1906 Alexandria for sale!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Brunswick-1906-9-Alexandria-Pool-Table-1-1-2-slate-Circassion-Walnut/273869379399?hash=item3fc3e31747:g:VpMAAOSwfDpc8BZa

Since there was quite a to do about Alexandria Brunswick Pool Tables, and rightfully so for they are drop dead gorgous, I thought it would be prudent to make it aware that this table is for sale. It is in the Sacramento area, of which we probably have members that can go check it out. I believe it states OBO. Whitey

Note: I made a correction; I had it listed in the wrong city, but corrected it as being in the Sacramento, Ca. vicinity, and added some more editing info.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Brunswick-1906-9-Alexandria-Pool-Table-1-1-2-slate-Circassion-Walnut/273869379399?hash=item3fc3e31747:g:VpMAAOSwfDpc8BZa

Since there was quite a to do about Alexandria Brunswick Pool Tables, and rightfully so for they are drop dead gorgous, I thought it would be prudent to made it aware that this table is for sale. It is in the San Bernardino County, CA. of which we probably have members that can go check it out. I believe it states OBO. Whitey

That table has been listed for a while. It’s a drop dead beautiful table if it’s truly in the condition it looks in the pic.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
In viewing the pictures I can see some patina. My table has a ton of this, cigarette burns on the rails, and legs scuffed up.

The Slate is stated as being 1-1/2" thick, of which is a special order from the factory. to enable viewing the slate it is probably constructed as my Brunswick is, in that there is a wooden border of 4-6" wide on each piece of slate, therefore one can simply view the slate 80 - 90% from underneath.

I had my table professionally moved and the idiots dropped a piece of slate on a corner and it splintered up, this of course can not be detected from underneath, but one could get a pretty good idea when playing on it.

I corrected the location of the table, and it is in the Sacramento, Ca. vicinity. Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Pilot, it does have a strikingly ruggedness, solidness, bold appearance about it, that is truly enhanced with 6 leg styling. Combining this with an absolute stunning beautiful veneer, it really is bold/elegance personified!
Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I like that this seller seems to be in touch with todays pool table preferences for quality play. It is stated that the table is fitted with Artemis cushions, plus pockets are reduced 1/2". The pocket points appear nicely done and are sharp, very important IMO for executing some of the OP banks coming off of the point. In playing in the Cal. Billiards MOT those gold crowns I believe had Artemis cushions, and I like how they played.
I believe one can get on special order a new Pro Diamond 9' set up with Artemis cushions $10,000 plus. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I like that this seller seems to be in touch with todays pool table preferences for quality play. It is stated that the table is fitted with Artemis cushions, plus pockets are reduced 1/2". The pocket points appear nicely done and are sharp, very important IMO for executing some of the OP banks coming off of the point. In playing in the Cal. Billiards MOT those gold crowns I believe had Artemis cushions, and I like how they played.
I believe one can get on special order a new Pro Diamond 9' set up with Artemis cushions $10,000 plus. Whitey

9’ Diamonds come with Artemis cushions. There’s an option for tight pockets. I think the going price is $7,000

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'll double check that and get a verification, for I am then way off in my thinking! thanks!

There are three used ones for sale in Huntsville for $5000 each. Not sure if that includes the light.
Looks like Good Timez removed 5 or 6 tables. I was there Monday and they only had two or three 9’ tables left. I went to Bumpers and practiced for a while

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Pilot, I went onto Diamond's web site, and only the home use Paragon table offers Artemis cushions. It only states K55 cushions are used on their commercial tables from their 7' Smart Table on up through their Professional Model and their Pro Am model. I believe to get one of these models with Artemis cushions it then has to be a special order. I will try to confirm, for in picking up one of these tables it is sure good to know what cushions are on it.

I know from another thread you were considering getting a Diamond. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Pilot, I went onto Diamond's web site, and only the home use Paragon table offers Artemis cushions. It only states K55 cushions are used on their commercial tables from their 7' Smart Table on up through their Professional Model and their Pro Am model. I believe to get one of these models with Artemis cushions it then has to be a special order. I will try to confirm, for in picking up one of these tables it is sure good to know what cushions are on it.

I know from another thread you were considering getting a Diamond. Whitey

I believe Glen, RealKingCobra, from AZ said the 9’ tables have Artemis. You can research it in AZ land
Check out diamondsoutheast.com

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I believe Glen, RealKingCobra, from AZ said the 9’ tables have Artemis. You can research it in AZ land
Check out diamondsoutheast.com

I called up Diamond and talked to a sales person and they stated; "that the 7' & 8' models all have Black Diamond Cushions, and all of their 9' models come with Artemis, and the price on their 9' foot commercial tables ranges from $6,000 to $13,000 depending upon the type of wood".

I do not have a clue when Diamond departed from the blue / red to Artemis. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I called up Diamond and talked to a sales person and they stated; "that the 7' & 8' models all have Black Diamond Cushions, and all of their 9' models come with Artemis, and the price on their 9' foot commercial tables ranges from $6,000 to $13,000 depending upon the type of wood".

I do not have a clue when Diamond departed from the blue / red to Artemis. Whitey

I think the Blue Labels came out in 2010 but not totally sure. All that info has been posted in AZ land

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I think the Blue Labels came out in 2010 but not totally sure. All that info has been posted in AZ land

The newest generation of Pro Am (no coin mechanism for home) Diamond tables and Smart (coin mechanism for commercial use) Diamond tables have blue labels that are "oval" in shape.

Another but older generation of blue label Diamond tables also have blue labels that I can best describe as not being oval in shape but somewhat rectangular and "very much script" (fancy lines) in shape.

There is often confusion over which table is "of the new" and which table is "of the old." To me, both Diamond blue label tables appear identical in style to each other. Knowing the shape of the labels defines which table is newer and which table is older. Additionally, there is a another generation of Diamond tables which has a red label that is the predecessor to both blue label Diamond tables. To add to the confusion this Diamond red label table also appears identical in style to both Diamond blue label tables.

I am not sure of the technical differences of the three generations of Diamond tables. Someone once mentioned to me, which was never verified, that the pitch of the rails is different between the older blue label Diamond table and the newer blue label Diamond table. I do know that there had been changes inside the three generations of Smart Diamond tables regarding the coin mechanism, the return of the cue ball, and the locking mechanism to name a few.

Anyone considering the purchase of a Pro Am Diamond table (home use) and a Smart Diamond table (commercial use) should be aware that the cue ball and object balls take a lot longer to drop in the box once they are pocketed on a Smart Diamond table because of their inner workings in comparison to the simplicity of a Pro Am Diamond table inner workings. Both are made exactly the same in the sense of rails, wood, cloth, etc., etc., etc., except that the Smart Diamond table has a different ball return system because of the coin mechanism and cue ball return. The time difference between the return of the balls to the box is "quick" for the Pro Am and "not so quick" for the Smart Diamond table. Plus the Smart Diamond table costs about a thousand or more because of the coin mechanism, cue ball return and locking mechanism.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

The Black Diamond rubber is used on the smaller tables to reduce the speed. That's why the Artemis is only used on their 9 ft. tables