4 inch pockets ouch

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Nine ball and one pocket are like night and day. The spot hardly ever showes up. There is no compaireson. In the two games. I player mite run 8 racks in a row.

In One pocket the hight play a whole session and never run out.And on a real easy pocket table thats fast.

A player like Shane can spot a player like Eferine the 6789 If he gets the breacks because the spot is meaningless.

If a player gives another player the eight and nine and the are both good players. THe spot means nothung. If you play a race too 11 it mite never show up.

Taking odds on the sessuin and getting 3to2 on the money is better then the 8 and 9. Or take a game and a half on a race to 11 playing the player even.

I can tell everyone this if you are going too play some one even on a 4 inch pocket.

Or a 4 and a half inch pocket. Play on the table that you can get a extra ball on. I dont care if its 3 and three quqrer inches or if its 5 inch pocket.

The size off the table can make a difference espcialy if the one player is use too playing on a certain size table.

Because different sizes table you shoot different shots. Especialy in one pocket.

And a bar player will have a way tougher time playing on a 5 by 10 ten. THen the 5 by 10 player will have on a bar table.

Whatever people think thats the way it stays. Nothing changes. And If I coach Shane against Scott. I want a tough table not a easy table.

And you will see how wright I am if the game comes off.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
In my crystal ball I see that before long someone will prepare a table with a 4" pocket on one side and a 5" pocket on the other side, just for proposition games. I see also that some players and gamblers will love it. Negotiation will rise to a whole new level. :eek:

onepocketchump

Verified Member
It's all a trade off.

It's all a trade off.

In life everything is a trade off. Advantages that show up because of one set of conditions are offset equally by adversity in other areas.

I think that the real key is that in any given match up between two players those players have to decide for themselves what conditions they think favors them.

In certain situations the table will absolutely destroy an players confidence. That's a huge advantage if you can exploit it.

I am a weak player. I hate to play on tight tables because I get scared of the pocket sizes. I hate to play on loose tables because I get frustrated if I miss balls when I think I should be stealing AND the better player rains balls on me.

I just hate to play :)

Really it's a trade off and for once I agree with SJD and say that it's mainly all about attitude and adjusting your game. If you can't adjust to conditions then maybe online pool is for you.

I also agree with Billy Stroud though that 4" pockets are a joke and that they change the game too much. Part of playing pool that is fascinating to me is making the cue ball dance to exotic places on the table. Yes I know, good pool dictates as little cue ball movement as possible but when the shot calls for it I like to be able to have a reasonable chance to execute the shot and 4" pockets take most of that away.

I have seen people on tight tables actually duck rather than to shoot a relatively straight shot to the corner because they were afraid of missing and having the object ball double the corner and spit out towards the opponent's pocket. This type of situation makes for some rather boring one pocket in my eyes. I like the moving game and really get into it but when faced with a shot I want to be able to shoot it without being scared or the table.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
vapros said:
In my crystal ball I see that before long someone will prepare a table with a 4" pocket on one side and a 5" pocket on the other side, just for proposition games. I see also that some players and gamblers will love it. Negotiation will rise to a whole new level. :eek:

Actually I have seen people gamble in one hole using the Pocket Reducers for exactly this purpose.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that balls are harder to come by on a tighter table. Each ball is worth more because of that. That means you give up less weight on a tight table than to the same player on a looser table. If you give a guy 10-6 on a table with 4 1/2" pockets and you break even with him, you won't be the favorite on a table with 4" pockets giving him 10-6. It's much harder to get your 10 on a tight table,disproportionately harder than it is for him to get his 6.

Bottom line for me is this: you cannot give the same game on both tables, I would give up less weight to the same player on a 4" pocket table.

If you've ever played one-pocket on a snooker table with a person who knew how to play the game, you would not give him the same weight that you gave him on a pooltable.

Just my opinions from my own experiences.

Dennis

Snooker tables a different game all together even one pockt its not fair to compaire a snooker table to a pool table.

Just because off the size off the pockets.
Its redicoulous. And you cant even shoot a ball down the rail on a snooker table. If its a tight rounded off table.

