0-0 wwyd

youngstownkid

Verified Member
You are bottom right (the one with all the balls around it :))

Sent using Tapatalk

Mkbtank

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

I think I would come off of the left side of the 8 with LH English, putting the cue uptable near my opponents corner (I may even combo the 13 closer to my hole with that shot). I like freeing up that 8 and 13 to have 2 threats near my hole. Yes you could also kick softly up against the 12, but I like my first shot better.

Last edited:

youngstownkid

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

I think I would come off of the left side of the 8 with LH English, putting the cue uptable near my opponents corner (I may even combo the 13 closer to my hole with that shot). I like freeing up that 8 and 13 to have 2 threats near my hole. Yes you could also kick softly up against the 13, but I like my first shot better.
Did you mean kick softly against the 11 (on the bottom rail?)

Sent using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

Verified Member
thin the 7 come off the rail and use the 1 12 5 as a mitt......... But would probably go with Mitch's first move

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
thin the 7 come on off the rail and use the 1 12 5 as a mitt......... But would probably go with Mitch's first move
I like going off the 7. If you just kick at the 12 to foul, he has a big target to kick back under the 13 and you're on the first foul. Coming off the seven lets you put the 7 to block that kick path and you haven't fouled first. If you execute this, I think he has to take a foul that doesn't really escape much; he's in real trouble.

youngstownkid

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

I like going off the 7. If you just kick at the 12 to foul, he has a big target to kick back under the 13 and you're on the first foul. Coming off the seven lets you put the 7 to block that kick path and you haven't fouled first. If you execute this, I think he has to take a foul that doesn't really escape much; he's in real trouble.
Very good point. I usually would thin of the 15 here and even if I hit it perfectly in the mitt, I end up leaving that kick. I need to think ahead to get to the next level.

Sent using Tapatalk

youngstownkid

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

I think I would come off of the left side of the 8 with LH English, putting the cue uptable near my opponents corner (I may even combo the 13 closer to my hole with that shot). I like freeing up that 8 and 13 to have 2 threats near my hole. Yes you could also kick softly up against the 12, but I like my first shot better.
I hardly ever look to go up table in early game...something I need to recognize better when the table's calling for it.

Sent using Tapatalk

youngstownkid

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

Don't think the 8 will move the 13 but I like this. Usually I'm the one getting the long uptable early game trap set against me.

Sent using Tapatalk

pvclou

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

If i can hit the 6, I'm twisting it back my way. Playing the cue ball uptable to his side....long rail then end rail. Might get lucky and knock something closer to my pocket.

youngstownkid

Verified Member
0-0 wwyd

If i can hit the 6, I'm twisting it back my way. Playing the cue ball uptable to his side....long rail then end rail. Might get lucky and knock something closer to my pocket.

Sent using Tapatalk

one pocket guy

Verified Member
Mitch's shot was my first option Open up 8 your prolly gonna get a shot next. There are other options but that is strongest.~T

LSJohn

Verified Member
Was hopin' to see you in Houston. :(

Twisting the 6 toward your pocket, it looks like CB might come off the long rail short enough to leave a pretty good shot on the 4. I think I'd have to roll it with a touch of inside and cut it less to get CB to the top rail.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I play to make 13 ball by using low left and cutting 8 in to rail. Not a hard shot plus if it doesn't go you have cue ball going 3 rails for safety or position on next shot.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Open up 8 your prolly gonna get a shot next. T
I was thinkin' I didn't like that because I like the way things are laying there now; the distance between 8 and 13 is just about perfect for a combo, and 2,3, and 10 all go now but the 8 could change some of that.