500 balls a week

piggybank04

Verified Member
banking 500 balls a week --i break and run 11 racks of 9ball banks plus 1 ball 5 days a week..... sounds easy and sometimes it is but other times it can get real frustrating...... i bank pretty good before i started this, cant wait until im banking double digits consistently---thats going to be SWEEET!!!! hahaha

piggybank04

Verified Member
im not glen from chi town --i adopted the name as my own tribute to him as hes one of my heroes......yea Tom, youre right, my shot is no good, the bank is easy.....let me reconsider......

Last edited:

backplaying

Verified Member
banking 500 balls a week --i break and run 11 racks of 9ball banks plus 1 ball 5 days a week..... sounds easy and sometimes it is but other times it can get real frustrating...... i bank pretty good before i started this, cant wait until im banking double digits consistently---thats going to be SWEEET!!!! hahaha

You run 11 racks of 9 ball banks everyday, plus one ball? Does this mean you run 6 balls after the break at least 11 times a day playing 9 ball banks? Is the 11 racks after you make a ball on the break and playing the cue ball where it lays? How many hours do you usually play a day to accomplish such a feat?

piggybank04

Verified Member
i break the rack and start banking, all 9 balls then i go to the next rack---on the 11th rack, i respot my first bank, then i bank the other 9 and im done for the day.....100 balls 5 days a week.....it takes me about 2 hours to do per 100 balls......if i get real good, i might go 1000 a week, but thats a bit much right now......you know what they say--practice makes perfect haha

Last edited:

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
There was a young lady named Flo
Her boyfriend pulled out to slow
They practiced all night
Till they got it just right
Oh well, practice make pregnate you know

backplaying

Verified Member
i break the rack and start banking, all 9 balls then i go to the next rack---on the 11th rack, i respot my first bank, then i bank the other 9 and im done for the day.....100 balls 5 days a week.....it takes me about 2 hours to do per 100 balls......if i get real good, i might go 1000 a week, but thats a bit much right now......you know what they say--practice makes perfect haha

have you ever run all 9 balls without missing?

piggybank04

Verified Member
i ran 8 yesterday and 11 of 12.... i used to bank alot before, my high run is 13 but i should be able to smoke that in the coming months.......

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Banking

Banking

I've been working on my banking lately. Sometimes I just throw 15 balls out and do a few racks of that. For learning purposes if I miss a shot by a lot (1/4 diamond) then i set it up and try again. I try to get my friends to play me in bank pool but most wont do it. I got a friend that plays pretty stong one pocket to play me in Banks and I beat him 8 to 1 and he up and quit on me. My other practice is playing 8 ball or 9 ball against friends but my handicap is to bank every ball. The last bank pool drill I will do is put all 15 balls lined up from center of the head rail (6 to 9 inches off the rail) and evenly space all the balls down the center of the table (toward the footrail) - Ball in hand each shot but work my way down the line banking every ball - if i miss a shot i put it back up and try again.

I haven't thought of counting the balls like you do (11 racks +1).

Do you take ball in hand after the break? Are you playing in rotation (dumb question bc bank pools not rotational but thought i'd ask)? And are you spotting all balls made on the break?

I hope all my practice on banks helps my One pocket, bonus ball and StrikeOut games.

piggybank04

Verified Member
your practice wil definately help your one pocket--thats for sure..... i respot any balls i made after the break when my inning is over, just like a real game..... i shoot all different kinds of banks, not just the ones sitting easy, so im ready for anything..... its kind of weird, you know, these banks are starting to feel like straight in shots..... i had something funny happen today---ths guy comes up to me and says he wants to play me 8ball on the bar box for 20 a game and he INSISTS we bank the 8..... i declined at first ,but he was persistent so we played.....he must have seen me bank, or word got around or something---i got him for 100 , then he quit me, but everytime i got to the 8 ball, id say "you know what that looks like?" " a bank shot?!?" he said.....i returned,"no, it looks like a big slice of apple pie to me" then i drilled it home and said" mmmmm delicious" after every 8 ball made ---you never seen a guy so happy to give me the cheese hahaha...... got to give them some entertainment, and they'll thank you for beating them--besides, the old boy got quite a show, haha

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
100 balls

100 balls

I bet Skyler Woodward age 20 must bank 200 balls a day, he finished 3rd. at the DCC and 2nd. at Tunica and is a pool monster.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
No doubt the kid can bank Big Jim. My jaw was sagging when he put JB in the buybacks. It was truly a WTF moment.:eek:

Pel

By the way, I bet that 454 Impala really honks

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
500 balls a week

I think in 3 1/2 hours of practice yesterday I banked 200 balls. Then played a few games of one pocket and some of the banks that would usually have me thinking twice were starting to look like ducks.

I'm trying to get my friends and teammates to play One Pocket and Bank Pool. I'm even getting them to play Bonus Ball. I think several months of focusing on these 3 games, combined with LOTS of banking practice - then I could become a monster banker :D

piggybank04

Verified Member
good for you! ive been thinking of 200 a day if i can make the time for it--imagine how good we could get......

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
good for you! ive been thinking of 200 a day if i can make the time for it--imagine how good we could get......

Before all this practice, my banks were so so. I used one of 2 systems, but they only worked for medium speed and no english. I'm practicing how much to adjust for different speeds and amounts of english. The practice is paying off, a lot of them are becoming automatic.

Do you have any pointers for adjusting quickly to different tables?

piggybank04

Verified Member
not really......if u have a tourney or a money game and youre sure the table is very different, then you better get at least a few hrs of practice, and if you still dont feel super confident, then at least make sure your cb speed is spot on so you can play some good defense until the offense comes together......

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Banking

Banking

Yesterday I was playing on a very tight table for about 6 hours. I think the pockets are tighter than 3 7/8'' because it is extended rail. Besides a few games of 9 ball and 10 ball, the rest of the games and practice was banks and one pocket.

Short rack bank pool (9 balls) I kept banking 2, 3 or 4 balls in a row to get out. Then One Pocket I think I only lost 1 game, but most of the games I was winning real big. My opponents would play a safe, I'd line up for a bank and once I hit it they would start walking up to the table - then they'd realize the bank was going to drop so they'd go sit back down.

My early game moving still needs a lot of work. But with my banking already getting stronger, my mid to late game has improved noticeably in the last week.

My focus is going to be 3 or 4 days a week of nothing but banks and one pocket. The funny thing is when switching over to 9 ball and 10 ball - I look at straight in shots and cut shots differently, there is a boost of confidence because of they appear easier than banks lol.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
banking

banking

Before bank tournaments, i try to bank balls for 1 1/2 hours, i begin to bank really well after 2 hours. It seems boring to count balls, so i just listen to the oldies and play.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Banking

Banking

I started my practice yesterday with 15 banks into the side pocket (a few different angles), then 15 banks into the corner pocket (short banks), then 15 crossover banks to the corner (short banks), then practiced my One pocket break for 30 minutes or so (found my bread and butter for the break).

Then throughout the day I played some bank pool and One Pocket with several players and felt like my banks were going all day. I didn't lose a single game of banks or one pocket.

Going to the pool hall now to bank more balls.