Search results

1. D

RIP Banking Mike

Mike Stewart (aka Banking Mike): Vietnam Vet, member Chosen Few Motorcycle Club, and fierce competitor in the Los Angeles area one-pocket scene.
  2. D

One and stop

Interesting. Never seen it played where you can't safe after you pot a ball.
  3. D

One and stop

Thanks, Ghostie
  4. D

One and stop

An adept player (who can beat guys like John Schmidt on occasion) who usually has the edge giving 10/6 to a certain player who runs balls good. If he plays the certain player one and stop, who has the edge? Like I say, might be apples and oranges.
  5. D

One and stop

What is one and stop equivalent to in ball spotting? Or is it apples and oranges?
  6. D

Happy Birthday, Ghost

Happy B Day to our favorite repository of Bensinger knowledge
  7. D

Gorst vs Chohan....20k in the middle!

Fedor the Fearsome
  8. D

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

Since you appreciate Filipino Gene, I saw him play a real estate mogul for 10k afterhours at the Tip Top Club on Mission St. Problem was, the real estate guy had a (real) heart attack while they were playing. (Tip Top had a lot of great pool and card action. The owner used to stake Baltimore...
  9. D

Fish's real name was John Lewis. He did good in Bay Area bar tournaments and action. He eventually became some kind of BCA functionary.
  10. D

Efren's knowledge

We can't forget Efren's mastery of 18.1 caroms which gives him a special finesse touch that even regular 3c billiards players (at least in U.S.) don't have.
  11. D

Grady on Cochran's (maybe originally from onepocket.org): "Cochran's was anything and everything, simply the greatest pool room ever. 1028 Market St. was the actual address. I worked there in 1963. I got paid two dollars an hour and often I'd pay someone five bucks an hour to work for me so I...
  12. D

Artie Bodendorfer story I was told

As someone who has worked as a story analyst for the film industry in LA, I can tell you that producers are not looking for perfect grammar or spelling. They are looking for unique compelling stories that might be commercially successful. If the underlying story grabs them and they sense the...
  13. D

Jeff Bay who owned Cochran's under name Hollywood Billiards and owned Hollywood Billiards in LA probably has the paintings that were on the walls of Palace Billiards
  14. D

"We Never Close"
  15. D

Some one pocket action happening in California this evening (on Facebook)

Great commentary during last set by One Pocket Rich.
  16. D

US One Pocket Players Only- 70's to Present

I'm pretty sure I took that one.
  17. D

Coronavirus and old geezers (like me and you)......

You can't be serious. Totally untrue. You think unscientific kooks know more about covid-19 than virologists or epidemiologists?
  18. D

Coronavirus and old geezers (like me and you)......

If you're interested in what actual virologists and epidemiologists think about how Covi-19 is going to play out: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/6/21161234/coronavirus-covid-19-science-outbreak-ends-endemic-vaccine
  19. D

Official 2020 One Pocket Hall of Fame Nominations

1. Alex P - no brainer 2. Jean-Robert Bellande (Tall Bobby) - who's drummed up more action?