yours either. Stay on topic. I just get a kick out of judgmental people, they usually have skeletons

You wouldn't have "heard" of his cheating and believed it in the past anyway, you cannot even accept it now that he did it. You know me well enough to know what I would or wouldn't believe and what I have heard?

This was not "one moment of stupidity", he didn't accidently drive the wrong way down a one-way street. He thought about it, heard the audience applauding (thinking he called it), weighed his chances, decided to take his chances, knew he was cheating, thought he wouldn't get caught, did get caught, fessed up ONLY when confronted by Morra & the referee. These are many more than "one moment of stupidity"............

P.S. Invoking church, bible verses, and such leads me to say one final thing to you: religious jerks like you can kiss my ass. You be the one he cheated and I'll bet you change your tune, you'd be on this site crying like Roy from Norway. You've probably never come close to playing a big-money match in a tough game against a good player, if you had then you wouldn't be defending that good player when he cheats. LOL, I am no religious jerk you old monkey. I was simply using that as a burr to get under your chaps, cowboy. I have been around just a little and I have witnessed many things in this pool racket, this minor indiscretion is but a small blip on the radar. You're just a computer-cowboy-player (like the other idiot chiming in with his stupidity) and your opinion ain't worth shit. aren't you sweet

CD
I didn't start posting on this to defend Shane's actions, he was wrong. I started posting because of your holier than thou attitude, I found it amusing.

God Bless,
KT

John Brumback

Verified Member
I didn't start posting on this to defend Shane's actions, he was wrong. I started posting because of your holier than thou attitude, I found it amusing.

God Bless,
KT

Great come back K-Town!! But I'm going to jump in here and be the reff.I'm calling Stalemate tween you two.I think youin's broke even.:lol
Ole cowboy does come off sometimes like a grouchy ole principal we had in grade school:p But really he's ok and as you can tell has seen alot in his days.
Ya'll can thank me later with a beer or three.Have a good evenin,kids.haha
John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

God Bless,
KT

KT,

As I was uncertain if we were to have a triad or a quad of psychos here I researched some of your previous posts before responding to yours. I saw that you were friends with JB, SD and a few others. I also saw that you had a sense of humor meaning that the group would remain a triad:).

Maybe they'll get a room together, hold hands and share their flashbacks with each other, you on the other hand are condemned to stay here:D.

I'm not "holier than thou", I just hate cheaters. There's no place for it in our sport, that's all.

Take care KT.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Great come back K-Town!! But I'm going to jump in here and be the reff.I'm calling Stalemate tween you two.I think youin's broke even.:lol
Ole cowboy does come off sometimes like a grouchy ole principal we had in grade school:p But really he's ok and as you can tell has seen alot in his days.
Ya'll can thank me later with a beer or three.Have a good evenin,kids.haha
John B.

Dear "moonshine at the ole swimmin' hole" Breath,

Who you callin' grouchy? One of these days I'm gonna send you something good to drink:p, and it won't be Yukon f@@king Jack:eek:.

Cowboy "grouchy ole principal" Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear "moonshine at the ole swimmin' hole" Breath,

Who you callin' grouchy? One of these days I'm gonna send you something good to drink:p, and it won't be Yukon f@@king Jack:eek:.

Cowboy "grouchy ole principal" Dennis

You should have my address.Thanks,John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You should have my address.Thanks,John B.

I forgot I sent you the WEI info (which is useless now). I checked my "saved" PM's and I must've deleted it John. PM it to me again and you might just receive a bottle of Jenna's finest:), no saying when though, I'm back to work tomorrow.

Dennis

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I forgot I sent you the WEI info (which is useless now). I checked my "saved" PM's and I must've deleted it John. PM it to me again and you might just receive a bottle of Jenna's finest:), no saying when though, I'm back to work tomorrow.

Dennis

Ya'll don't be sending that "Demon Rum" thru the mail.
Unless you be sending it to me. :)
Rod.

Ktown

Verified Member
KT,

As I was uncertain if we were to have a triad or a quad of psychos here I researched some of your previous posts before responding to yours. I saw that you were friends with JB, SD and a few others. I also saw that you had a sense of humor meaning that the group would remain a triad:).

Maybe they'll get a room together, hold hands and share their flashbacks with each other, you on the other hand are condemned to stay here:D.

I'm not "holier than thou", I just hate cheaters. There's no place for it in our sport, that's all.

Take care KT.

Dennis

Bygones...... or big ones.... err, whatever.

Sometimes I get a little ahead of myself and go to town on something, makes me feel alive ;). I have read a lot of your posts and I appreciate what you have to say most of the time. This just happened to be one of those instances where I thought you were being a little tough. My thoughts may be a little skewed because I know a lot of people in the pool world and have seen many people do many shady things many times (emphasis on many).