And I do not agree with a tighter table is better for the player getting the spot. I diagree 100%. Weather some one or no body agrees with me does not matter.

My win percentage specks for itself. And if you can get a bigger spot play on whatever size the pockets are and play were you will get the bigger spot.

THe size off the pockets cant be brocken down to what size is good and what size is not good. You play what is avalable.

And the keep talking how much harder it is for the better player. Because he is giving out a big spot.

Nobody but me said how much harder it will be for the weeker player. Or do you want too make him a better shooter on a tighter pocket table.

A tighter table is tougher for both players. And IT will still be better for the better shooter. Because he has better control.

And a week player will realy be in trouble becayse he cant even shhoot with big pockets. So when you ralk about a tighter pocket table.

You have too be realistic it will be way harder for the weeker player too. So if I play someone that gives me 9 to 7 . On a 4 inch pocket then I can get ten too 7 on a 4 and a hlf inch pocket.

Ill go fot that THat is the best deal i herd yet. So If I play John even on a 4 inch pocket I can get 8to 7 or 9 to 8 on a 4 inch pocket. I will take that all day.

So If dippy can get 18 to 4 on a 4 inch pocket. He can get 19 to 4 on a 4 and a half inch pocket. I think Dippy would like that. So the better player can get a bigger spot on a bigger pocket table.

I dont think that will work. And I dont like no week player getting a better game and bigger pockets. The way I think I helping him.

Dennis the balls on a tighter pocket table are harder too come by for both players. And a 5 inch pocket is easier to make more balls. THats aoutomatick.

Her is the qouistion if two players are playing and the better player is giving the weeker player 15 to 5.

What table is better for the weeker player and what table is better for the better player. And the pockets are 4 inches and 4 and a half inches.

What Billy is saying the 4 and a half inch pockets are better for the better player.

What I am saying is that a 4 inch table is better for the better player.

Those are the two qouistions and those are the two answers. And its ewo people with different opinions.

NO big deal because neather side is going to change thier opinion. And I gave my reasons .

And I herd the other persons reasons. And I dont agree with thier reasoning. And they dont agree with my reasoning.

How do you belive who is weight you will have different opinions.

But a way to help some off you people who find it hard to decide whitch side too take ask some players you respect and see what they say and reasons.

ASk Varner Buddy Hall ASk Cliff ASk Scott Gab Monster John John Schmidt. Chriss Gentele Ike Hopkines Lizard Eferen Parica Alex Anesto. And any good one pocket player. Ronnie Allen SJD Freddy John Henderson.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Snooker tables a different game all together even one pockt its not fair to compaire a snooker table to a pool table.

Just because off the size off the pockets.
Its redicoulous. And you cant even shoot a ball down the rail on a snooker table. If its a tight rounded off table.
Artie,

I said if you played a guy who knew the game on a snooker table then you couldn't spot him the same amount of weight that you gave him on a pooltable. That means that all things being equal you can't give up as much weight on a snooker table, to the same person, as you can on a pooltable.

The reason is that balls are harder to come by and since you need more then it's proportionately harder for you on a snooker table than it is on a pooltable.

My record on a snooker table is this: nobody above ground or below it ever ended up ahead of me (lifetime) playing one-pocket on a snooker table. I think I know the difference between the two games and how to compare them.

Cowboy Dennis said:
If you've ever played one-pocket on a snooker table with a person who knew how to play the game, you would not give him the same weight that you gave him on a pooltable.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Dennis the balls on a tighter pocket table are harder too come by for both players. And a 5 inch pocket is easier to make more balls. THats aoutomatick.

Her is the qouistion if two players are playing and the better player is giving the weeker player 15 to 5.

What table is better for the weeker player and what table is better for the better player. And the pockets are 4 inches and 4 and a half inches.
Artie,

I don't think I've ever said flat out which table's better for either player. I have said that if you give up 16-4 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and break even with the guy after a long match and then you give him the same game on a table with 4" pockets you will lose. I know you disagree with that opinion and that's O.K. with me. I've seen it enough to know that when you can neutralize the better player's weapons then it's to your advantage. The tighter table takes away the better players ability to fire at his pocket the same way he would on a looser table.

