Search results

1. P

Playing a better player

If i wanted to play a better player cheap but cant get a spot because it’s too cheap are there any ways I could play to get the most bang for my buck? Would one shot and done be a viable option? Not worried about taking the worst of it because it is cheap just dont want to be down 6-1, 7-2...
  2. P

Best player with a 30 second shot clock?...now and then

Who would be considered the best with a 30 second shot clock, now and in the past? I think T-Rex would do pretty well. Also, would it rearrange who are considered the top five? Of course all top players would eventually adapt. Lastly, has anyone played or practiced like this just to mix it...
  3. P

Ball spots equating to money line wagers

For example, if I gave someone 8-7 but instead of balls they would rather get odds on the money. What would that equate too? How about other spots as well? 8-7 = 8-6 = 9-7= and so on
  4. P

Two balls on the spot

What is the preferred shot with ball in hand and 2 balls on the spot in a game of bank pool? Both scenarios:. I need 1 ball and when I need 2.
  5. P

Prop bets for the big match

What would the line be for games won when being behind 7-0? Just curious on what everyone thinks.
  6. P

Toby Fleharty

Does he still play? I was watching a tape of him play. He has a really solid style and seems to pick the correct shot a large percentage of the time. Grady mentioned he was part owner of a pool room in Vegas.
  7. P

Prop bets for the future

Of course it would have to be a long set like this to apply I believe. -Over under for the longest game -Over under for the shortest game -Will all the balls ever be above the head string - Over under number of 8 and outs -Number of games won by player who is losing 7-0 in balls -Will a 4...
  8. P

Racing to a certain amount of balls

Instead of the normal 8 balls to win has anyone played to a higher number and played thru the entire rack. For example a race to 30 balls. In the first game I make 14 and my opponent makes 1. I now need 16 and he needs 29. I would think that this is a good way to learn how to play all...
  9. P

John Grissim's book Billiards

Has anybody read it? What a great read. Stories about and quotes by Billy I., Lisciotti, Rempe, many others, and a whole chapter devoted to a match up and banter of Jersey Red vs. Gene Nagy playing one pocket. Awesome. I would rate it 8-7 under WOP and SM&S.
  10. P

Old School Accu Stats Tapes

If you got em and don't have a VCR or its broken or getting worn out better hurry up and get a new one. The last company that makes them will no longer be producing them come time the end of the month.
  11. P

Turnout for US Open 1 Pocket

Do you think it will be a strong field? Just got done looking at turnout for SBE 1 Pocket and it seems like mostly regional players. The 4 marquis names were Appleton, Orcullo, Kiamco, and Thorpe. I'm sure they are expecting players to travel from SBE to Us Open 1 Pocket, but it doesn't seem...
  12. P

One Pocket Rich aka Connecticut Richard

Is he really from CT? And if so did he learn to play in CT? I am from CT and have never even heard any one even mention his name.
  13. P

Playing Ability and Knowledge

At what point in your playing career do you think your peak playing ability and one pocket acumen intersected. By acumen I mean when you look at a situation and say I know what the right shot is, not a guessing game.
  14. P

Thought this might be of interest

Took me about 2hrs of searching high and low to find these. I had to go thru countless boxes in the attic and the basement. I knew I had them somewhere. I can remember calling JJ after getting his number out of WOP. He was very cordial and eager to place my order. I sent him a money order...