9' table in 18' room

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
My preference if tight for space but close is to center the table and have a shorter cue when shooting from the rail at either side. This way you do not need a cue too short at any given time. Just get the longest short cue you can find that works, balance the cue and taper the shaft the way you want it so it feels as comfortable as your full-sized playing cue. The important thing is to enjoy what you have and adapt if need be.

And, Brunswick is full of crap with their suggestions on table size, they are just trying to sell tables to everyone. Larry's chart is much more in line, but it's still a minimum. I refinished a basement to measure 19' but it came in about 4" shorter and it was frustrating...I needed to get a slightly shorter cue for that area.

Peace.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
My preference if tight for space but close is to center the table and have a shorter cue when shooting from the rail at either side. This way you do not need a cue too short at any given time. Just get the longest short cue you can find that works, balance the cue and taper the shaft the way you want it so it feels as comfortable as your full-sized playing cue. The important thing is to enjoy what you have and adapt if need be.

And, Brunswick is full of crap with their suggestions on table size, they are just trying to sell tables to everyone. Larry's chart is much more in line, but it's still a minimum. I refinished a basement to measure 19' but it came in about 4" shorter and it was frustrating...I needed to get a slightly shorter cue for that area.

Peace.
Hi 12. Agree. Brunswick's 18x14 is full of soup. I'm doing exactly what you are doing...and a good excuse to get a nice custom shorty. Maybe get 2 shafts and work at 54-55". Next subject. Diamond Professional, GC6 or Custom GC from Blatt in NY. The GC6 is absolute horrible looking... I'm trying to like it. Can't stand it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hi 12. Agree. Brunswick's 18x14 is full of soup. I'm doing exactly what you are doing...and a good excuse to get a nice custom shorty. Maybe get 2 shafts and work at 54-55". Next subject. Diamond Professional, GC6 or Custom GC from Blatt in NY. The GC6 is absolute horrible looking... I'm trying to like it. Can't stand it.
Diamond professional seems to be the table of choice these days
i would pick the table you would play the most on when not playing in your man cave
I just had my gc 1or 2 customized with extended rails and 4 1/4 inch pockets with Simonis 760
it plays great
its fast like a diamond
rails play truer like a gc
and I saved thousands compared to what a diamond pro am would cost
jmho

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Diamond professional seems to be the table of choice these days
i would pick the table you would play the most on when not playing in your man cave
You have a nice Gold Crown. Lately I’m a cave dweller and don’t see that changing. I’ll enjoy whatever I get.

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I found that the space recommendation from Brunswick for a 9 foot table to be incorrect at 18 feet in length by 14 feet in width. It needs to be longer and wider.

I had a Brunswick Gold Crown III. The space I used was exactly 19 feet in length. The cue stick I used was 58 inches in length. I found that this was the minimum length needed for the pool table and cue stick. The width of my space was irregular from 13 feet to 14 1/2 feet. I centered the table to have unrestricted play on 3 sides but unable to play many shots on the remaining side. It was perfect for practice. I did have a friend run 100 balls on that pool table even with the restrictions of the wall.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I found that the space recommendation from Brunswick for a 9 foot table to be incorrect at 18 feet in length by 14 feet in width. It needs to be longer and wider.

I had a Brunswick Gold Crown III. The space I used was exactly 19 feet in length. The cue stick I used was 58 inches in length. I found that this was the minimum length needed for the pool table and cue stick. The width of my space was irregular from 13 feet to 14 1/2 feet. I centered the table to have unrestricted play on 3 sides but unable to play many shots on the remaining side. It was perfect for practice. I did have a friend run 100 balls on that pool table even with the restrictions of the wall.
Here’s where mine gets cute if I use the provided space. Glass on The Avenue and Blvd. Dual window/French doors. Thankfully it’s hurricane glass other wise I’d have shutters in the house.