LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Scott wins 4-1

Tony finishes 4th

Scott plays Joey for one-loss bracket

JJ in the hotseat.

JJ commentated most of the Frost-Chohan match. Every time I hear him I'm reminded how good he is. If we could get him in the booth with the Doctor, we'd have the NUTZ!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Scott wins 4-1

Tony finishes 4th

Scott plays Joey for one-loss bracket

JJ in the hotseat.

JJ commentated most of the Frost-Chohan match. Every time I hear him I'm reminded how good he is. If we could get him in the booth with the Doctor, we'd have the NUTZ!

Actually I was a little disappointed with his commentary. Most of the time he was spot on but a few times he disappeared from the game. Scotts shot in the third game really won the match. (The bank) From there Scott dominated. I don't think Tony likes tournaments, he prefers to wind players down. A very good idea IMHO.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Scott beats Joey 4-0 (Joey takes 3rd place)

JJ vs Scott in final. I think I heard it was true double elim.

I understand that the final is to start in about 30 min

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Joey must have really improved his pocketing.. He was always a good mover..

Rob, imo he's also always been an excellent ball-pocketer (unfortunately I saw that too up close and personal, having drawn him in the Galveston tournament several years ago :mad:) ...he's won or finished in the top 4 of many 9ball tournaments - just to mention one of them..he beat Warren Kiamco in the final a few years ago to win a big 9ball tournament.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
JJ up 0 to -3 in game 2... Scott kicks into stack for a semi-wired ball that goes... he runs 10 but can't get out... the game continues... 7-4, JJ shooting

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
7-5. Scott hides ball by his hole but leaves JJ a semi-free back-cut to possibly get two. JJ misses and scratches freaky,

Match score now 1-1; Scott breaking

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Scott takes a smoke break.

Somebody buy him a Vape.

Ten minutes is getting into the area of gamesmanship.

He's back 11 1/2 minutes.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
7-3 JJ game 3

7-5

JJ scratches while missing a long cross-corner. 6-4

Scott misses BIH... JJ misses spot shot

JJ "spears" a straight-back that has very little room past an intervening ball -- 7-4

Scott makes a dangerous back-cut straightback 7-5

3rd consecutive win by non-breaker

Scott misses a spot shot a scratches... concedes... 2-1 JJ

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Game 4

JJ breaks, Inning 4 Scott shoots aggressive combo bank, makes one for JJ and leaves an easy cross corner with natural shape..

JJ misses... Scott misses but hangs... JJ runs 6 and nudgess Scott's hanging ball.

Scott leaves a free shot but long and on a scratch angle. JJ plays safe.

Scott comes up an inch short, leaving JJ a long semi-difficult shot... he rolls it in.

JJ up 3-1

Scott to break

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Game 4

JJ breaks, Inning 4 Scott shoots aggressive combo bank, makes one for JJ and leaves an easy cross corner with natural shape..

JJ misses... Scott misses but hangs... JJ runs 6 and nudgess Scott's hanging ball.

Scott leaves a free shot but long and on a scratch angle. JJ plays safe.

Scott comes up an inch short, leaving JJ a long semi-difficult shot... he rolls it in.

JJ up 3-1

Scott to break

Thanks for the play by plays, I feel like I am almost watching it..kinda ;)

On a side note, I am really looking forward to seeing if Tony matches up with Scott for a longer session at the derby..

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
JJ leaves Scott a straightback which he misses and complains about the table again.

After several innings, JJ misses a tricky cross-corner with a safety illusion (if hit good enough to make the cc, get safe; if not, not.)

Scott runs 8-out.

3-2 JJ, JJ breaking.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Good break.

With no obvious good options, Scott picks out a Harrigan and fires away. Oops, leaves JJ almost straight in. JJ makes one but gets out of line... he can make the ball but to get shape on another he has to firethe ball down the rail into this tough pocket. He fires and nails it... CB 3 rails.

JJ makes one more (3-0) and tries a tough somethin' (looked like a combo carom) and doubles the corner but leaves Scott a little bit tough.

Scott makes two but gets out of line and has to shoot a CC, which he barely misses, leaving JJ tough. JJ tries an 89 degree cut and misses the ball... spots one. 2-2.

Scott makes one and gets out of line. Shoots a combo with builtin safety. Misses, but safe (maybe... came a little short of perfect) JJ thinks about kicking at a ball on the bottom rail near his pocket, but plays safe uptable.

Scott leaves JJ straight in, but corner-to-corner long. JJ takes a break.

Tw safeties followed by JJ playing safe but getting another ball in front of his hole. Current table would allow either to run out with a good start.

2 more safeties then a light trap by Scoot, JJ gets back safe.) Scott safe, JJ takes a foul, Scott tries tight CC and almost makes the ball for JJ, but safe.

JJ leaves Scott a choice of straightback or twisty down his long rail... makes the straightback and then made some shot I didn't see while typing :frus

Misses near straight-in. 5-2 Scott

JJ runs 3 and hangs the fourth. Scott ignores it shooting a cc that laid tricky and double kissed.

JJ shoots a combo, a straight-in and a straightback for the win and the title. $6000 first, $3000 second.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Good break.

With no obvious good options, Scott picks out a Harrigan and fires away. Oops, leaves JJ almost straight in. JJ makes one but gets out of line... he can make the ball but to get shape on another he has to firethe ball down the rail into this tough pocket. He fires and nails it... CB 3 rails.

JJ makes one more (3-0) and tries a tough somethin' (looked like a combo carom) and doubles the corner but leaves Scott a little bit tough.

Scott makes two but gets out of line and has to shoot a CC, which he barely misses, leaving JJ tough. JJ tries an 89 degree cut and misses the ball... spots one. 2-2.

Scott makes one and gets out of line. Shoots a combo with builtin safety. Misses, but safe (maybe... came a little short of perfect) JJ thinks about kicking at a ball on the bottom rail near his pocket, but plays safe uptable.

Scott leaves JJ straight in, but corner-to-corner long. JJ takes a break.

Tw safeties followed by JJ playing safe but getting another ball in front of his hole. Current table would allow either to run out with a good start.

2 more safeties then a light trap by Scoot, JJ gets back safe.) Scott safe, JJ takes a foul, Scott tries tight CC and almost makes the ball for JJ, but safe.

JJ leaves Scott a choice of straightback or twisty down his long rail... makes the straightback and then made some shot I didn't see while typing :frus

Misses near straight-in. 5-2 Scott

JJ runs 3 and hangs the fourth. Scott ignores it shooting a cc that laid tricky and double kissed.

JJ shoots a combo, a straight-in and a straightback for the win and the title. $6000 first, $3000 second.

Wow, good win for JJ, thanks for the replay again ~

treeMan

Verified Member
You da man!

You da man!

Thanks for keeping us updated John, excellent play by play!