The tighter table does not hurt the weaker player as much as it hurts the player giving up weight.

I have compared the two tables at every opportunity and said that the same game is different on both tables, that is all.

I am not saying that a top player should play on any particular table giving up 15-5, I am saying that if he plays on a looser table and breaks even then I believe he will lose at the same game on a tighter table, that is all I'm saying. This assumes that his opponent is smart enough to take advantage of the fact that the better player now can't shoot at his pocket as often as before and adjusts his game plan accordingly. All players aren't that intelligent though.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

I don't think I've ever said flat out which table's better for either player. I have said that if you give up 16-4 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and break even with the guy after a long match and then you give him the same game on a table with 4" pockets you will lose. I know you disagree with that opinion and that's O.K. with me. I've seen it enough to know that when you can neutralize the better player's weapons then it's to your advantage. The tighter table takes away the better players ability to fire at his pocket the same way he would on a looser table.

The tighter table does not hurt the weaker player as much as it hurts the player giving up weight.

I have compared the two tables at every opportunity and said that the same game is different on both tables, that is all.

I am not saying that a top player should play on any particular table giving up 15-5, I am saying that if he plays on a looser table and breaks even then I believe he will lose at the same game on a tighter table, that is all I'm saying. This assumes that his opponent is smart enough to take advantage of the fact that the better player now can't shoot at his pocket as often as before and adjusts his game plan accordingly. All players aren't that intelligent though.

Dennis

RBL,

I totally agree with your evaluation of 1P on a snooker table vs. a pool table. I also agree with Artie, that they are two completely different games.

I'm not sure if I agree with your take on pocket size. In the older days, you were rarely confronted with 4" pockets...but as they became more and more popular, I think a player, (especially one giving up big weight) needed to adjust his game accordingly.

Assuming both players, the 'spottee', and the 'spottor' are of average intelligence, as the pocket size shrinks, their game plan will adjust accordingly.

I know I always leave more "bait" shots on a tight table, then I would on a loose one. Your whole risk/reward attitude, had better adjust to table conditions, or you won't overcome giving up big weight, which I always loved to do, because, as it still is today, that was usually where the big $$$ were...:cool:

=Cowboy Dennis. My record on a snooker table is this: nobody above ground or below it ever ended up ahead of me (lifetime) playing one-pocket on a snooker table. I think I know the difference between the two games and how to compare them.
Oh yeah !...what about a guy whose still above ground, but has one foot on a banana peel ???...:eek:.:D (you are sooooo lucky the snooker table was tied up that day)

Last edited:

RedCard

Verified Member
Pocket Reducers

Pocket Reducers

onepocketchump said:
Actually I have seen people gamble in one hole using the Pocket Reducers for exactly this purpose.

I need to get some of those for my neighbor's wife.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
RedCard said:
I need to get some of those for my neighbor's wife.

RedCard.....I think you might be on to something here - I really think you should develop your idea, make a prototype :eek: could be a mega-huge seller and make you rich - I think maybe you should contact a lubricant company and collaborate with them...:D

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
RedCard.....I think you might be on to something here - I really think you should develop your idea, make a prototype :eek: could be a mega-huge seller and make you rich - I think maybe you should contact a lubricant company and collaborate with them...:D

- Ghost

Ah, Those might be at cross purposes:)
Rod.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

Dennis

I respect your opinion I have nothing too say against what you are saying that is how you feel and see it.

And I would say that most people would also agree with the bigger pockets will be better for the player giving out the big spoys.

NO matter witch way is better whatever is better for you. Is what you should play on.

And the tighter the table the better i LIke it And I have played hindreds off games.

And If I broke even or lost on a 4and a half inch pocket I would go and play next time on a 4 inch pocket. Or go from a 5 inch pocket too a 4 and a half inch pocket.

I have lost on a 5 inch pocket and then play on a tighter table and I won. I have never lost going from a gigger pocket table too a tighter table.