I didn't think the guy deserved a free pass by any means, it may have came off that way. I was just comparing his history (what I know of it) against who I traditionally think of as "treacherous" and he looked like a choirboy. He made himself look stupid and drew attention to himself and I believe that was enough to make him think twice before he tries to pull something slick (or not so slick) down the road.

Cheers,
KT

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Someone who is a member there should let these idiots know that SVB is a cheat who got caught. The TD & Morra did not make any mistakes that weren't induced by SVB acting like he'd won the game and starting to rack the balls.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=261494

Dennis

Someone who is a member there should let these idiots know that SVB is a cheat who got caught. The TD & Morra did not make any mistakes that weren't induced by SVB acting like he'd won the game and starting to rack the balls.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=264568

Even Jay just wants everyone to forget it. Hey Jay, driving the wrong way down a one-way street is a mistake, staking a top-level pool player is a mistake, calling a bank 4 rails and trying to take credit for it when it goes 2 rails makes a person a lying, cheating, dishonest POS, no matter who that player is or what he's done in the past. It was not a mistake.

jay helfert said:
Let's just say Shane made a mistake and lesson learned. And let it go at that. I too like Shane a lot and think he is a great representative for American pool, but even he can make a mistake. Hopefully he learns from this experience that he will always be in the spotlight and people watch everything he does closely (on or off the table!), just like any other public figure. If it had happened to almost any other player on an outside table we'd probably never hear about it.

Jay is admitting to all the morons at the All-Zaniness site that he knows SVB cheated but he's asking them to just "forget it".

Jay, try showing some backbone, it's in short supply.

Dennis

hitnandpikn

Verified Member

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=264568

Even Jay just wants everyone to forget it. Hey Jay, driving the wrong way down a one-way street is a mistake, staking a top-level pool player is a mistake, calling a bank 4 rails and trying to take credit for it when it goes 2 rails makes a person a lying, cheating, dishonest POS, no matter who that player is or what he's done in the past. It was not a mistake.

Jay is admitting to all the morons at the All-Zaniness site that he knows SVB cheated but he's asking them to just "forget it".

Jay, try showing some backbone, it's in short supply.

Dennis

I agree. It happened, and thousands of dollars were at stake. SVB isn't the only guy trying to make a living winning prize money. A hit to his reputation is tough medicine but how would Morra feel about taking thousands less cash and a second place finish? This may be Morra's biggest pool achievement, you never know, what a shame it would have been for him not to have had it. Upon further investigation it is lucky Shane fessed up or he may have been DQ from his master of the table. I'm sure every tournament director played over the situation in their heads to come up with their ruling.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I agree. It happened, and thousands of dollars were at stake. SVB isn't the only guy trying to make a living winning prize money. A hit to his reputation is tough medicine but how would Morra feel about taking thousands less cash and a second place finish? This may be Morra's biggest pool achievement, you never know, what a shame it would have been for him not to have had it. Upon further investigation it is lucky Shane fessed up or he may have been DQ from his master of the table. I'm sure every tournament director played over the situation in their heads to come up with their ruling.

hitandpikn,

You are about the 3rd person on either site (AZ or here) that has acknowledged (outright) that it actually happened. I saw it (on stream) live and there were no replays as one person suggested. Just as AccuStats was beginning a replay they cut back to live action as the TD was brought into it. To the best of my recollection nobody saw a replay of this incident on the AccuStats stream because I didn't.

To my recollection you are the first person to publicly acknowledge Morra's stake in this potential fiasco. Congrats to you:).

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
hitandpikn,

You are about the 3rd person on either site (AZ or here) that has acknowledged (outright) that it actually happened. I saw it (on stream) live and there were no replays as one person suggested. Just as AccuStats was beginning a replay they cut back to live action as the TD was brought into it. To the best of my recollection nobody saw a replay of this incident on the AccuStats stream because I didn't.

To my recollection you are the first person to publicly acknowledge Morra's stake in this potential fiasco. Congrats to you:).

Dennis

RBL, No one knows your obsession for, "truth in posting" and "calling 'em like you see's 'em-ism"...better than moi..:cool:

I am certainly not condoning SVB's actions in this situation, nor am I saying to give him a free pass. What I will say, (and I'm sure you will call it a 'cop out')..is this.

Of ALL the top pool player's I've ever known, based on their integrity, honesty, sportsmanship, humility..etc,...Shane has shown me he has those qualities, in greater abundance, than almost any other player I've known in my life.(present company excepted, of course).:eek:

I don't really know him, personally, all that well, I am just basing it on what I have seen, thus far from him, and I have followed him quite closely...Perhaps thats why so many are quick to defend his error in judgement, as it was so 'out of character' for him.

