Search results

1. D

Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

Joe L., I, as I am sure other members, want to thank you for your part in this promotion ! Greatly appreciated! Would it be possible to get a high-lite video of Billy Thorpe's bank shots. The double back bank in particular was spectacular. That bank really surprised me in that coming off the...
  2. D

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Steve, I am just quoting what you stated. and your statement ended with; "you can book it". It would be a 3 year rotation for Ca. Billiards. I do not believe Chris's was mentioned in your statement, just New Orleans and Ca. Billiards were lined up after this last MOT in that order. So I had...
  3. D

One pocket in Seattle?

Dan Louie is in the Seattle area! Whitey
  4. D

John, I had no idea you only had 8 tables to work with, very impressive! According to a statement by Steve, the next MOT will be New Orleans, w/ California Billiards following that. Kentucky was wanting to have a Suiper Seniors at California Billiards. I'd like to see him start a thread on...
  5. D

We all can agree that the way the pockets played is an anomaly. For me as a spectator I appreciated how the balls and the pockets played. I can not imagine playing OP with freshly cleaned balls. i really appreciate and admire John's MOT rule that each player plays 2 matches the first day vs...
  6. D

WWYD Out of Boredom

Nice eye J.R. Hell of a nice shot 12squired !!! Thanks for sharing! Whitey
  7. D

Yes, I was concerned about Billy's drinking going into this, but he figured it out. For those that did not catch that the match was starting an hour earlier, is there a replay available? Billy ran 7 and out 6 of the 7 games, starting with a 5 game run of 7 and outs. 1:10 min. final day. Thanks...
  8. D

WWYD Out of Boredom

if you can see the 6 enough, then play it off of the 2. Whitey
  9. D

WWYD Out of Boredom

play off of the 11 to make the 4 ball. Also it looks like the 9 two rails between the 1 and 3. Whitey
  10. D

yeah, I thought I was on to something, to only have my ass handed to me, lol. What's a So. Cal. short stop know about humidity anyway! Whitey
  11. D

Tony has actually ran into someone that can play one pocket! Whitey
  12. D

It was interesting that one of the guest commentators stated; " that at another tournament that when the game winning ball was jawed and it was the opponent's shot they picked the ball up and spotted it plus one of the opponent's balls. No shot was taken, and they played as if it was a jumped...
  13. D

I called Railbirds, and talked to a guy in the repair shop about the tables and how tight the pockets played. He stated they are standard Diamond tables w/ 4-1/4 pockets w/ standard Artemis cushions. He further stated it was the humidity that makes the tables play so lively around the pockets...
  14. D

Steve and Lou, So you are saying these tables at the MOT may have had Blue Label rails on them. For me, that would explain it. Maybe that is why the Z bank that Robert played with force made a complete about face coming off of the 2nd rail. The Pro Am and Professional Diamond tables come with...
  15. D

Has anyone seen a Diamond table play with this lively of pockets, anywhere, any time, humidity of not? I never seen any Diamond table come even close to this lively of pocket play. I, like all of you have watched a tremendous amount of pros playing on tight pockets, and all of them accepted the...
  16. D

If the tables at the MOT had a different set up, then that would nice to know. For me, those pockets play like pockets should. If in fact it was just humidity, then that is amazing. Hard to accept but if that is what humidity does I guess I can accept that. Larry posts, and plays in the...
  17. D

Oklahoma’s Formidable Glenn “The Eufaula Kid” Womack by Rabbi Hippie on PoolHistory.com

Thanks Doc! I mean who goes over to Howard Worst's house after he became the world's 3 cushion billiard champion, and plays him on his own table and beats him. Then Irish takes the bus back to his pool room home and goes back to sleep. But who else would Jersey Red have learned OP from if it...
  18. D

Humidity can make balls sticky, and an indication of humidity affects are balls turning over, I did not see any balls turn over. The pool hall would have to have a dehumidifier otherwise the players would be sweating profusely. I've never seen a Diamond table 9 ft. table pockets that did not...
  19. D

Can someone explain as to why the Diamond tables at this MOT 2-1/4 play so different than the table used in Tony vs. Billy challenge match. JJ stated The table was a Pro Am 4-1/8 pockets. They look and play more like 4-1/2 pockets. But how can the MOT TV table play so lively around the...
  20. D

John, I think you hit the theme of this match, well day 1 sure looks that way! It is amazing how much different this table plays vs. the MOT tables. Whitey