But I have lost going from a tight table to a bigger pocket table.

And I am talking about ne. Maybe its because I play a different style.

Nobody in life have I ever seen them play my style. And I would have seen it wright away. And most off all the players from today and yesterday play about the same way and same style.

We are talking about good players. WE no the tighter the pocket the haeder it is for both players too run balls. Just like a loose table is easier too make balls. That is all understood.

Let me ask you Since you seem too be in a good frame off mind.

This is a important qouistion and the correct answer will also be very important.

Howe much difference do you think it is playing a player 15 to 5 on a 4 inch pocket compaired too a 4 and a half inch pocket?

How much does the 4 inch pocket take away from the player giving the spot.

And if both players would shoot a spoot shot forget about the game and moveung.

IF the great player shoots a spoot shot into a 4 inch pocket what are the percentages off him shooting the spoot shot into a 4 and a half inch pocket?

THis is a important qouistion. SO take your time before answering.

NOw what will the percentages be if the weeker player shoots the spot shot into a 4 inch pocket And the percentages shooting into a 4 and a half inch pocket.

NOw that we will have both Percentages. What is the difference in the percentages. IF my thinking is correct. The weeker players percentage should be way worse then the better shooter.

Where his percentage should be very little. And if both players are shooting at the game bal. THe tighter pocket will be worse for the weeker player.

THen the better player. Because the tight pockets will affect the weeker player more then the better shooter. Because a great shooter will make the shot weather its 4 inches or 4 and a half.

What price would you lay if Eferine or Shane or Alex shoot a spoot shot what price would you make on him shooying the spot shot on a 4 inch pocket compaired too a 4 and a half imch pocket.

But if the weeker player shoots the shoot shoot on a 4 inch pocket compaired too a 4 and a half inch pocket the price would realy be different.

And the way I see it a tight pocket table will be worse for the weeker player then the better player.

And the better player will be affect less on a tight table then the weeker player. And I cant see how you give the edge on a tighter table to the weeker player. To me that is redcoulous.

And the better player will even ajust easier to the tight pocket then the weeker player.

BUt Everyone has thier belives and what they think and how they think. And the key too this whole difference is.

PLAY ON THE POCKET SIZE THATS BEST FOR YOU> EVEN IF YOU THINK WHOEVER IS WRIGHT. YOU NUST DO WHAT WORKS THE BEST FOR YOU. THat is my honest and cencer answer.

And nobody or anybody who mite even think that they can talk me intoo changing . It will never happen if the live too be a million years old. I cannot and will not change from doing something that has always worket for me.

And especialy that something will help the weeker player. I dont no anything that will help the weeker player unless he geys a better spot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Let me ask you Since you seem too be in a good frame off mind.

This is a important qouistion and the correct answer will also be very important.

Howe much difference do you think it is playing a player 15 to 5 on a 4 inch pocket compaired too a 4 and a half inch pocket?

How much does the 4 inch pocket take away from the player giving the spot.
Artie,

I'm not any good at all with percentages so I'll have to pass on the spot-shot questions that you asked, I simply have no idea how to quantify it.

Before I answer the above question from you I'll say this: your lockdown, never give up a shot style of one-pocket probably would hurt a weaker player, especially if you were playing 6 ahead as you liked to do. I would expect him to be even more demoralized after you played him for awhile on a tight table. All I can speak to is what I've seen and done. The few times I have given up spots like 16-6 or 20-8 it was on a looser table. I wouldn't have had a chance on a tighter table with those games, at least in my opinion. My only chance was to run open balls when the weaker player made a mistake.

On to your question. I'm going to change it slightly, let's say how would I compare giving up 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table to a 4" pocket table? That is just about the same thing you asked but in reverse. Here's what I think: if I gave a guy 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and we played for 24 hours and broke even then you have to say it's an even game right? Now if the guy comes in the next night and wants the same game on a table with 4" pockets I would tell him no. He would have to go to 6 on the tighter table. That's the way I feel about it.

