2013 DCC BENNY CONWAY JR v SHANE VAN BOENING

beatle

Verified Member
kick the orange ball back to your pocket and the ball on the rail will protect you from scratching. and you can get behind the ball on the long rail or the 14 ball and maybe snooker him.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
kick the orange ball back to your pocket and the ball on the rail will protect you from scratching. and you can get behind the ball on the long rail or the 14 ball and maybe snooker him.

That's what looks good to me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like banking the 3 straight back, as long as the scratch cross-corner isn't on. I don't like the kick on the 4 ball, because unless it hangs in the hole it leaves a potential bank on the 10 or the 3 (and Benny will shoot at anything;)). If right english is necessary for the kick then there's a risk of leaving a shot straight in on the 10.

The cautious play would be to come thin off the 4, and bring whitey back down table. But I doubt that Shane would take that option...:cool:

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Not to be critical, but you guys should think about putting up some shots where the guy just totally bunts a nit safety now and again to keep us on our toes. :) I am always looking for some circus shot in these threads :heh

I would just bump that 4 half ball, careful to not pocket the combo and pull over toward the the goose's side rail. If I really felt like shooting though, the way it looks I would bank the 10 and billiard the 9.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Im banking the 3 ball.. not so much to make it but instead to have a better hot the next time im at the table after Benny moves the 3 ball. So im purposely over cutting the bank a little so it sits at about the first diamond on the end rail by my pocket. Im going to make sure it dont sit by the side rail. Not every shot or inning can be an attempt at pocketing a ball, sometimes you have to shoot a shot that will give you a better attempt your next time at the table

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Shane attempted to bank the 10 (or is it the 12?) and scratched.

2.jpg

With one to spot up, leaving Benny ball in hand from here.

3.jpg

Benny drilled the spot shot but then hit the 10 too hard and SVB eventually got out.