2012 OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship Fund

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be our official OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund thread, containing the public accounting of what we have for funds available for sponsorship support for 2012, as well as our basic guidelines for how the program will work and who we are sponsoring. I will put the accounting right here in this opening post, and continue to come back here to edit this post as the numbers go up because of contributions, and draw down when we support a player.

The donation page here on OnePocket.org is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

You can contribute via Paypal, credit/debit card or you can mail a check.

I will cover the Paypal fees on this end (I do not believe there are any fees on the contributor end), so what you contribute will show up here in full.

Because Paypal/credit card and check payments are shown in your real name, please be sure to indicate either your screen name or "anonymous" if you do not want me to list your real name here in the accounting.

In May of 2011 OnePocket.org sponsored John Brumback in the US Open One Pocket, where he finished tied for 17th.

First up in 2012 we will sponsor a player (or players) at the Derby City Classic in January in Banks and One Pocket. Later in 2012 we will again be sponsoring a player to the 2012 US Open One Pocket, since we already have a commitment from Mark Griffin for an entry spot in that tournament.

Funds received to date:
Remainder from 2011: 816.20
Entry fee for Banks from Greg Sullivan: 110.00
Entry fee for One Pocket from Greg Sullivan: 135.00
Anonymous: 200.00
Bankshotbob: 50.00
DWS: 100
lll: 92.50
CowboyDennis: 92.50
Deeman: 100

Your name & amount (or screen name or "anonymous") goes here when you contribute

Total: 1696.20

Last edited:

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Big thank you to an anonymous donor for $200 added to our sponsorship fund!

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
OnePocket.org's Derby City 2012 player sponsorship

OnePocket.org's Derby City 2012 player sponsorship

Thank you Deeman, Cowboy Dennis and lll for recent donations to this year's OnePocket.org Derby City Classic sponsorship. Because we have both One Pocket & Banks entries, we will be dividing sponsorship funds at this year's Derby City Classic as follows:

Entry fees for 'The Ghost' in One Pocket (including original and buy-back) = 210

Entry fees for Freddy the Beard & Steve Booth co-sponsored in Banks (original and buy-back for one player; Fred & Steve split this) = 160

This leaves 1326.20 towards hotel/travel split between the One Pocket and Banks (may change if there are additional contributions). One half (the One Pocket half) of this will go toward 'The Ghost's hotel & travel (at least 663.10). The other half (the Banks half, also 663.10) will make up the balance of the split Banks entry (160) for Fred & Steve, and Fred & Steve will then spit the Banks remainder toward their room and travel costs (at least 251.55 each after covering both player's entry and buy-back fees).

Thank you all for contributing, and best of luck in the tournament!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wow, that's great!

Wow, that's great!

I didnt know there would be a little help with travel and the room!
This is the first "jelly" I have had in awhile. Much thanks to all and I will try and shoot my best.

Beard

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I didnt know there would be a little help with travel and the room!
This is the first "jelly" I have had in awhile. Much thanks to all and I will try and shoot my best.

Beard

As long as you can dodge Stroud in the draw I know you'll make the money.

I'll sweat one of your matches but don't get mad when I fall asleep. :eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Free Ice Cream

Free Ice Cream

I'll give the Ghost and Steve a free Sundae at the Ice Cream Shoppe. :):) I don't know who Beard is.:cool::eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You wouldnt be the first...

You wouldnt be the first...

As long as you can dodge Stroud in the draw I know you'll make the money.

I'll sweat one of your matches but don't get mad when I fall asleep. :eek:

I you enjoy watching an opponent suffering you might be able to stay awake. I never could stay awake when I bet on Artie. Boring wouldnt begin to describe it.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Thank you Deeman, Cowboy Dennis and lll for recent donations to this year's OnePocket.org Derby City Classic sponsorship. Because we have both One Pocket & Banks entries, we will be dividing sponsorship funds at this year's Derby City Classic as follows:

Entry fees for 'The Ghost' in One Pocket (including original and buy-back) = 210

Entry fees for Freddy the Beard & Steve Booth co-sponsored in Banks (original and buy-back for one player; Fred & Steve split this) = 160

This leaves 1326.20 towards hotel/travel split between the One Pocket and Banks (may change if there are additional contributions). One half (the One Pocket half) of this will go toward 'The Ghost's hotel & travel (at least 663.10). The other half (the Banks half, also 663.10) will make up the balance of the split Banks entry (160) for Fred & Steve, and Fred & Steve will then spit the Banks remainder toward their room and travel costs (at least 251.55 each after covering both player's entry and buy-back fees).

Thank you all for contributing, and best of luck in the tournament!

My sincere thanks to everybody, also...the Ghost had a tough year and accumulated a lot of hospital/doctor bills :eek: and this helps...and also, thanks to this sponsorship...

...now I might not have to be firing that air barrel at Billy & Freddy like I thought I was going to have to...:eek:...:lol

- Ghost

PS, Buyback?...the Ghost don't need no stinkin' buyback :eek: cuz he'll be going undefeated all the way to the final...:heh

treeMan

Verified Member
This leaves 1326.20 towards hotel/travel split between the One Pocket and Banks (may change if there are additional contributions).

I just have one question, where did the 20 cents come from? :):confused::)

Is that the duck's contribution, after finding out two Chicagoan's are selected?:D

Just kidding, best of luck to all three deserving players in the tourney and the side (center?) games.

(I'm guessing the funds are in a money market account and have earned a whopping $1.20 in interest :) )

tree

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I just have one question, where did the 20 cents come from? :):confused::)

Is that the duck's contribution, after finding out two Chicagoan's are selected?:D

Just kidding, best of luck to all three deserving players in the tourney and the side (center?) games.

(I'm guessing the funds are in a money market account and have earned a whopping $1.20 in interest :) )

tree

I found that zinger to The Duck funny as hell, but you are right. I just got a statement from the bank and the interest was .65. Next time I look for the crooked bastards to start billing me for holding my money or better still, one day I will show up at the bank and they tell me like what they told Johnny Depp in that flick about smuggling. "Your funds have been appropriated by the government. YIKES

Well The Smugglers Sing Those Buffet Songs, While Snitching On The Sly
Bringing Heat Where It's Already Too Damn Hot To Die.
Son Of A Son Of A Son Of A censored xxx censored xxx xxx

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I just have one question, where did the 20 cents come from?

tree

Hey tree....what took you so long? - to finally join the onepocket.org comedy club...:D...and just let me say that starting out by mocking the 'quacker', was an excellent choice...:heh

- Gh:cool:st <--------- Part-time One Pocket player, full-time comedian...:heh

Last edited:

Deeman

Verified Member
Scrzbill; [B said:
- Ghost[/B]

PS, Buyback?...the Ghost don't need no stinkin' buyback :eek: cuz he'll be going undefeated all the way to the final...:heh

Ghost,

I gotta love your spirit and confidence. Save a seat for me.

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It came from the Duck and 9 guys in the "Calling a foul" thread, they put up 2 cents apiece as that's all their opinions were worth.

Dennis

Dear 'Likes to Flush Money Down the Toilet'...Toilet Breath,

Correction...Only 18 cents left, I took my .02 back...Also, (after a brief scuffle with the mailman) I was able to retrieve my check for $92.50, which I had left in the mailbox...:frus

I understood my donation was going to someone/anyone, who actually had a REMOTE chance of cashing...:(...NOT of a couple of escapee's from a mental ward, for delusional pool players !...I AM on a fixed income ya know..:rolleyes:

Last edited: