2018 Memphis area onepocket.org Members Tournament

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Which one or two of you guys will be the "tournament director" for this tournament? I recently upgraded to the premium level for challonge.com, the online tournament management site. What it means is we can fairly easily have our own brackets on onepocket.org so that anyone can follow along with the results.

Given that we already know the participants (give or take last minute substitutions), the bracket can be ready to go a bit ahead of time, even if it is not made public until it is finalized. I know how to do that part, and I think cincy is also ready to add the bracket to onepocket.org.

Since I wont' be in Memphis, it might be good to have a volunteer to do the bracket results updates locally, or else you guys will have to text results for me to post them. Obviously you can have a paper or wipe board tournament chart on site as well...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Which one or two of you guys will be the "tournament director" for this tournament? I recently upgraded to the premium level for challonge.com, the online tournament management site. What it means is we can fairly easily have our own brackets on onepocket.org so that anyone can follow along with the results.

Given that we already know the participants (give or take last minute substitutions), the bracket can be ready to go a bit ahead of time, even if it is not made public until it is finalized. I know how to do that part, and I think cincy is also ready to add the bracket to onepocket.org.

Since I wont' be in Memphis, it might be good to have a volunteer to do the bracket results updates locally, or else you guys will have to text results for me to post them. Obviously you can have a paper or wipe board tournament chart on site as well...
We are having auction so we can't do brackets until after the draw. I don't know how doing a private draw early would work.... We can send a photo of the brackets or update ourselves once that is completed on site

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
We are having auction so we can't do brackets until after the draw. I don't know how doing a private draw early would work.... We can send a photo of the brackets or update ourselves once that is completed on site

You have only 16 players right? Then it's simple enough to draw right there. Like you said, if you want an online bracket you can text a pic after the draw. I can set up privileges to report scores with someone on site to keep it updated. That's all IF you want a live online racket.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
You have only 16 players right? Then it's simple enough to draw right there. Like you said, if you want an online bracket you can text a pic after the draw. I can set up privileges to report scores with someone on site to keep it updated. That's all IF you want a live online racket.

I'll have to run that by our volunteer score keeper and see if she feels like messing with doing real time updates. I'm doing the auction and I'll have the draw ready to go ASAP after the auction.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
(i was thinking about maybe posting an updated/typed jpg/picture bracket at the end of the first day, and sunday as necessary.)

john and his wife jeannie will be handling the actual tournament bracket, table assignments, etc. at the room.

we might be able to try it (in supplement to what we have going on in real time)….. i will have a pc there for the stream.

left you a voice mail steve….cincy, number i have for you is bunk....

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
spoke with steve, i'll get an account set up and we'll give it a go.

sounds simple and something we should be able to easily do in concert with our on site bracket.

:)

DISREGARD MESSAGE

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
2018 Memphis area onepocket.org Members Tournament

I volunteer to do it whenever I can.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i think it will be as simple as jeannie clicking on a box and typing in a name same time she updates our bracket....

if it's a feature that 1p.org would like to implement on the site, we'll give it a go....;)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
i think it will be as simple as jeannie clicking on a box and typing in a name same time she updates our bracket....

if it's a feature that 1p.org would like to implement on the site, we'll give it a go....;)

If we could also include the final score of each completed match that would be cool.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just to give you all an idea of how this would work, if we use the challonge.com bracket/chart for live updates... here is an empty bracket for 16 players, double elimination. If the finals are going to be a single race, that can be set up here instead, btw.

https://challonge.com/rbe8kfrf

Once the draw is done (down there on site in Memphis), the names would be entered here, and there you have it, ready to go. I can assign privileges to one or two of our members who are there on site -- all you have to do is sign up on challonge (free) and let me know your User Name, then whoever I designate will be able to "report scores" to keep this chart up to date from right there on site.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
(i was thinking about maybe posting an updated/typed jpg/picture bracket at the end of the first day, and sunday as necessary.)

john and his wife jeannie will be handling the actual tournament bracket, table assignments, etc. at the room.

we might be able to try it (in supplement to what we have going on in real time)….. i will have a pc there for the stream.

left you a voice mail steve….cincy, number i have for you is bunk....

I haven't changed numbers in years! :)

I sent you a text.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Just to give you all an idea of how this would work, if we use the challonge.com bracket/chart for live updates... here is an empty bracket for 16 players, double elimination. If the finals are going to be a single race, that can be set up here instead, btw.

https://challonge.com/rbe8kfrf

Once the draw is done (down there on site in Memphis), the names would be entered here, and there you have it, ready to go. I can assign privileges to one or two of our members who are there on site -- all you have to do is sign up on challonge (free) and let me know your User Name, then whoever I designate will be able to "report scores" to keep this chart up to date from right there on site.

I know Jeanne won't mind & will have her surface with her.

steve,

john and his wife are handling bracket(s). he will be in touch so you can set it up so he and jeanne have privileges to update the on-line bracket.

sounds like a cool feature. thanks!