5 rack game?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
HI Dave, I've been keeping track on you, my friend. I like what I'm seeing. Your stroke looks uniform, smooth, and accurate and confident. I'm enjoying watching your patterns too. As you already know. the game of One Pocket has two distinctly different parts. The cat and mouse moving where the goal is to beat your opponent to the first good shot, and then follow that up with long runs. Which is more important? Well that's like asking which came first, egg or chicken. Still, the quality of any player's game hinges on their ability to score when the opportunity arises. We don't get credit for the number of times we find a good shot in the course of a game of One Pocket. We only get credit for the number of balls we pocket. Offense will always reign supreme.
You are well on your way to out classing all but the very best. Nice shooting!

Tom
Damn Tom, what a nice thing to say, thanks.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Ty for that last run Dave it was fantastic shooting and I have really appreciated all the your runs and comments. It was really quite rewarding for me to submit videos for this as it was the first time I have really watched myself shoot in any meaningful way. I think I will keep practicing with video and hopefully it will help. I am very glad you posted your first videos and it encouraged me to do the same. I will post one more video of my best run for this week end and would like to thank every one for there input on this thread especially Whitey and Dave, it has made for a very enjoyable diversion from a very stressful time.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Ty for that last run Dave it was fantastic shooting and I have really appreciated all the your runs and comments. It was really quite rewarding for me to submit videos for this as it was the first time I have really watched myself shoot in any meaningful way. I think I will keep practicing with video and hopefully it will help. I am very glad you posted your first videos and it encouraged me to do the same. I will post one more video of my best run for this week end and would like to thank every one for there input on this thread especially Whitey and Dave, it has made for a very enjoyable diversion from a very stressful time.
Thanks, Chris. It was, and still is, a lot of fun. I'm glad we all started doing this, it was a constructive way to get through this crap.

Looking forward to seeing your next vid. You're a very good player and I still believe if you played on my equipment you would have huge scores.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
first video If I beat it I will post another This was a 31 skip the first minute I was setting soothing up and did not edit it out

Nice shooting and way to save that final rack 10. Thanks for posting the vid.

FYI, I played horrible today. My heart wasn't into it I guess. What a difference a day makes.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
You got to love this game. One day you can not help but make any ball and the next day every ball goes 2 inches into the rail. I found listening to music distracted me enough to shoot well today hope it works out tommorow

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
This is why 5 Rack OP is such a great game to add to into your practice, now and again! To avoid this, for it gives a lot of practice going into balls, and when to do so and how! This game develops controlling whitey to precisely go into the stack and contact it exactly where you want to!
Django got trapped but got fortunate! Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This is why 5 Rack OP is such a great game to add to into your practice, now and again! To avoid this, for it gives a lot of practice going into balls, and when to do so and how! This game develops controlling whitey to precisely go into the stack and contact it exactly where you want to!
Django got trapped but got fortunate! Whitey
Look at the shot efren made after busty was done running his balls....
:eek:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
On Facebook someone was live playing the one pocket ghost. They didn't mention 5 rack but that's what they were playing -over/under was 15. One guy did not play well but the other guy is a good player.

Why I bring this up is because they alternated pockets every rack, which was a new concept to me that I found interesting. Thought I would share.

Happy Halloween!!!!! 💀🎃👻

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/698t2RaGvBHnBMZ6A I was goofing around and smashed this break and squatted the rock, and it turned out perfect, so I decided to video tape it. It turned out pretty good, I'd say!
I am using an elevated cue stroking with inside english (rhe) @ the center line. I want to hit the head ball straight on and have the cb bounce back.
This might be a start of a 5 rack video, probably not, for I have not been playing at all, for I have other priorities right now.

You know how bowling pins just go flying with that big curve, well that is the theory, they open up but stay down table w/ bringing the two corner balls back in play.
Good luck trying 'Whitey's Power Bowling Ball Break'!
Whitey

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
https://photos.app.goo.gl/698t2RaGvBHnBMZ6A I was goofing around and smashed this break and squatted the rock, and it turned out perfect, so I decided to video tape it. It turned out pretty good, I'd say!
I am using an elevated cue stroking with inside english (rhe) @ the center line. I want to hit the head ball straight on and have the cb bounce back.
This might be a start of a 5 rack video, probably not, for I have not been playing at all, for I have other priorities right now.

You know how bowling pins just go flying with that big curve, well that is the theory, they open up but stay down table w/ bringing the two corner balls back in play.
Good luck trying 'Whitey's Power Bowling Ball Break'!
Whitey
Good break! If you can control the rock like that pretty good each time, you may have some good runs ahead of you!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I like that the 2 corner balls come back in play instead of staying up table. But how cold is it in you garage??? Wow. 😂
We started getting snow. We are @ 4,000 ft., so I still had my hoody and coat on, and the garage was not fully heated up yet, this early in the morning.

Yes, I like those two balls coming back around. I have not worked on this break, and have only done 3 breaks, so we'll see how consistent I can hit it. I like that the cb pops straight back and squats. I am getting anxious to get back playing this game, and trying out this break.
Whitey

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Sammy Hagar and I will forever be linked...55!

I know I said I was done posting videos, but this had to be shared. I shot a 55 in 5-Rack today. Yes I know, I play on a table that has big pockets and I used every mm of them a few times, but still it was pretty cool (even though there was luck involved) since my goal was to shoot a 45. I still can't believe that an 8 was my low run, that's never happened.

Warning, it's 22 minutes, sorry.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Dave, I haven't viewed it as of yet, I just want to say that I am very excited and happy for you!. I am smiling all over!
Once again, very exciting!
How does this sink in; that is 1 ball per rack avg. less than the record!
This is now the site of all sites, IMO!
Great thread, thanks, Cincy! Whitey

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave, I haven't viewed it as of yet, I just want to say that I am very excited and happy for you!. I am smiling all over!
Once again, very exciting!
How does this sink in; that is 1 ball per rack avg. less than the record!
This is now the site of all sites, IMO!
Great thread, thanks, Cincy! Whitey
Thanks, Whitey. I wouldn't get carried away talking about records, I'm playing on a table with VERY forgiving big pockets and have been playing this since June - the game threw me a bone. Plus I'm not playing for anything so no pressure.

This crazy game has a mind of its own. After a bazillion tries why does the game suddenly decide to not totally screw you on the break and forgives you bad shape? We take what we can and enjoy it it. 😊🤯🕺

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Absolutely awesome Mr. G 55 is a number most any player could be proud of, playing with the no ball in hand rule. I didn't see much luck , just a lot of great shot making, and some fine position play. If the 4 railer goes and you don't scratch on the last combo , you had a realistic shot at the low, to mid 60s. Great playing! As far as the question , why about the game , it's the hard work you put in. I remember doing the Joe Tucker corner pocket drills, in 2014 all winter. I started at about 230 for the entire drill, {a lot of easy shots missed, because of lack of concentration and dedication} and worked and worked on it . I finally broke 150 after a few months and got pretty consistent around that mark , but no better . Then one night I shot a 117 , Joe said he was shooting around that when he was on the pro tour. Then my back started acting up and I had to quit playing, I was 65 and playing the best pool of my life. You move around well , and seem in good shape, I wish you many more years of playing great ! Thanks for sharing the video.

Last edited: