1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The shirts are great looking.--Smitty

A hardy Welcome Aboard Smitty, we are very glad you are going to be part of the 1st Super Senior Tournament in Houston, Texas. It is all our hopes that this will become an annual event, something for us old codgers to look forward to each and every October for years to come.

I'm predicting there will be lots of side action during these 3 days, some gamblers are headed this way and I'm told they want to bet it up.

JR Hendy is itching to test the gambling waters, he's coming in two days early.
Rodney ( Androd ) has a bit of a stamina problem some days, but he's wanting to mix it up with some of the guys also. I know Billy I. won't dog it when it comes to gambling and I'm pretty sure there will be hoards of local talent trying to get in on some of this easy old timer money!!

So, c'mon down Smitty, join the group, it should be fun.

Jeff

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Countdown

Countdown

Tomorrow the countdown will be in single digits, can't believe it! 9 days left until kickoff.

If you're on the fence about playing, your time is getting short, best send in that entry money and get a spot in the 1st Annual Super Senior Classic. It ain't gonna roll around for another year, and it won't ever be the 1st again!

If you're not old enough to play in it, come anyway, see some good matches and sweat the side games, the welcome mat is out for all.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
A hardy Welcome Aboard Smitty, we are very glad you are going to be part of the 1st Super Senior Tournament in Houston, Texas. It is all our hopes that this will become an annual event, something for us old codgers to look forward to each and every October for years to come.

I'm predicting there will be lots of side action during these 3 days, some gamblers are headed this way and I'm told they want to bet it up.

JR Hendy is itching to test the gambling waters, he's coming in two days early.
Rodney ( Androd ) has a bit of a stamina problem some days, but he's wanting to mix it up with some of the guys also. I know Billy I. won't dog it when it comes to gambling and I'm pretty sure there will be hoards of local talent trying to get in on some of this easy old timer money!!

If there is anyone showing up that barely plays then Ill cover that action.
A has been who never was.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If there is anyone showing up that barely plays then Ill cover that action.
A has been who never was.

Woo hoo.

I finally got a stakehorse to cover my action. :D

Thanks Bill, I won't let you........................................................................... quit. :p

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Players meeting decisions

Players meeting decisions

John Rizzo and I were talking over some things today that needed to be voted on at the players meeting Friday the 23rd around noon at Bogies in Houston. One of the things we talked about was whether to have a race to 3 or 4? I thought 3 would be sufficient, but John said we have players coming in from all over the country and might go 0/3 then 0/3 and out in their first two matches and he thought a race to 4 would be a better way to go to honor the distance travelers. Just wanted to give a heads up on this because the race # will ultimately be decided by a show of hands at the players meeting.

There are numerous other rules and topics that we will be voting on at the players meeting, but none that require advanced notice, just mostly standard stuff, like preference ie; base of the ball, or touching the line. 3 foul rule, ball on the break, and a few others.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John Rizzo and I were talking over some things today that needed to be voted on at the players meeting Friday the 23rd around noon at Bogies in Houston. One of the things we talked about was whether to have a race to 3 or 4? I thought 3 would be sufficient, but John said we have players coming in from all over the country and might go 0/3 then 0/3 and out in their first two matches and he thought a race to 4 would be a better way to go to honor the distance travelers. Just wanted to give a heads up on this because the race # will ultimately be decided by a show of hands at the players meeting.

There are numerous other rules and topics that we will be voting on at the players meeting, but none that require advanced notice, just mostly standard stuff, like preference ie; base of the ball, or touching the line. 3 foul rule, ball on the break, and a few others.

We could go four on the winners side and three on the one loss. Pretty common out here in tournaments to have a lower race on the one loss side. Just something to think about.

What cue balls do they use there, measles or red circle?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
We could go four on the winners side and three on the one loss. Pretty common out here in tournaments to have a lower race on the one loss side. Just something to think about.

I have one opinion and two words to describe the races, SHOT CLOCK>:eek:
Shot Clock Not provided by streaming organization nor will any disputes be decided by said organization.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

I like that John, sounds good to me.
Measles CB

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Hey Jeff....if you have any say-so as to which matches go on the streaming table...no offense to your local Texas players...but as for myself, and I have a hunch also for all the guys here on onepocket.org...I'd like to see our onepocket.org bros (Billy, Jeff, the two John's, Frank, G-doc, etc.) get the lions share of the streaming table...:heh...oh yeah, and also Buddy...:)

- Ghosty

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hey Jeff....if you have any say-so as to which matches go on the streaming table...no offense to your local Texas players...but as for myself, and I have a hunch also for all the guys here on onepocket.org...I'd like to see our onepocket.org bros (Billy, Jeff, the two John's, Frank, G-doc, etc.) get the lions share of the streaming table...:heh...oh yeah, and also Buddy...:)

- Ghosty

Im afraid I'm without the clout, but I'll see what I can do, we ( Bogies that is ) are hiring a tournament director to run the show. I just want to have a few brews, gamble a bit with the fellas, and enjoy playing in the tournament. I'll leave the scheduling of the stream table up to the honchos, who are John Rizzo and the tournament director, whoever that winds up being.

I'm pretty sure they will put together some interesting matches for the live stream, only makes good sense to do so, as it's a promo for the game of one pocket and also for the abilities and skills of some elderly statesmen.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

- Ghosty

I would love to see Rodney mix it up! (If that's ok Rod).

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I would love to see Rodney mix it up! (If that's ok Rod).

Nope,

I talked with him yesterday at Bogies, he's been coming in for about a week now, getting used to the equipment. We had high hopes his practicing was for playing the tournament, but not happening.

I believe it's a stamina issue with Rod, he used to be a marathoner, now he plays until he gets tired and that's usually in the 3/4 hour range, but sometimes shorter. I believe it's the sometimes shorter that prevents him from entering the tournament.

Rod is looking forward to this event, as we all are, he's going to mix it up with some of you guys. Hopefully the stream will be left on and they will match up and play on that table.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Nope,

I talked with him yesterday at Bogies, he's been coming in for about a week now, getting used to the equipment. We had high hopes his practicing was for playing the tournament, but not happening.

I believe it's a stamina issue with Rod, he used to be a marathoner, now he plays until he gets tired and that's usually in the 3/4 hour range, but sometimes shorter. I believe it's the sometimes shorter that prevents him from entering the tournament.

Rod is looking forward to this event, as we all are, he's going to mix it up with some of you guys. Hopefully the Exocet stream will be left on and they will match up and play on that table.

Bummer. I do hope that last part happens but have a feeling Rod is more comfortable staying under cover 😊.