2020 Members Only Tournament (MoT) - Room Nominations

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Ocala florida is not within 20 minutes of an airport, but I know Don Kreicher would be interested since I talked to him when southhaven cancelled on us. Do we have any florida player that knows him or could be the rep?
I believe his room is called boulevard billiards.
Boulevard Billiards in Ocala has 16 nine footers and a good layout for the tournament. There are some decent locals that would match up with our horses too.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
called Griffs and briefly chatted with Mr. Griffin - he has a big APA tourney scheduled same weekend this year and is out as an option for us

-Miller (never been to Vegas….not sure I could handle it all....but willing to try....)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Boulevard Billiards in Ocala has 16 nine footers and a good layout for the tournament. There are some decent locals that would match up with our horses too.
Let's get a member/rep for the Ocala room. I would gladly go to Florida. Action, food, owner willing ??? Any Florida members have any more info on Boulevard Billiards ?
Could we have a full field ? Ay other Florida locations ? LESS than 5 months to decide

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It sounds like I have Amazin Billiards in Malden MA on board. They are a 1-1/2 hour drive for me :)

Mazin Shooni is a former 3 cushion national champion, so besides the 12 nine foot pool tables (mostly GC -- no Diamonds), he has 4 gorgeous heated billiard tables. Also a beautiful full sized snooker table! We are working out details regarding green fees, added money if any, but I should have a proposal for this weekend. So that gives us another choice in an area we have yet to visit. The room is non smoking, and does not serve alcohol or food (beyond snacks), but food can be ordered in, and in fact there are a couple of sitting areas with tables for eating. He is just not licensed to sell food.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Steve, I would really, really like to play MOT in your neck of the woods. I have never been further NE than Philly(could sneak a visit to Bluegrass,
man what a room), if you don't count flying out of JFK. Lots of history, like Norfolk area, there.

Could we get 32 players there ? But, it is another place to consider. Not much further for everyone than Philadelphia was.

Michaels in Ohio, Boulevard Billiards in Ocala, Q-masters in Norfolk, Lacy's in NOLA, Chris's in Chitown. I wish Texas had a room big enough for us. Denver area ? When you look at tables, food, parking, motel rates, table time and a friendly host - Lacy's has all of those.

Can someone check w/Michaels about hosting ? How about the big room that is pretty new in North Carolina ? Plenty of tables.

I would really like a Florida spot, Nick, Tom, Larry and Peter - plenty of action and a lot of members there.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Michaels has already agreed to host us and add 500. Its also my first choice, I think Michael would be a great host and its a heavy action joint for sure.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Michaels has already agreed to host us and add 500. Its also my first choice, I think Michael would be a great host and its a heavy action joint for sure.

Ive been to Michael’s many times and in action every time. I like the room and owner. However with only 12 tables, we would need all of them for two days. So I don’t for see any action happening for those days. I can only imagine one big cluster F—-.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Steve, I would really, really like to play MOT in your neck of the woods. I have never been further NE than Philly(could sneak a visit to Bluegrass,
man what a room), if you don't count flying out of JFK. Lots of history, like Norfolk area, there.

Could we get 32 players there ? But, it is another place to consider. Not much further for everyone than Philadelphia was.

Michaels in Ohio, Boulevard Billiards in Ocala, Q-masters in Norfolk, Lacy's in NOLA, Chris's in Chitown. I wish Texas had a room big enough for us. Denver area ? When you look at tables, food, parking, motel rates, table time and a friendly host - Lacy's has all of those.

Can someone check w/Michaels about hosting ? How about the big room that is pretty new in North Carolina ? Plenty of tables.

I would really like a Florida spot, Nick, Tom, Larry and Peter - plenty of action and a lot of members there.
Not too many big rooms left in CO these days. Rent is too high.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Not too many big rooms left in CO these days. Rent is too high.
This is true. Felt Bar in Englewood would be the best but they only have 7 9 footers in their tournament area and a few more scattered around a bunch of bar boxes. Match Ups in Fort Collins only has 9 9 footers and a bunch of bar boxes. Sorry, nothing in Colorado that I'm aware of that would work.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was intending to post a poll this weekend, but as I read through, I don't think I have complete information from either CA Billiards or Lacy's -- or the Ocala Florida possibility. From all three of these rooms we need room management commitment to hosting us June 5-6-7, greens fees and or money added questions answered. I will hold off another 24 hours, but if these other options don't firm up proposals then we will be voting between three rooms -- Michael's in Cinci area, Chris's in Chicago and Mazin's in Boston area. Two new room options and one repeat location.