0-0 wwyd

wincardona

Verified Member
Mitch's option of playing off the 8ball is as strong as an option as there is, providing that it lays natural to go around the 2 and 6ball. This option if laying natural offers you a large margin for error as long as the 2 and 6ball are cleared. The 6ball, 2ball, 3ball, and 10ball will block and protect any ball that your opponent could use as an escape ball, plus there will be no kicks available to the bottom rail. Your opponent will be up table alone with no balls to play off of and no where to go without putting the game at risk.

Playing the cue ball down table either by playing off the 6ball or kicking softly into the 11ball are ok shots but could easily leave your opponent an escape route.

This position is so strong that one may envision several viable options which there are, however, Mitch's option will leave your opponent in a quandary with no where to go.

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I think I would come off of the left side of the 8 with LH English, putting the cue uptable near my opponents corner (I may even combo the 13 closer to my hole with that shot). I like freeing up that 8 and 13 to have 2 threats near my hole. Yes you could also kick softly up against the 12, but I like my first shot better.
Yep,

I like thinning the 8 here also, but I'd try at all costs to avoid contact with the 2 ball, going for a hit more towards the middle left of the top rail with the CB and bouncing over towards his long rail. He will be behind a bunch of balls up there and in a tough spot.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
If i can hit the 6, I'm twisting it back my way. Playing the cue ball uptable to his side....long rail then end rail. Might get lucky and knock something closer to my pocket.
I like this shot with my cue ball going three rails around the table and pocketing the 13 with the 6-8-13 combo. JR Hendy hits these real well, me, not so good. So my option is the follow the 10 ball.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
If I'm going up table, I would use the 6 ball to get there, leave the 10 where it is. The bank on the 6 is ok, but not ideal in my opinion.

Most likely I would brush off the 7 and sit on the back of the 1 however, that shot lays perfect and it eliminates my opponent from a strong take out shot of many balls.

There are many "right" shots from here, but shooting something risky when you already have the position is the wrong shot for sure.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Mitch's option of playing off the 8ball is as strong as an option as there is, providing that it lays natural to go around the 2 and 6ball. This option if laying natural offers you a large margin for error as long as the 2 and 6ball are cleared. The 6ball, 2ball, 3ball, and 10ball will block and protect any ball that your opponent could use as an escape ball, plus there will be no kicks available to the bottom rail. Your opponent will be up table alone with no balls to play off of and no where to go without putting the game at risk.

Playing the cue ball down table either by playing off the 6ball or kicking softly into the 11ball are ok shots but could easily leave your opponent an escape route.

This position is so strong that one may envision several viable options which there are, however, Mitch's option will leave your opponent in a quandary with no where to go.

Dr. Bill
Far be it for me to challenge your choice Dr Bill but I have a problem shooting this shot with the ball that close to the rail. I have trouble judging how fat or how slim to hit the object ball so I avoid this type of shot. A double kiss or to slim a hit puts my opponent in a prime position.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
If I can see enough of the 6 (doesn't look like I can from one of the pics), I would one rail it back into the 8/13 to break them up a bit or possible even make the 13.

The CB with a little right spin is going to go 3 rails and back near his side pocket.

Like this:

Otherwise I think going off the 15 and hiding behind the 11 could be pretty effective too and not too difficult to execute:

LSJohn

Verified Member
If I can see enough of the 6 (doesn't look like I can from one of the pics), I would one rail it back into the 8/13 to break them up a bit or possible even make the 13.

The CB with a little right spin is going to go 3 rails and back near his side pocket.
The way I'm seeing it, using rhe shooting the 6 will get whitey low enough that he can see the 14. I think it calls for half tip high-center and just shoot a little firmer to keep CB near the side pocket.

(But I was wrong once in 1971 and I'm still pissed about it. ) :)

baby huey

Verified Member
You are in charge so nothing fancy is required. I would just shoot the ten ball forward two rails and let the cueball follow it to the rail by my opponents side pocket. There is no need to find a home run shot at this stage of the game. Let him get out of your defense and if he does then you can look for something more sophisticated. The other shots I saw posted are good ones and they will work out if struck correctly but I don't like to have to shoot shots that could backfire at this stage. Just concentrate on protecting the eight and thirteen balls and you'll be OK.

LSJohn

Verified Member
You are in charge so nothing fancy is required. I would just shoot the ten ball forward two rails and let the cueball follow it to the rail by my opponents side pocket. There is no need to find a home run shot at this stage of the game. Let him get out of your defense and if he does then you can look for something more sophisticated. The other shots I saw posted are good ones and they will work out if struck correctly but I don't like to have to shoot shots that could backfire at this stage. Just concentrate on protecting the eight and thirteen balls and you'll be OK.
Well, you have forced us to put your recommendations at the top of our lists. :)