8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Live coverage from Smokin Aces BBQ & Billiards, 515 Highway 53
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901.

Free to watch in person with VIP seating available (first come first served)

Online is PPV that is accessible from the colored buttons on the home page of www.poolactiontv.com

***most players are confirmed but one is subject to change

Hall of Famer Nick Varner will be joining Scott Rabon making this a "real" One Pocket clinic/course. Don't miss it.

**All Event pass holders will have access to videos of all matches.
*** All Event pass holder will also get one entry to the quarterly drawing. (Grand Prize is a Lomax Merry Widow)

PPV pricing will be: Event Pass 29.95 Day 1~13.95 Day 2 ~15.95 Day 3~17.95 Finals~12.95

Scott Frost
Efren Reyes

Justin Hall out Richie Richeson out Corey Deuel in
Chip Compton
Francisco Bustamante
Joey Gray
Josh Roberts
Justin Bergman

Race to 7
One Pocket
True Double Elimination
2 matches per day.

Begins on Tuesday September 30th at 12 Noon!!!

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Live coverage from Smokin Aces BBQ & Billiards, 515 Highway 53
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901.

Free to watch in person with VIP seating available (first come first served)

Online is PPV that is accessible from the colored buttons on the home page of www.poolactiontv.com

***most players are confirmed but one is subject to change

Hall of Famer Nick Varner will be joining Scott Rabon making this a "real" One Pocket clinic/course. Don't miss it.

**All Event pass holders will have access to videos of all matches.
*** All Event pass holder will also get one entry to the quarterly drawing. (Grand Prize is a Lomax Merry Widow)

PPV pricing will be: Event Pass 29.95 Day 1~13.95 Day 2 ~15.95 Day 3~17.95 Finals~12.95

Scott Frost
Efren Reyes
Justin Hall
Chip Compton
Francisco Bustamante
Joey Gray
Josh Roberts
Justin Bergman

Race to 7
One Pocket
True Double Elimination
2 matches per day.

Begins on Tuesday September 30th at 12 Noon!!!

You don't see Reyes as often in this country anymore -- especially in the midwest. Looks like a great lineup Ray!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Great choice with Varner as commentator! I know that he'd rather be playing, but Nick is a very insightful and knowledgeable commentator-- AND a real gentleman.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Great choice with Varner as commentator! I know that he'd rather be playing, but Nick is a very insightful and knowledgeable commentator-- AND a real gentleman.

~Doc

Scott is also very good Doc and can play with just about anybody. He is a little under the radar IMO.

I saw him gamble with a very good well known player in a long session at Derby City and he was more than holding his own.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
If anyone would like a piece of the action, we have a few percentages available on the following players:

Efren - 100% in (some available)
Bustamante 100% in (some available)
Justin Hall - 50% in (some available) not in yet
Josh Roberts - 100% in (some available)
Corey Deuel - wants to play (some available) not in yet

akabigtruck@gmail.com or text to 254.379.2569

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If anyone would like a piece of the action, we have a few percentages available on the following players:

Efren - 100% in (some available)
Bustamante 100% in (some available)
Justin Hall - 50% in (some available) not in yet
Josh Roberts - 100% in (some available)
Corey Deuel - wants to play (some available) not in yet

akabigtruck@gmail.com or text to 254.379.2569
Bigtruck, are you referring to entry fees, Calcutta, or something else? If entry fees, how much is the entry fee?

Thanks~

Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
I just don't see why players would put up 10K eachwhen the house is putting up NOTHING.

Why not just match up a gamble for the 10K?

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I just don't see why players would put up 10K eachwhen the house is putting up NOTHING.

Bill S.
I don't like to speak against any promoter who is promoting pool events, however, I agree with Stroud in that the venue should put up some money as "added money" at least $3,000. When I held my one pocket tournament in Dallas six or seven years ago at Diamonds (my club) we added $5.000 and had a nice turn out.

I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo

Hope the players play well and enjoy themselves, i'm going to try and make it up there to sweat and maybe do a little "gambling" just a little.:sorry

Dr. Bill

bstroud

Verified Member
Wish I could get away to go.

Right now I have a sick wife and a sick dog. Getting older is no fun.

