2020 Rankings

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Ty
I would to see Filler play a player like Shane and also a player like Corey.. That would tell me how well he stacks up against another very straight shooter/ not so much mover like Shane, and would be telling against Corey in a patience / moving style game...
Don’t think he will play any of the top 3 on the list... But I’d buy either of those matches if they ever play...

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Josh Roberts, Jayson Shaw, Jeremy Jones, Justin Bergman and Sky Woodward, most likely make some people’s top 15 list and for sure make my top 20.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
I'm surprised to see Danny Smith coming in 15th only. He used to give up 10-8 9-8 spots to Tony, Gabe, Chris Gentile, Justin Hall and slaughter them. Why is that ? Is he not playing much these days ?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Sounds like Roy's Basement is cooking up the match we have all been waiting on: Lion v. Robocop. They are voting on the format right now. Looks like best 4 out of 7 races, race to 10 is in the lead at the moment. No date or amount has been posted. Still preliminary with Dennis in the P.I. I'll update when more data is firmed up.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Sounds like Roy's Basement is cooking up the match we have all been waiting on: Lion v. Robocop. They are voting on the format right now. Looks like best 4 out of 7 races, race to 10 is in the lead at the moment. No date or amount has been posted. Still preliminary with Dennis in the P.I. I'll update when more data is firmed up.
that should be a great match
hope dennis can play alittle faster

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Maybe many are waiting for that match. But watching Dennis is like watching paint dry. In fact a guy has to bring a battery operated shaver along, because he's gonna need 3-4 shaves before the little feller finishes up...:sleep:
And I'm not sure Alex is all that much faster, though he is generally more entertaining.

This match will require a commentator(s) who can give the knowledge and fill the dead air. Or maybe time lapse photography?

The real answer for the fans is a 1 minute shot clock, with something like 3 extensions.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
And I'm not sure Alex is all that much faster, though he is generally more entertaining.

This match will require a commentator(s) who can give the knowledge and fill the dead air. Or maybe time lapse photography?

The real answer for the fans is a 1 minute shot clock, with something like 3 extensions.
Thats a great idea

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

I'd personally love to see this implemented anytime im playing tourney or gambling as well as spectating any action match like this

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
alex played alot faster against busty than he dos against other it will be interesting to see if dennis is similar against his countryman

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This match will require a commentator(s) who can give the knowledge and fill the dead air.

There's a lot of dead air in a 1 minute shot clock, and a good commentator knows how to handle it. In commentating, as in life, speak only when you have something to say. There are worse things than a little bit of silence.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
There's a lot of dead air in a 1 minute shot clock, and a good commentator knows how to handle it. In commentating, as in life, speak only when you have something to say. There are worse things than a little bit of silence.
I’d like it very much if the commentary was done by professionals...

JJ and Billy come to mind...

All that dead air ( and between these two, without a shot clock, there will be enough to fill the Hindenburg ) would be filled with every conceivable shot option imaginable, plus a few antidotal road stories to help ease the pain when all possible shot options have been reviewed...

Imagine a learning experience magnified by the thinking of not one, but two of the greatest one pocket minds on the planet...It would be epic... a one pocket doctorate degree...

Only way to top it would be a celebrity guest appearance in the booth by the GHOST...
Then everyone would graduate magna cum laude...

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
in terms of commentary for matches where the players are slower it is make or break I would love to hear chris gentile and jj commentate a match. I find they both are great at not only picking the shot but explaining why it is the correct one. Though you also can't beat billy and jj

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
in terms of commentary for matches where the players are slower it is make or break I would love to hear chris gentile and jj commentate a match. I find they both are great at not only picking the shot but explaining why it is the correct one. Though you also can't beat billy and jj

Just wonder why can’t we have all three of them. One can’t have too much of a good thing surely!

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Many of the complaints about Dennis' slow pace of play are no longer relevant. Dennis has learned a LOT about one pocket in the past two years giving up 14-4 to the likes of JRB and 15-4 to Tommy Midena. Most of you have not seen him in these matches and are still complaining about his pace from 2017.

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
Call me crazy but i'm sure a lot of people would pay to see some throwbacks
Richie Richeson Vs James Walden in 1hole
Or
Dave Matlock Vs Keith Mcready in a 9b,banks,1hole all around :unsure: