Search results

1. 3

About a minute

Recently, Hacker made an observation about taking a minute or so to decide on a shot selection in the WWYD's that are posted. IIRC, the point being, that in a real game...it would/should/could typically take about this long. Is this a typical decision time frame, choosing among options, that...
  2. 3

Off the wall question

re recent Bugs Rucker instructional tape discussion/post here and AZB: Would/does chalk/powder on the balls help or hinder turning banks? or no effect? One post spoke of Bugs using lots of both, and leaving the table a mess...and he was a terrific banker....any correlation? thanks
  3. 3

Advice on this shot

How and whether to shoot it: I was experimenting with this shot. Found a cb position and speed that gets close, but if (more like when..(most of the time)) missed, sells out cross over banks to opponent hole. My trouble is the draw stroke speed that sends the front ball to my pocket, doesn't...
  4. 3

King of One pocket/8 players/$ 6000 entry/$2000 added

Post deleted..see Lenny's post
  5. 3

Billy and Nick in the booth/8 man invitational/Missouri

What a treat. They don't always predict the shot, but these guys sometimes shoot the wrong shot, very very well.:frus They are having a lot of fun commentating these matches...and so too, are we the viewers. Great one pocket being played, with equally great commentary. thanks to all
  6. 3

On AZB: SMS/$130

Price OK? Looks like he's about to take down thread... http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=364462
  7. 3

Always a dead ball?

When you bank a ball, does it always come off the rail sliding before it starts to roll? Or does it depend on the speed you hit the bank? Or the angle in and out? Or......what? thanks Is a dead ball the same as a sliding ball? thanks again
  8. 3

Bugs Rucker Banking vhs tapes

I'm looking to buy, rent, borrow these tapes..especially volumes 2 and 3, intermediate and advanced. I just bot and viewed vol 1, basic banks..and that's got me looking for the other two. Understandably, those that may have them, hold on to them, I'm guessing..since there don't seem to be much...
  9. 3

(im)possible take out

I saw a video (youtube?) maybe a year or so ago of an amazing 1P takeout. I can't find it now. Maybe someone else has seen it and can explain it. Ball deep in pocket, possibly frozen to the facing about 1/2 way into the hole. Pocket just slightly bigger than 4 1/2.? The cb is directly in front...
  10. 3

AZ off line?

For multi-forum posters-is AZ off line for you now-or just at my end?:eek:
  11. 3

JB influence Morra

Question primarily to John Brumback: Have you worked with John Morra on banks? He seems to have some similar pre-shot routines, mechanics, postures and ball speeds at times. Maybe the real good bankers do some of the same things. Just curious. If this is something better asked in a PM...
  12. 3

Cushions brand

Does it matter? Artimus/Artemis? Ridgeback? Diamond black/black Diamond? Brunswick Superspeed? whatever? What cushions do you like? and why? for all games/or banks only? The artemis are pricey, but are they the best choice? I ask because I am ignorant-I do not know. Thanks
  13. 3

Eventful day

I met Frank 'The Barber' Almanza today. I have seen him before, but hadn't had the opportunity to say hello until today at a local One Pocket tournament. Frank was very cordial and played well in the tournament. I made 5 balls in three games in losing to Jose Parica. In a twisted way-it...
  14. 3

Nick Varner private lesson

I had a lesson with Nick Varner last night. Most of it was working through a rack of 1P, assessing the correct shot selection among choices. Nick makes the right choices-me not so much. His help in evaluating choices was the meat of the lesson. Flying solo will be the biggest challenge...
  15. 3

Who's happier?

Efren or the man at the rail in the picture on the 1P Org home page, with Efren holding his winning check. Probably Efren. But it looks close.
  16. 3

Frozen Ball Throw Shots

Although I posed this question elsewhere, members here more likely have the shot come up as you look the layout over. Thanks for any input. Frozen ball throw shots -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is another shot that gives me trouble...