I long for the days when I hung in the pool room without any cares except winning. Life seemed so simple then.

Bill S.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't like to speak against any promoter who is promoting pool events, however, I agree with Stroud in that the venue should put up some money as "added money" at least $3,000. When I held my one pocket tournament in Dallas six or seven years ago at Diamonds (my club) we added $5.000 and had a nice turn out.

I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo

Hope the players play well and enjoy themselves, i'm going to try and make it up there to sweat and maybe do a little "gambling" just a little.:sorry

Dr. Bill
Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo ... Dr. Bill
Bill, if all the Calcutta pool money went into the prize fund, then nobody would offer a bet, and there would BE no Calcutta!

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!
Steve, it's common for whoever is having the Calcutta to take 10% of the entire money bid for the people holding the Calcutta. I'm suggesting that instead of adding money to the tournament all the money generated through the Calcutta (the 10%)should be added to the prize fund.

Bill Incardona

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
You're right, Steve. Guys down here are wild about Calcuttas. It's not unusual for the Calcutta money to exceed the tournament prize fund.

Years back in New Orleans Wade Crane went in half with me for a 9 ball tournament. He won it, so we split it up, 50-50, minus his half of the bet money. Later I saw him at another tournament and he agreed to go in the same way. But midway through the event he got upset, and hauled ass! So I was stuck with no possible way to win.:rolleyes: Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Steve, it's common for whoever is having the Calcutta to take 10% of the entire money bid for the people holding the Calcutta. I'm suggesting that instead of adding money to the tournament all the money generated through the Calcutta (the 10%)should be added to the prize fund.

Bill Incardona

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill, if all the Calcutta pool money went into the prize fund, then nobody would offer a bet, and there would BE no Calcutta!

~Doc
Art, i'm suggesting that the normal 10% cut the Calcutta promoter gets should be added to the prize fund, not the entire Calcutta pool...

Bill Incardona

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Bigtruck, are you referring to entry fees, Calcutta, or something else? If entry fees, how much is the entry fee?

Thanks~

Doc

Doc,

Those are pieces of entry fees available. The entry fee is $6,000. Some have put up the money to guarantee the player and they will sell part(s). If they sell those parts they will put that right back in on another player.

Ray

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Verified Member

Bill S.

Yeah Bill you see how often that's been happening??? There must be something going on behind the scenes that Bill Stroud isn't privy to, for these to keep happening.

Ray

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Scott is also very good Doc and can play with just about anybody. He is a little under the radar IMO.

I saw him gamble with a very good well known player in a long session at Derby City and he was more than holding his own.

Yeah, Scott plays good, and unfortunately, here's how I first found out...

When I did good in that 2001 Grady's Legends tournament that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago...after I beat Danny Harriman to reach 8th place, all the other guys left in the tournament, except one, were big names like Frost, Parica, Nevel, Cliff, etc. - the one unknown name/player left was Scott Rabon...well I looked at the board and I was psyched when I saw that I got lucky and ducked all the big names - instead Scott was my next match...but I got less psyched as the match went on and I saw that Scott never missed anything :frus...so it turned out that Scott that knocked me out of the tournament 4-2.

- Ghost

PS, And besides being an excellent One Pocket player, Scott's a good guy.

Bigtruck

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

What makes you guys think Smokin Aces isn't putting up plenty? FYI The Calcutta is 100% payout too

The players aren't randomly selecting Poplar Bluff, Mo I assure you.

ANY of you that like to see a lot of top guys get together and battle it out. Get with Mikey Mckuin and get you a piece of player. 573-718-1177

Ray

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
What makes you guys think Smokin Aces isn't putting up plenty? FYI The Calcutta is 100% payout too

The players aren't randomly selecting Poplar Bluff, Mo I assure you.

ANY of you that like to see a lot of top guys get together and battle it out. Get with Mikey Mckuin and get you a piece of player. 573-718-1177

Ray

hey ray...
there are at least two of us (possibly/probably four) from STL area coming down to sweat/support the event on wednesday. i know of two other guys that will be down there tuesday and planning to stay for duration. i've heard the place has two diamonds and brought in two more for the event....is that right? looking forward to it. :)
dustin