You must admit, it was a very unusual situation, and, that it probably took more balls to IMMEDIATELY admit he was wrong, rather than argue the point. I'm sure going forward, he learned a valuable lesson,..and I would bet huge $$$ nothing remotely like that, ever happens to him again.

PS.True Confession.(PLEASE don't think less of me) I once STOLE a ball out of the tray, playing RA., and dammit, he caught me..:(
The fact remains, that he is still about 150 stolen balls ahead of ME !! (as he is harder to catch)..My question is this...Should I try and maintain my high moral standards, or should I just shoot him in the head next time I see him ??? :frus

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Futhermore

Futhermore

Like I said I didn't see it happen but some are saying that he changed his mind about the shot and then forgot to call the shot that he changed his mind to. I also would be shocked if that boy ever cheated.

I think that when the tape comes out it will bring a new and better lite on what and how it really happened.But there again Dennis sat right there and watched it happened and that ole Dennis don't miss much,:lol I know I'm not going to hang the kid until I see just what the hell went down. I really hope there was more to it than him just tryin to steal a ball.I'm almost sure of it,that there will be more to the story.
The kid's a good kid,really he is.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
RBL, No one knows your obsession for, "truth in posting" and "calling 'em like you See's 'em-ism"...better than moi..:cool:

I am certainly not condoning SVB's actions in this situation, nor am I saying to give him a free pass. What I will say, (and I'm sure you will call it a 'cop out')..is this.

Of ALL the top pool player's I've ever known, based on their integrity, honesty, sportsmanship, humility..etc,...Shane has shown me he has those qualities, in greater abundance, than almost any other player I've known in my life.(present company excepted, of course).:eek:

I don't really know him, personally, all that well, I am just basing it on what I have seen, thus far from him, and I have followed him quite closely...Perhaps that's why so many are quick to defend his error in judgement, as it was so 'out of character' for him.

You must admit, it was a very unusual situation, and, that it probably took more balls to IMMEDIATELY admit he was wrong, rather than argue the point. I'm sure going forward, he learned a valuable lesson,..and I would bet huge $$$ nothing remotely like that, ever happens to him again.

PS.True Confession.(PLEASE don't think less of me) I once STOLE a ball out of the tray, playing RA., and dammit, he caught me..:(
The fact remains, that he is still about 150 stolen balls ahead of ME !! (as he is harder to catch)..My question is this...Should I try and maintain my high moral standards, or should I just shoot him in the head next time I see him ??? :free

Dick,

Saying that SVB has "a greater abundance" of good qualities than the liars & cheaters & lowlifes that you've known in your life is not exactly a ringing endorsement of him. If I ever need a lawyer I hope he doesn't think like you.

I'll say it once again: the proper response to calling a ball 4 rails and making it 2 rails is to spot the ball up and go sit down, nothing more, nothing less.

Have you even bothered to read the posts in this thread? Did you see this one:

Cowboy Dennis said:
This was not "one moment of stupidity", he didn't accidently drive the wrong way down a one-way street. He thought about it, heard the audience applauding (thinking he called it), weighed his chances, decided to take his chances, knew he was cheating, thought he wouldn't get caught, did get caught, fessed up ONLY when confronted by Morra & the referee. These are many more than "one moment of stupidity".

He made at least 7 "mistakes". All of these thoughts had to be acted on for him to "make the mistake". It wasn't a "split-second" decision.

SVB did not "immediately admit he was wrong", he started to rack for the next game.

If this had occurred on a table where there wasn't a camera nobody would even know about it, it would just be a quickly-forgotten rumor.

Nobody seems too concerned about Morra being cheated. If he hadn't called SVB out then SVB would've broke the rack and possibly won and been the winner of all 3 disciplines at the DCC. Only Morra stopped that from happening by being alert. It seems that everyone is concerned about SVB's reputation and they are completely ignoring Morra's stake in this.

Here are just a few of the comments made concerning SVB's cheating:

...just had a moment...

...made a mistake in the heat of the moment...

...a momentary lapse of morals & good judgement...

...acted irresponsibly...

...a lapse in judgement...

...made an attempt to cheat (but didn't actually cheat since he got caught(my words))...

...made a mistake...

...brain farted...

...error in judgement...

Let me point it out for you one more time:

The proper response to calling a ball 4 rails and making it 2 rails is to spot the ball up and go sit down. Why is that so tough for people to say?

When the DVD comes out of this match I'll probably bring it up again, if a player can cheat like that on a t.v. table, in front of an audience (that was fooled) and almost get away with it then it needs to be pointed out by somebody.

P.S. Concerning your "theft" of a ball from RA...if you're just stealing one back that he stole from you it's O.K.:p

One of these days I'll get around to telling the story of how Miami stole a ball from me back in the 80's and I waited about 15-18 years to get it back, and no, I didn't steal it back from him. That's why it was so sweet:)

Dennis