2020 US Open One Pocket

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
Has anyone confirmed the dates for this years ( 2020 ) One Pocket and Banks open championship? I thought I had the dates May 24th - June 1st at Griffs but it seems i've been looking at 2019's flyer, any info would be great!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve, maybe you can call Mark and see what dates he has in mind.
Last time I talked to Mark he was on the road, but told me he has sold CSI and the rights to US Open One Pocket -- to Ozzie or somebody like that? I need to follow up with Ozzie

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That's just foolish -- head to head with Buffalo's and Buffalo's will have all the top players. They have turned a once prestigious tournament into a regional minor event.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
That's just foolish -- head to head with Buffalo's and Buffalo's will have all the top players. They have turned a once prestigious tournament into a regional minor event.

it would be nice to see room owners/event organizers form some kind of an association to plan things out in a logical manner - what is good for one is good for all.

---------------

in my line of work....several years ago, i helped form a group that trains project/T&M contractors that employ pipefitters, ironworkers, boilermakers, operating engineers, carpenters, laborers, electricians, insulators, millwrights, etc. to be "tool ready" with requisite safety training that is reciprocal to work at various power plants, steel mills, refineries, chemical plants, etc. throughout southern Illinois without redundant training and resources (up until then, everyone was tripping all over themselves and wasting costs - and the training wasn't good [or at least not as good as it is now...]). we train over 10,000 skilled trades a year - manufacturers/plants, contractors, unions, regulators all working together for a common cause....

the billiard industry needs to do something similar.....heck - i'll even nominate Joe Long to head it up for them..... :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, this is incomprehensible to me. If they knew what dates Buff's event was, but still scheduled the U.S. Open 1P on top of it, there must be some reason. Perhaps they don't WANT the top players there. But whatever the reason, it takes away any importance or significance that the U.S. Open would have otherwise had. Too bad. Top tournament pool can't seem to keep from shooting itself in the foot.

~Doc

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Now it seems that the US Open One Pocket tournament is merely a warm-up for the Members Only Tournament. (Kidding.... kind of) 🥺🤔😲

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Shane doesnt like the smoke in NOLA, so it's my guess he will be your US Open One Pocket champion for yrs to come....

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
I show Buffalo's is the 21st-24th and then the US Open starting the 26th - 31st as Miller stated in this thread, I believe that's exactly how it was last year? Either way I canceled my trip to Vegas as they took entirely to long to announce the details.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I show Buffalo's is the 21st-24th and then the US Open starting the 26th - 31st as Miller stated in this thread, I believe that's exactly how it was last year? Either way I canceled my trip to Vegas as they took entirely to long to announce the details.
Perfect that is much better — I apologize for inaccurately sounding an alarm.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
it would be nice to see room owners/event organizers form some kind of an association to plan things out in a logical manner - what is good for one is good for all.

---------------

in my line of work....several years ago, i helped form a group that trains project/T&M contractors that employ pipefitters, ironworkers, boilermakers, operating engineers, carpenters, laborers, electricians, insulators, millwrights, etc. to be "tool ready" with requisite safety training that is reciprocal to work at various power plants, steel mills, refineries, chemical plants, etc. throughout southern Illinois without redundant training and resources (up until then, everyone was tripping all over themselves and wasting costs - and the training wasn't good [or at least not as good as it is now...]). we train over 10,000 skilled trades a year - manufacturers/plants, contractors, unions, regulators all working together for a common cause....

the billiard industry needs to do something similar.....heck - i'll even nominate Joe Long to head it up for them..... :)

Last year, I interceded with the US Open and they agreed to flip flop their one pocket and straight pool so our players at Buffalo's Pro Classic could fly to Vegas for their one pocket tournament. Buffalo even put the champion, Alex Pagulayan, in the tournament. This year, I asked them to move it to July so the whole one pocket world could rally and support them. I even offered added money if they would establish their own weekend with enough notice that all of us could plan to attend. I haven't heard from Ozzie yet.

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
I was searching for the dates for the US open one pocket today. Only thing that I could fine was the international one pocket in October 2020 at Q Masters Virginia

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I was searching for the dates for the US open one pocket today. Only thing that I could fine was the international one pocket in October 2020 at Q Masters Virginia

here you go paul….

I spoke with Mr. Griffin last week to inquire about the possibility of Griffs hosting the MOT (no dice this year due to a large APA tourney already scheduled) and those are also the dates he also told me.

:)

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
Has anyone confirmed the dates for this years ( 2020 ) One Pocket and Banks open championship? I thought I had the dates May 24th - June 1st at Griffs but it seems i've been looking at 2019's flyer, any info would be great!
I've been watching and haven't seen a date yet.