1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

unoperro

Verified Member
Bill I., if you haven't already done so, how about giving Buddy Hall a call to ask if he'd like to play. Nick V. is not old enough to play. What about Dick Lane? He used to play most of the senior events.

Now that I realize I have no chance of cashing, due to the probable entry of some of the better players-- bring 'em ALL on...:D

~Doc

Dont think Dick Lane has played in years. Last I heard he had got involved in a religous cult.
Vanover , Potter,Newkirk,Kinister, are around BigD

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Dont think Dick Lane has played in years. Last I heard he had got involved in a religous cult.
Vanover , Potter,Newkirk,Kinister, are around BigD
Vanover was a fearsome 9-ball player. If he plays one-pocket he'd be a real asset to the 4S event.

Haven't heard anything re Bert Kinister in years. He had some great tapes, and was a good player. It would be fun to see him.

~Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Lets get more great players from yesteryear, get more sponsors and make this a Tournament for the old timers. Will be a lot of fun.

firemankc

Verified Member
one pocket ss open

one pocket ss open

How many signed up, sent mine in and made reservations.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Forgot to mention, field limited to the first 16 players to post entry

So far:
Members signed up

Wincardona
Jeff Sparks
jrhendy
GulfportDoc
LSJohn
Frank Almanza
Maurice LeBlanc ( new member )
FastEddieF
Firemankc ( new member )

And;
John Rizzo ( Manager Bogies )
James Christopher ( local player )
Bob McFarrin ( owner Big Tyme Billiards )
Bob Ogburn ( AKA Black Bart )

That's 13 Need 3 more to play the event, but we could end up with as many as 24, and several alternates.

Looking forward to meeting each and everyone,

Jeff

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Forgot to mention, field limited to the first 16 players to post entry

So far:
Members signed up

Wincardona
Jeff Sparks
jrhendy
GulfportDoc
LSJohn
Frank Almanza
Maurice LeBlanc ( new member )
FastEddieF
Firemankc ( new member )

And;
John Rizzo ( Manager Bogies )
James Christopher ( local player )
Bob McFarrin ( owner Big Tyme Billiards )
Bob Ogburn ( AKA Black Bart )

That's 13 Need 3 more to play the event, but we could end up with as many as 24, and several alternates.

Looking forward to meeting each and everyone,

Jeff

Where is the Ghost?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
He is not yet 70. Quite a few more of us are lurking in their 60's :D:D

Well with the average life expectancy increasing into the 70's now, the future of this 4S event looks promising. I wouldn't mind playing every year for as long as I'm around, and if the inaugural event this year is as successful as it appears it will be, then going forward with the 2nd Annual 4S Open should be no problem.

I'm hoping for and expecting a great turnout for the first event and with the help of the owners of Bogies and Big Tyme Billiards on board, and the increased advertising they have promised, plus the added $$$, this event looks to be well on its way. The Calcutta will be held just prior to opening ceremonies and should draw some interesting $$$, so come early and stay late.

Someone has mentioned streaming part of this event, perhaps the semis and the final? That would be great for future events, especially if we can knock Dr. Bill out early so he can join DD or Varner in the booth!!!

13 and counting. 3 Mas and it's on!

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well with the average life expectancy increasing into the 70's now, the future of this 4S event looks promising. I wouldn't mind playing every year for as long as I'm around, and if the inaugural event this year is as successful as it appears it will be, then going forward with the 2nd Annual 4S Open should be no problem.

I'm hoping for and expecting a great turnout for the first event and with the help of the owners of Bogies and Big Tyme Billiards on board, and the increased advertising they have promised, plus the added $$$, this event looks to be well on its way. The Calcutta will be held just prior to opening ceremonies and should draw some interesting $$$, so come early and stay late.

Someone has mentioned streaming part of this event, perhaps the semis and the final? That would be great for future events, especially if we can knock Dr. Bill out early so he can join DD or Varner in the booth!!!

13 and counting. 3 Mas and it's on!

I may be crazy, but my prediction is that Bogies will have to move in more tables for next year's 2nd Annual 4S to make room for 32-48.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
"They"?

If your name doesn't show up on the list soon I'm gonna go buy an iguana. :eek:

"They" The same people who tell you if it's going to rain. :)

I have no interest in playing a tourney. My style of play isn't suitable and my stamina is suspect.

I'll be around for as long as I can stand it. I lasted 1&1/2 hours in Galveston.
Watching Slyver and Cory was torture (10 mins) :frus Watching Henderson and Artie was slow and painful. (2 games)
It was nice seeing people I hadn't seen for a while, Charlie Brown, Jack Taylor, luckily Ronnie Allen didn't recognize me.(saved that money)
Rod.
P.S. I told Jeff and John Rizzo I'd play if the field was short.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
"They" The same people who tell you if it's going to rain. :)

I have no interest in playing a tourney. My style of play isn't suitable and my stamina is suspect.

I'll be around for as long as I can stand it. I lasted 1&1/2 hours in Galveston.
Watching Slyver and Cory was torture (10 mins) :frus Watching Henderson and Artie was slow and painful. (2 games)
It was nice seeing people I hadn't seen for a while, Charlie Brown, Jack Taylor, luckily Ronnie Allen didn't recognize me.(saved that money)
Rod.
P.S. I told Jeff and John Rizzo I'd play if the field was short.

Yeah, I know. Endurance is an issue for lots of us. My legs sometimes feel like I'm draggin' aroud a couple of telephone poles, but I'm good for a few hous a day.

I got on the losers' side early a few months ago and had to play three more matches that day. By the end of the third I wanted to get to my room as bad as I wanted to win.

(But Hacker still hasn't taken up my pole vault challenge... I'll take a chance on that one.) :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie

Artie

Anybody contact Artie? He would be a welcome addition to this event.

I know he is close with Billy I and others on here. It would be a blast to have him there.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Anybody contact Artie? He would be a welcome addition to this event.

I know he is close with Billy I and others on here. It would be a blast to have him there.

I've heard much good about this man, I've never met him, but i would certainly like to someday. Seems like this tournament would be a good fit for him, I hope someone invites him and he decides to come.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I've heard much good about this man, I've never met him, but i would certainly like to someday. Seems like this tournament would be a good fit for him, I hope someone invites him and he decides to come.

Not sure but I think this would be the first tournament he ever played. Tournaments are a totally different pressure than gambling. Usually larger audiences of sweaters and a finite number of games. In gambling matches you can presumably play another barrel if you have it. Not so in tournament play. I wonder if Arty could do this well without prior experience.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Not sure but I think this would be the first tournament he ever played. Tournaments are a totally different pressure than gambling. Usually larger audiences of sweaters and a finite number of games. In gambling matches you can presumably play another barrel if you have it. Not so in tournament play. I wonder if Arty could do this well without prior experience.

Even if someone did not play in the tournament, it will be a great time. I plan on playing, but will also be looking for a little action too.

Too early for the serious barking, but I am going to fire a few barrels at as many old timers as I can.:D