1 ball strategy WWYD

cincy_kid

Verified Member
a shot similar to this came up for me the other day and I was just curious what the best shot typically is from here.

You both need 1 ball and it's your shot (you are pocket labeled C). Both balls are either frozen on the rail or at least very close to the rail.

Do you just cross it and bring the CB back up near the head rail? Shoot it 5 rails? 3?

WWYD?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
This is a pretty simple cross bank. No english is required and there is no risk of a kiss either. The cue ball come two rails to the head rail for a natural safety.

Tom

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Thanks Tom, that's what I ended up doing but for some reason I hit it a little thicker and used some left spin. Didn't make it but got it in my quadrant. I will practice this with no spin to see how it rolls for me...

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
This is a pretty simple cross bank. No english is required and there is no risk of a kiss either. The cue ball come two rails to the head rail for a natural safety.

Tom
Can this be hit with lots of lhe to take CB 4 rails out of the corner, avoiding the possibility of giving up a cross?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Can this be hit with lots of lhe to take CB 4 rails out of the corner, avoiding the possibility of giving up a cross?
John, I'm sure you can tweak the hit on the OB and use english to create a specific path for the cue ball but it really isn't necessary to pocket the ball.

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
Plus, using a natural cue ball, ones muscle memory is formed much quicker with less going on to accomplish your shot.