8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Truck Im not clear. If we purchase the whole kit will we be able to see reruns of the action. What would be the time frame to watch replays? I wont be able to watch continuously. Or will DVDs be available?

I will be uploading videos the week following the event. I usually say within 2 weeks the video will be uploaded and that's a safe bet.

If you purchase the event pass you get the upload access free of any additional charges.

If you want the videos on a hard drive to enjoy without the hassle of youtube, send a USB 3.0 hard drive to me and I will load them and mail back. Cost for this is $60 on your hard drive. $3 Shipping

PoolActionTV
P.O.Box 673
Lorena,TX 76655

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I think like other of these multi game events, there is not enough time or tables to handle a larger field.

By limiting the number of players they can pre schedule matches and not run into the other tournaments time frame.

I wonder how many entrants you could get at $6,000 a pop.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I will be uploading videos the week following the event. I usually say within 2 weeks the video will be uploaded and that's a safe bet.

If you purchase the event pass you get the upload access free of any additional charges.

If you want the videos on a hard drive to enjoy without the hassle of youtube, send a USB 3.0 hard drive to me and I will load them and mail back. Cost for this is $60 on your hard drive. $3 Shipping

PoolActionTV
P.O.Box 673
Lorena,TX 76655
i did this for the appleton compton match
and am very pleased with the quality and prompt service from ray....:)
still watching it....:eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ray
i clicked on the home page and i cant find how to pay now for an event pass for the 1p next week or the 9 ball this weekend
help please

Bigtruck

Verified Member
ray
i clicked on the home page and i cant find how to pay now for an event pass for the 1p next week or the 9 ball this weekend
help please

I am covering the Houston Open this weekend. After I break down in Houston Sunday night I will be hitting the road for Poplar Bluff. 12 hrs!! I will be changing the PPV buttons and then sleeping for most of the drive to Mo.

One Pocket passes will go on sale Monday by noon central.

Thanks,

Ray

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
cant wait this is going to be a great
event if you like 1 pocket this is as good
as it gets high stakes great players some
of the old greats like Efren Busti and Frost
and some of the young guns like Chip Bergman
and Josh should make for some very interesting matches
and Scott Rabon and Nick Varner in the booth wow

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I am covering the Houston Open this weekend. After I break down in Houston Sunday night I will be hitting the road for Poplar Bluff. 12 hrs!! I will be changing the PPV buttons and then sleeping for most of the drive to Mo.

Thanks, Ray
Ray, at which room is the Hoston Open going to be played?

Never mind, Ray, I found it. It's in League City down toward Galveston. Is the owner the same guy who put on the Galveston Classic several years back?

~Doc

Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
I'm not a fan at all of these $1000 2000 6000 tournaments, just like the "Mars stakehorse" challenge whatever number that was 20,000 or something like that.

It should tell you something right away that people either don't want to, or can't afford to put up their entry fee.

I wonder how many entrants you could get at $6,000 a pop.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I'm not a fan at all of these $1000 2000 6000 tournaments, just like the "Mars stakehorse" challenge whatever number that was 20,000 or something like that.

It should tell you something right away that people either don't want to, or can't afford to put up their entry fee.

I dont it get whats not to like the best players in the world
playing to win some big money, so what if its not their own
cash pool players have always had backers and stake horses
nothing new about that where else can you see Scott Frost playing
Efren with 25k up for grabbs

Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
I thought I explained it pretty well in the last part.

The entry fees are just ridiculous, and if you do the math what the players end up getting would be more akin to a $100-$300 entry fee tournament.

You can watch the best players in the world for far cheaper than a 6k entry fee. Go to the Derby city. Go to Kolby's go to any of the west coast one pocket tournaments.

Would you put up $100 to win $400? 6k x 4 is a little bit less than 25k though.

I dont it get whats not to like the best players in the world
playing to win some big money, so what if its not their own
cash pool players have always had backers and stake horses
nothing new about that where else can you see Scott Frost playing
Efren with 25k up for grabbs

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I thought I explained it pretty well in the last part.

The entry fees are just ridiculous, and if you do the math what the players end up getting would be more akin to a $100-$300 entry fee tournament.

