2019 Member Tournament Sign up Thread!!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Well Larry is in town!!!! He has been making himself right at home. Played a regular, had some food. We got to play some today and grab a nice dinner with my better half. Thanks Larry. So nice to finally meet you! Perfect way to start what is going to be an excellent week!!!!!

5 days men!!!!!!!!

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Here we might as well get this out of the way:
1. Base of ball or whole ball in front of line?
2. Rerack on ball made during break?
3. Two balls moved or effect on shot constitutes a foul?
4. Can you foul while spotting a ball? (I believe no because you are acting as ref...this came up in SF)
5. In the final the A-Side winner gets the break
6. Grady or No-Grady?

Did I miss anything....Oh and 5 more sleeps!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
4. Can you foul while spotting a ball? (I believe no because you are acting as ref...this came up in SF)
6. Grady or No-Grady?

Yes you missed something. All of these things were argued into the ground. Who’s Grady, he’s not a member.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
6. Grady or No-Grady?

Yes you missed something. All of these things were argued into the ground. Who’s Grady, he’s not a member.

That's great. What are the answers? And when do we start?

Here's my guess at the answers:

1. Base of ball or whole ball in front of line? WHOLE BALL.
2. Rerack on ball made during break? RERACK, EVEN IF SCRATCH.
3. Two balls moved or effect on shot constitutes a foul? FOUL.
4. Can you foul while spotting a ball? (I believe no because you are acting as ref...this came up in SF). NO.
5. In the final the A-Side winner gets the break. YES.
6. Grady or No-Grady? NO GRADY, UNLESS WE ARE DOING GRADY. I DON'T KNOW.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

4. Can you foul while spotting a ball? (I believe no because you are acting as ref...this came up in SF). NO.

NO RE-RACK
NO GRADY
Don’t start this crap again. It’s been settled.

youngstown

Verified Member

NO RE-RACK

NO GRADY

Don’t start this crap again. It’s been settled.

Why does the fact that you are saying it’s settled makes me think it’s not settled? 🤣

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I agree and believe that all of your answers are what we (Steve) settled on.

Why does the fact that you are saying it’s settled makes me think it’s not settled? 🤣

Smartass lol. Bill is right is was all settled. Lol.

Couple days left!!!!!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
As far as the Philly MOT playing rules, I believe it will be settled upon at the players meeting, at least that is how we did it at last year's MOT.

Last year, the players decided upon playing full ball behind the line w/ BIH w/ a warning given by opponent if cb is not properly placed or the ob is not legally playable, meaning full ob below the line.

Breaker racks, and there was no discussion about scored ball on the break, so play continues. It only came up once in the whole tournament that a ball was made on the break, so not really a big deal.

I believe the final championship match was a single elimination longer race w/ 1st break going to the A side. I believe this was discussed at players meeting and decided upon.

Scrzbil is correct at least in respect to MOT's, for the Grady rule and re-rack were of no importance for they were not even brought up for discussion by the players. The meeting was quick, and lets get it on, was the feeling I got!

Sportsmanship abounds so really not much to be concerned about!
Play to have fun and you can not lose! Good shooting guys! Whitey

Last edited:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada

I’m sure we are all Gentlemen. In fact I know this first hand. Just figured it would be faster to have this in writing and we just read it off and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I might have a driving/roommate player from up here in NH with me. Shayne Cote "Kizzmaster" is a recently joined member and not too likely to post lol. He has a 632 Fargo which is pretty good, but it is mostly based on results before he got into his 40's and his eyesight started to turn. Of course he is too stubborn for glasses -- so far anyway. He has played in about 3 or 4 One Pocket tournaments up around here in New England along with John Smith and I, and has never done that well. He really doesn't play much One Pocket -- well there really are very few players that do play it up here in NH. He was in the recent local One Pocket tournament at Amazin Billiards in Malden MA, that John Smith split 1st in, and I finished 5th. He went 2 and out.

Of course he wants to play in our tournament if he comes along for the ride, lol. And obviously I can "verify" him because I have known him for years, but I realize he doesn't really qualify on the basis of contributing anything to OnePocket.org -- other than him keeping me company on the drive lol. He might come anyway, and I want no part of causing any issues if fellow players don't want him to play in the tournament, so I am just throwing this out there, and providing you with as much info as I can about him.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I might have a driving/roommate player from up here in NH with me. Shayne Cote "Kizzmaster" is a recently joined member and not too likely to post lol. He has a 632 Fargo which is pretty good, but it is mostly based on results before he got into his 40's and his eyesight started to turn. Of course he is too stubborn for glasses -- so far anyway. He has played in about 3 or 4 One Pocket tournaments up around here in New England along with John Smith and I, and has never done that well. He really doesn't play much One Pocket -- well there really are very few players that do play it up here in NH. He was in the recent local One Pocket tournament at Amazin Billiards in Malden MA, that John Smith split 1st in, and I finished 5th. He went 2 and out.

Of course he wants to play in our tournament if he comes along for the ride, lol. And obviously I can "verify" him because I have known him for years, but I realize he doesn't really qualify on the basis of contributing anything to OnePocket.org -- other than him keeping me company on the drive lol. He might come anyway, and I want no part of causing any issues if fellow players don't want him to play in the tournament, so I am just throwing this out there, and providing you with as much info as I can about him.

He has to pay double and buy lunches

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Friggin Newkirk. I make a bad game with him and he quits to me play for more. Hell Bob, make a better game and we can play for my other pocket. What’s in your other pocket. Pool dust? :frus:eek:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada

I'm the only Canadian and coming from the farthest point...therefore my vote is worth double. In a word...IN.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'm the only Canadian and coming from the farthest point...therefore my vote is worth double. In a word...IN.

You may be the only Canadian, but I hold the farthest to travel. I am fours hours WEST of you. It’s a two day trip just to go anywhere.

youngstown

Verified Member

I’m packed. Cues are ready. One thing left to do. SLEEP. Cya you guys soon.