I'm a little tired after working the night shift but let me try this out on you: If I give the guy 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and we break even after 24 hours then I'm three times better than he is.

Now we move the game to a 4" pocket table where it's harder for both of us to get our balls. Since I need three times as many balls as he does I still have to be three times better than him on the tight table. But the tight table prevents me from shooting some shots that I would shoot on the looser table. I know it also hinders his game but since I need three times as many balls as him it hurts me proportionately more than him. This is what I believe.

I also think there is a point where certain pocket sizes are better or worse for one player or the other. Here is what Dave Peat said about it:
Viffer said:
id rather play on 5 inch pockets the 4.5 pockets against any of them getting spotted in one pocket.

wanna debate this for 500$

Viffer said:
most if not all the peple i hae played arent going to miss a ball on a 4.5 pocket so a 5 inch can only help me.

4inch vs 5 inch is different, ill play on 4 inch, but 4.5 everyone makes everything.

Dave showed a little too much in these posts:) . I'm glad I'm not trying to match up with him. He made very good points in these two posts.

Anyway Artie, it's fun discussing these things with you and anyone who wants in on it. My mind isn't set in stone and it can be changed but at this late stage in my poolplaying career where I don't play that much I can only go by what I've done and seen, just like you. Probably nobody could change my mind either but mostly because I don't play much anymore and when I do it's not in a gambling poolroom:( .

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

I'm not any good at all with percentages so I'll have to pass on the spot-shot questions that you asked, I simply have no idea how to quantify it.

Before I answer the above question from you I'll say this: your lockdown, never give up a shot style of one-pocket probably would hurt a weaker player, especially if you were playing 6 ahead as you liked to do. I would expect him to be even more demoralized after you played him for awhile on a tight table. All I can speak to is what I've seen and done. The few times I have given up spots like 16-6 or 20-8 it was on a looser table. I wouldn't have had a chance on a tighter table with those games, at least in my opinion. My only chance was to run open balls when the weaker player made a mistake.

On to your question. I'm going to change it slightly, let's say how would I compare giving up 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table to a 4" pocket table? That is just about the same thing you asked but in reverse. Here's what I think: if I gave a guy 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and we played for 24 hours and broke even then you have to say it's an even game right? Now if the guy comes in the next night and wants the same game on a table with 4" pockets I would tell him no. He would have to go to 6 on the tighter table. That's the way I feel about it.

I'm a little tired after working the night shift but let me try this out on you: If I give the guy 15-5 on a 4 1/2" pocket table and we break even after 24 hours then I'm three times better than he is.

Now we move the game to a 4" pocket table where it's harder for both of us to get our balls. Since I need three times as many balls as he does I still have to be three times better than him on the tight table. But the tight table prevents me from shooting some shots that I would shoot on the looser table. I know it also hinders his game but since I need three times as many balls as him it hurts me proportionately more than him. This is what I believe.

I also think there is a point where certain pocket sizes are better or worse for one player or the other. Here is what Dave Peat said about it:

Dave showed a little too much in these posts:) . I'm glad I'm not trying to match up with him. He made very good points in these two posts.

Anyway Artie, it's fun discussing these things with you and anyone who wants in on it. My mind isn't set in stone and it can be changed but at this late stage in my poolplaying career where I don't play that much I can only go by what I've done and seen, just like you. Probably nobody could change my mind either but mostly because I don't play much anymore and when I do it's not in a gambling poolroom:( .

Dennis

I see and her real clear what you are saying. You no that on bigger pockets you will run more balls. And that is true and you feel coftrable doing that because thats what you have done and played and it worked for you.

So why would you want too change. If I had a peace off your bet I wouldnt want you too change because you feel comftrable and you no you will run more balls.

Thier is no dought that thats all true. And if you played and wayched you win 5 out off 7 times. Thats were I would want you to play.

Im not crazy why would I eant you too change if you win playing on a bigger table.

If you played 6 times and spite 3 and 3. THen I would tell you try a tougher pocket table and see what happines.

If you dont like it or it doesnt help you. I would be the first one too tell you to go back too the tighter pockets. But If it works you will also see the difference.

