Search results

1. brexit

Greensboro, NC

Was there for an hour yesterday. Great player’s room with very well-maintained tables and one pocket seems very popular there. Will be back in over the next few days. Thanks again @Renegade_56
  2. brexit

Greensboro, NC

Thank you - we’re 3 miles from there so we’ll check it out.
  3. brexit

Greensboro, NC

Hi there - I’ll be in Greensboro, NC over the weekend and through Wednesday. Do we have any members in that area? Any recommendations on place to play some 1P? Cheers! brexit
  4. brexit

You Need 2

Great shot, Whitey. It reminded me a little of this shot by Alex against Busty @ 5 mins 15 secs in this video... https://fb.watch/2NCOl32Qqi/
  5. brexit

Scott Frost vs Cliff Joyner - 2010 One Pocket Money Match

Thanks for posting this Lenny. Really good stuff. +1 for the fast pace of play and short decision-making process of these two. Makes a world of difference.
  6. brexit

Bad mental habits or bad luck? The Ego and luckiest game in the world.

I have found that I get much more frustrated and more expressive about bad rolls the WORSE I am playing. When I'm running out and moving well....well, those bad rolls don't seem to bother me so much ;) So, knowing that it usually shows up more when I'm not performing to the best of my ability...
  7. brexit

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

Question for the experts among us: have you ever seen a more meteoric rise in 1P in before? Who else went from 0-100mph as quickly as Filler?
  8. brexit

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

As a good (average) nine-ball player who has taken 4 years to become an average 1P player I am truly shocked by how quickly Josh Filler has learned the game. At the age of 22. Clearly, conditions favored Josh greatly for this match (table familiarity, pocket size, confidence, being in dead...
  9. brexit

You guys who have a table at home...

Doc, you have my sympathy. I’ve been 20/20 in my right eye and 20/400 in my left since birth. My mother had German Measles when pregnant with me and the doctors said that’s most likely what caused the permanent retina damage. Depth perception is the biggest challenge for me but you’ll be...
  10. brexit

Filler vs Shuff tonight

Indeed. Anyone who's paid attention to him on Roy's stream the last 6 weeks will know that he's not to be fugged with. With the right guidance, he could be unstoppable.
  11. brexit

Filler vs Shuff tonight

Filler tortured him. Will be interesting to see how Filler fares as he moves up the 1P food chain.
  12. brexit

What's a room to do? How a pool-hall will survive a pandemic! Video w/ Jerry Matchin

Jerry - this was really enjoyable to watch. COVID-19 notwithstanding, I travel to the LA area quite often and will make a point to venture north to Ventura the next time I'm there.
  13. brexit

House of Billiards now?

I’m staying in Santa Monica tonight and managed to sneak away to House of Billiards. Is anyone able to play a little tonight?
  14. brexit

Players in Chicago / New York / Montreal?

It’s not his favorite game to play but Sean Morgan at Amsterdam Billiards will gamble 1P and is good action. He runs a few leagues out of the room so is always there.
  15. brexit

Old Equipment

Hi guys - I’m at a friend’s house tonight and she was excited to show me her Grandfather’s old Sport King, cues and clay balls. I really enjoyed seeing some pieces from “another era”. The balls look particularly cool (either clay or ivory) and I thought I would share to see if anyone could...
  16. brexit

Unintended consequences of playing 1P

Thought I'd create a fun thread to learn about good, bad and indifferent things that can happen as a result of being a 1P fanatic. I'll start with: everyone in the house being woken up too early by the sound of two pennies rattling around in the dryer that my wife starts as she leaves for work...
  17. brexit

Rooms near Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Hi folks - are there any good rooms in the Palm Beach Gardens/Jupiter/West Palm Beach area where you can find a decent 1P game? I'll be here for the next 2 weeks and would like to play once or twice. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. Cheers, brexit