Search results

1. jalapus logan

Fun Corey Deuel runout

Hopefully I did this right and the video starts at 1:19:30. Anyway, Corey sure does see 'em differently than many players. He is fun to watch. I like how both commentators called the 3 railer on the green six ball....Corey called it differently, lol. I can't for the life of me understand how...
  2. jalapus logan

Accent wall for my new onepocket basement pool room

I'm so stoked about my new pool room that I don't even play pool anymore, lololol. I just go down there and chill and look at wood and what not. Maybe one day I'll pick the cue up again, but right now enjoying other things in life. Check out my concrete wall before and after. It looks...
  3. jalapus logan

Statistics showing the break has minimal effect on game outcome

Firstly, thanks to member Atlarge for compiling these statistics. Wish we had an army of folks like him. It's sure hard to fire off opinions when faced with hard facts, lol. Anyway, per these stats for the 2018 DCC, the breaker won the game 53% of the time. Granted, these stats came from the...
  4. jalapus logan

Who is now the best oneholer?

I suppose most will say Chohan given his recent win over Orcullo. But I'm unconvinced, as I thought that the match could have gone either way. In fact, if orcullo hadn't bombed so badly the first day, he would have prevailed, imo. Also remember Thorpe's win at this years dcc and Schmidt's...
  5. jalapus logan

Dennis' stock is rising and future matchups

I think it is time to admit that Dennis is amongst the world's elite in onepocket, as he is in all of the other games as well. Further, and more importantly, it's time for Alex vs. Dennis! :D I will keep my $ safely in my wallet for that matchup.
  6. jalapus logan

Using the Frost/Orcullo 1pkt match to promote pool internationally

Just thinking out loud here. This is an exciting match in a great game that most international audiences are not familiar with. Since Ronnie O'Sullivan is a big cue sports name internationally and apparently has developed a recent affinity for onepocket, then I humbly suggest that Lenny & crew...
  7. jalapus logan

Pagulayan 14.1 break used in finals of 2016 1pkt US Open???

I used the search feature and did not notice any discussion of this here on the forums before. Check out Alex's break against Corey in the finals at approx 1:20:00. He used a similar break as deployed in 14.1. Strange, I've never seen a pro try that break before, and I was amazed that Alex...
  8. jalapus logan

John Brumback's still alive at DCC 9 ball

Goooo Johnny! He's up 8-6 currently against Shawn Putnam. I just read on AZB that the winner of John's match gets the bye in the next round because Alex and Mike already have a bye each.
  9. jalapus logan

Gary Spaeth

I'd like to hear some more about Gary Spaeth. From what I've heard and read, he was a fine player and one of the best bankers to play the game. For those who knew him, how about sharing some stories and some of his memorable shots. Here's one to start. John, do you remember this one...
  10. jalapus logan

Y'all don't play nice...

It would behoove some to read this AZB thread. Please don't let this site jump the shark. Lots of good info and stories had here. Would be a shame to lose it, even though I'm just a lurker over here. Why can't we all just get along?
  11. jalapus logan

Larry Price

I have seen that Larry Price garnered a few votes for the bank pool hall of fame. My question is if anyone here has had any experience playing him or watching play either bank pool or onepocket. I have seen him in action against Eric Durbin and others playing onepocket, but that was several...
  12. jalapus logan

best table?

I thought that I'd pose this question to the crowd here for a little advice. I am going to purchase a table in the near future. This is a major investment for me, so I'd like to get the right table. I've played a lot on a Diamond Pro 9' table, and this is what I'm leaning toward currently...