And you night never want too play on a easy table again. BUt most people play on what they are use too.

But to be fair you have had to play on both size pockets. THe same game on both pocketd . And you will no whats best for you.

Bit too be fair you have too play on both size pockets. And the weeker player likes bigger pockets too. And when I think back its always the weeker player who wanted too play on the bigger pockets.

And if you sre the better player. Who do you think will be shooting the most hard shots?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
But to be fair you have had to play on both size pockets. THe same game on both pocketd . And you will no whats best for you.

Bit too be fair you have too play on both size pockets. And the weeker player likes bigger pockets too. And when I think back its always the weeker player who wanted too play on the bigger pockets.

And if you sre the better player. Who do you think will be shooting the most hard shots?
Artie,

Don't get me wrong here. Just because I wouldn't give up the same game to the same player on a tight table as I would on a loose table doesn't mean I don't like tight tables. I do like them.

One of the many things I learned from Cornbread was to try to make the game as difficult as possible for your opponent. Try to neutralize his weapons and use yours against him.

Given good quality tables I would always choose the tightest table to gamble on. But some players know their limitations and would steer clear of them.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

Don't get me wrong here. Just because I wouldn't give up the same game to the same player on a tight table as I would on a loose table doesn't mean I don't like tight tables. I do like them.

One of the many things I learned from Cornbread was to try to make the game as difficult as possible for your opponent. Try to neutralize his weapons and use yours against him.

Given good quality tables I would always choose the tightest table to gamble on. But some players know their limitations and would steer clear of them.

Dennis
Dis you play the same game on a tight pocket table with the same player. And see what the resulte was. And I think its good too ask the week players what they think and what they like to play on. Since they dont get too say much anyway.

Because the better playrs control the show and the comments. But this is a good time too ask. And if the are real good movers the might take the tight pockets. But I have never herd a week player saying he wants too play on a tight table. Getting a big spot.

And he knowes he is getting the big spot and he wants too make it as easy as he can for himselt. Why would he want to make it haeder for himself. Bevause he is getting a big spot.

Shooting at every shot you want the easiest pockets possable. And he is not looking too out move the better player. If a week player does that try too out move the better player. He willonly get in worse trouble.

Because thats no going too happen. And Dippy said it right his moveing is the best part off his game. And he moves good no matter what asnyone says or thinks.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Dudley said:
Billy,

I agree with everything you say here.

To play strong on a 4" table a player has to be ok with a much slower game. In my own experience playing in a game which I have an edge, switching to super tight pockets made it much harder to shoot the correct shot. (partly because of my lack of experience) There are situations where I would comfortably shoot a cut for shape to run a bunch of balls that would really punish me when they hung up in the jaws. It is very hard to adjust the percentages of your shots when you are so accustomed to draining that ball and doing some damage.

A tighter player/mover will not have the same difficulties in adjusting.

Oh Dudly, you've let the cat out of the bag now. Just the breaks isn't going to make it anymore. I saw you were playing above me before, but now you've confirmed it. My damn lying eyes.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Dis you play the same game on a tight pocket table with the same player. And see what the resulte was. And I think its good too ask the week players what they think and what they like to play on. Since they dont get too say much anyway.

Because the better playrs control the show and the comments. But this is a good time too ask. And if the are real good movers the might take the tight pockets. But I have never herd a week player saying he wants too play on a tight table. Getting a big spot.

And he knowes he is getting the big spot and he wants too make it as easy as he can for himselt. Why would he want to make it haeder for himself. Bevause he is getting a big spot.

Shooting at every shot you want the easiest pockets possable. And he is not looking too out move the better player. If a week player does that try too out move the better player. He willonly get in worse trouble.

Because thats no going too happen. And Dippy said it right his moveing is the best part off his game. And he moves good no matter what asnyone says or thinks.

PLay the same game with the same player on a tught table. Play him cheap and see what happins. Thats all I can say the rest is up too you.

You might even start likeing the tighter pocket tables more. And you might end up only playing on tight pocket tables.