2013 Tunica BankPool Ring Game

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is a 10 ball Ring Game and they have 6 players in it. It's the 1st game so each ball is worth $50 from every player.

Balls can also be kicked in, three rails or more.

It's Mike Delawder's shot. What would you do?

md2.jpg

md1.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Spin under the nine ball cross corner.
Rod.

That's my shot. If you know how to shoot it, it is a good choice. You must spin under it, like Androd said, to beat the kiss, but you can do it with right and left english. The key is to use extreme left and right english and slide the cue ball forward thru the object ball.

You are trying to get minimum carom for the cue ball, and maximum "go thru."

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He did bank the 9 cross-corner and he used some right on it. After that he did something fantastic. He ran the table, including a 3-rail kick at the 3 ball and a 3-rail kick at the 2 ball with the 6 where it is in the 1st pic here. Yep, an 8 & out in a 10 ball ring Bank game.

md's shot.jpg

Here's how he left it for his continued run:

md's leave1.jpg
md's leave2.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's my shot. If you know how to shoot it, it is a good choice. You must spin under it, like Androd said, to beat the kiss, but you can do it with right and left english. The key is to use extreme left and right english and slide the cue ball forward thru the object ball.

You are trying to get minimum carom for the cue ball, and maximum "go thru."

Beard
I never would have imagined that the 9 could be made with left english, going through the ball. I'll have to try that one. Does the CB bank in front of the OB, or does it just die coming off the rail?

I always shoot that shot with right spin in order to bank the CB long beyond the kiss.

~Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I never would have imagined that the 9 could be made with left english, going through the ball. I'll have to try that one. Does the CB bank in front of the OB, or does it just die coming off the rail?

I always shoot that shot with right spin in order to bank the CB long beyond the kiss.

~Doc

Its a combination of sliding thru the object ball and also dying off of the rail. You choose the english according to where you want the cue ball. In this case he used rt hand english in order to come up the table for position. (he probably didnt know how to use left english anyway).:sorry

Beard

I first learned this shot from Bugs who put in on Buddy Hall in a very extreme situation -- and then banked out of course. Bugs made it on a much worse angle and his shot was a straight back. It was in Johnston City, Bugs was giving Buddy 10 to 8. Buddy thought he had Bugs safe and jumped off of the bleacher seats when Bugs called the ball straight back, and the cue ball ducked into the long rail, the object ball passed it by, and Bugs was left with a fence of cross sides which he then picked off.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for the tip, Fred. I don't know how you remember all these little isolated shots in matches from 40 years ago! Must be an adjunct to that deviousness of yours.;)

Doc

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
impressive run out

impressive run out

the 8 ball across the side looked like a possible scratch, he jacked up and cued it high and fired it in, loved the kick ins as well, evidently he knows the diamond tables really well to be able to make these kick ins on new cloth. One helluva player. I guess he won the ring game?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
the 8 ball across the side looked like a possible scratch, he jacked up and cued it high and fired it in, loved the kick ins as well, evidently he knows the diamond tables really well to be able to make these kick ins on new cloth. One helluva player. I guess he won the ring game?

Nope, he didn't win it but he was one of the final three players in it. He needed to run that 8 & out in a later game that was worth more than $50 per ball. He'll know better next time.:)

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
This is a 10 ball Ring Game and they have 6 players in it. It's the 1st game so each ball is worth $50 from every player.

Balls can also be kicked in, three rails or more.

It's Mike Delawder's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 9145

View attachment 9146

one bank the eight with extreme low right or two rail the 7 hitting the second bank just above the three ball using low left hand english.