You can watch the best players in the world for far cheaper than a 6k entry fee. Go to the Derby city. Go to Kolby's go to any of the west coast one pocket tournaments.

Would you put up $100 to win $400? 6k x 4 is a little bit less than 25k though.

I can see your point but this is not the same kind of event this has only has 8 top players with 3 places paid that means 3 players make money 5 dont i think the players look at like a chance at a good payday and the backers look at it like they get better odds on the money compared to what they would get backing a player in a one on one match. I know this type event can only happen with enough backers with the cash but all the money taken in is paid out so no fees or house cut so it is really just a organized gambling match plus some money added but as sweater i think it is great and will be watching

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Verified Member

Wrong on both counts. What's wrong with getting staked. Nothing as long as the amount is big enough.

Why cut out the stakehorse/superfan??? The bigger entry fees are a win win for everyone. The stakehorses get to take a shot at some decent money with their horse and the horses get to run. win. We get great matches to sweat and learn from. win. The pool rooms have lots of fans coming in to sweat the big action. win. The sponsors get a chance to be involved with top action. win.

What's not to like?? How about an open event on the side for cheap entry?? Done.

All we need is more added money. It's coming too.

These big entry events are very exciting and have generated a lot of interest.

They will keep happening. There's more action for top players than there has been in a while. We need to keep looking for ways to create opportunities for the top guys.

Ray

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Wrong on both counts. What's wrong with getting staked. Nothing as long as the amount is big enough.

Why cut out the stakehorse/superfan??? The bigger entry fees are a win win for everyone. The stakehorses get to take a shot at some decent money with their horse and the horses get to run. win. We get great matches to sweat and learn from. win. The pool rooms have lots of fans coming in to sweat the big action. win. The sponsors get a chance to be involved with top action. win.

What's not to like?? How about an open event on the side for cheap entry?? Done.

They will keep happening. There's more action for top players than there has been in a while. We need to keep looking for ways to create opportunities for the top guys.

Ray

You couldn't keep them (the stake horses) out anyway. They could slip the entrant the money on the sly.

I know that this tournament is limited to 8 players and thus it shall be. I know you said there was an open with a high entry amount some time ago and only got 8 players that time. I'm thinking an open with a high entry figure might get 10 players the next time it was held and 12 the next. How would you know unless you tried it. I'm sure the first time The World Series of Poker was held at $10,000.00 a pop there were fewer entrants than there were in 2014.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Corey Deuel has replaced Richie Richeson. I do not know the details on how or why.

Ray

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Thanks,

Ray

thanks ray
looking forward to it
larry

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Ray
ray dont listen to the naysayers
as long as the events are successfull
it speaks for itself
I thank you for trying to come up with ways to bring the best in pool in general and one pocket in particular to my and all pool lovers viewing pleasure
keep it up.....kudos.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
ray dont listen to the naysayers
as long as the events are successfull
it speaks for itself
I thank you for trying to come up with ways to bring the best in pool in general and one pocket in particular to my and all pool lovers viewing pleasure
keep it up.....View attachment 10961

Ditto here -- Ray is a do-er -- we could use a lot more of those in pool!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Larry said:
I thank you for trying to come up with ways to bring the best in pool in general and one pocket in particular to my and all pool lovers viewing pleasure.
keep it up.....

Ditto here -- Ray is a do-er -- we could use a lot more of those in pool!
Excellent points, lads. The guys who get out there and promote, and get things happening make it enjoyable for the rest of us!:):):)

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I just don't see why players would put up 10K eachwhen the house is putting up NOTHING.

Why not just match up a gamble for the 10K?

Bill S.

When I had a small room -- no bar or restaurant -- tournaments were an expense for me (table time and perks for the participants) without adding money. Granted, there is some promotional value, but in my experience it was minimal.

So, IMO, for added money to make sense for the room owner, he needs to have a bar, a restaurant, and plenty of room for spectators.

As to matching up and just gambling for the cash, I think lots of players would like to put up money with several others to play a tournament format, if someone would organize it for them.

Tournaments that are not specifically organized to have an elite-player-only field will have about half the field putting up entry fees by "can't win" players... that should make it juicy enough for the other half.

I'm confused by the idea that room owners "owe" the players more than the time and resources for promoting/organizing and the free table time to play it.