Search results

1. J

Any Discussion About Location Of Seniors 1P Tourney 2020?

Just wondering if there has been any discussion about where or when the next Seniors 1P Tournament will be held?
  2. J

Fargo Ratings and One Pocket handicapping?

Just was wondering what sort of rules of thumb there might be with figuring Fargo rates among known one pocket playerrs in handicapping or matching up.I was thinking a 100 point difference would suggest 10-7/ 9-6 range. I realize the Fargo difference might have a bit lower value at higher Fargo...
  3. J

West Coast Swing One Pocket July 4-6 at California Billiards

I haven't seen much talk about the tournament coming up next week July 4-6 at California Billiards. Anyone else going to play or sweat?
  4. J

Unusual layout...

sorry, couln't reprodue the pool table layout from pool.bz
  5. J

Special Edition John Davis Ebony Longsplice Fullsplice Blank Titlist Style!

Last one in stock. Special Edition John Davis longsplice fullsplice blank ebony into high figure hard curly maple (155). Titlist veneers (magenta, teal, mahogany, natural). Intended for a wrapless cue but could have a wrap. $500.00 plus $20.00 ship/ insure in CONUSA. Lawaway is okay. Martin
  6. J

FS: Unchalked new Ned Morris High Figure Birdseye Merry Widow Cue/ Leather Wrap.

I waited a few years for a small group of merry widows from Ned. It was worth the wait. Ned makes an exceptionally good playing cue with a shaft taper I like a lot. This is a unchalked new figured birdseye maple merry widow with veneered dash deco rings at the joint and buttcap. It has a...
  7. J

FS: New Ned Morris Madagascar/BEM Wrapless Cue

We've waited a few years for new cues from Ned. Here is a Madigascar Rosewood merry widow wrapless cue with high figure birdseye handle. Note the veneer deco ings at joint and buttcap. Two exceptional maple shafts, 13mm (3.78/ 3.82oz.) with linen melamine ferrules and medium layered tips...
  8. J

FS: Unchalked New Highly Figured Curly Maple Cognoscenti Cue--Fancy Ringsets!

Brand new Cognoscenti highly figured hard curly maple cue with fancy silver dash ringsets at all positions. 2 select maple shafts, 13.2mm with linen melamine ferrules and Triangle tips. Black with white speck linen wrap. Joint protector set included. Weight: 19.14/ 19.15 oz. with 18-1/2"...
  9. J

FS: New Cognoscenti Wrapless with Deluxe Rings!

Brand new Cognoscenti cocobolo wrapless cue with ebony handle and fancy silver dash ringsets at all positions. 2 clear maple shafts, 13.2mm with linen melamine ferrules and Triangle tips. Joint protector set included. Weight: 19.04/ 19.07 oz. with 18-1/2" balance point. $1,800.00. No...
  10. J

L A M B R O S Ebony merry widow/ checked deco rings/ linen wrap cue, new!

Unchalked new cue from the shop of Mike Lambros in Baltimore, MD. Ebony merry widow cue with checked deco rings at all positions (+100.00) 2 exceptional shafts, 12.9mm (3.50, 3.55 oz. [low end mass]), linen wrap, standard Lambros cue extension and joint protector set. Weighs 18.57/ 18.62oz...
  11. J

Unchalked Mike Lambros 4 point ebony/ birdseye cue with veneers

Just received from the shop of Mike Lambros. Ebony into birdseye maple with black and natural veneer. 2 exceptional shafts, 12.9mm (3.54, 3.60 oz.), deco rings at all positions, linen wrap. Comes with standard Lambros cue extension and joint protector set. Weighs 19.43/ 19.49 oz., with...
  12. J

Anybody remember Edgar White from Motown?

Its been almost 30 years since I last saw Edgar White. I had lots of respect for him as a one pocket player but only saw him in action a few times in the Detroit area. He was a very likable man and often smiling/ laughing. My one time mentor Tommy Lazlo (deceased) also respected Edgar and his...
  13. J

One Pocket table/room conditions: wet/dry, slow/ fast, dirty/clean, lively/ dead?

I have noticed that I do not adapt easily to playing conditions vastly different than what I am used to. My usual frame of reference: reasonably clean table bed and balls, dry and fast bed (low friction), moderately lively and responsive rails. Conditions in roughly this range allow for the...
  14. J

FS: 6 Original one pocket tapes plus 1= $60 shipped in CONUSA!

sold.......thanks for looking.
  15. J

Slow, dull table...how do you adjust your game?

The room I'm accustomed to (Hardtimes, Bellflower) has clean balls with tables that have lively rails and moderately fast cloth. You can hit the stack and balls will move and roll. These conditions allow for a 1P game with a good degree of finesse. For the last few days I have been playing at...
  16. J

New Rambow/ Hoppe tribute cues from Ariel "H.J." Carmeli!

Here are 3 new Titlist tribute cues from Ariel Carmeli that capture the authentic vibe. They all have ivory ring at rear and brass joint sleeve-flat face, with gold anodized pin. 2 of the 3 cues come with a Predator 314-2 shaft and have smooth black calfskin wrap. They are $1375.00. The...
  17. J

Predator 314-2 shafts--best price, brand new!

I have a number of new first quality Predator 314-2 shafts. They are all 29" in length and 12.75mm. They have the new Titan ferrule and Tiger Everest tip. The shafts I have are for radial, 3/8-10, and 5/16-14 piloted with and without silver ring. My price shipped is lowest around but I am...
  18. J

Moori III Medium or Quick 10/$85 shipped in CONUS!

Moori III Medium or Quick tips. 10/$85.00 shipped to you. Money order or verified PayPal to confirmed address. USA only thank you. Martin
  19. J

Tiger-X shafts, piloted 5/16-14, new!

I have 2 new piloted 5/16-14 Tiger-X shafts with Sabre-T ferrule and Sniper tips. They are both 13mm. Verified PayPal or money order. PM for special price. Also nice selection of new custom cues from superb CA and CT cuemakers. www.westerncue.com Martin
  20. J

$25 off Valley and Dufferin Ariel Carmeli Petes

Through the Holidays or until gone, $25 off list price of all Ariel Carmeli vintage Valley, Valley, and Canadian Dufferin sneaky petes at www.westerncue.com These are not your typical sneaky petes, as they have custom cue touches. Get the Ariel Carmeli custom cue feel for cheap! Also very...