Search results

1. OneRock

Legends of Pool

Anyone seen this yet? Was posted on youtube just over a year ago.
  2. OneRock

Any Questions About Who Ultimately Prevails?

A mover or a shot maker? Two excerpts from my DCC match against James Aranas. He's a pretty good mover, but his shot-making is second to none. The only takeaway from this match (and the whole tournament) is that I still have a big fat belly. LOL...
  3. OneRock

AllOutPool One-Pocket Tourney - Hollywood, FL

The next 1-Pocket tourney (AllOutPool tour stop #10) will be held on October 20th at Lucky 7 Billiards in Hollywood, FL. If you're within striking range, come and play.
  4. OneRock

Tony Chohan vs. Alex Pagulayan

Looks like an announcement is forthcoming.
  5. OneRock

16-Player One-Pocket Tourney This Weekend

This will take place at Uncle Waldo's in Daytona Beach this Saturday (Aug. 25th). Here are the details: • $500 ADDED • ONE-DAY EVENT • LIMITED TO 16 PLAYERS • $100 ENTRY • DOUBLE ELIMINATION • RACES TO 3 ON BOTH SIDES • FINAL ONE RACE TO 4 • ALTERNATE BREAK • RACK YOUR OWN • BALL ON BREAK /...
  6. OneRock

An Excellent 15-Ball No-Rail Practice Drill

My ball pocketing skills and ball runs have risen significantly in recent weeks due to this practice drill given to me by a former European champion. The purpose of it is to improve body alignment and stability by forgoing the need for practice strokes. I'm not saying you should eliminate the...
  7. OneRock

DCC 2018 - Scott Frost vs. Cliff Joyner

I came across this match yesterday, and I thought it was a bag full of gems. Lots of great moves that made it well worth watching. What made it so special is the ending. Cliff made his seventh ball and was playing simple one-rail position on the case ball. Talking about a reversal of fortune...
  8. OneRock

What Would Boost the Participation Rate in a Typical One-Pocket Tournament?

OK, so I've had a few 16-player One-Pocket tournaments in the South Florida area last year with limited success, I'd say. I got a full field in 2 out of the 4 tournaments. The other two had 11 and 15. I'd like to get your opinions re. what's been working at similar tournaments around the...
  9. OneRock

Derby City Shootout - Jacksonville, FL - January 13-14

This room is really nice, and the Diamond tables are top notch.
  10. OneRock

AllOutPool Open OnePocket 32-Player, $1,000 Added - March 17-18

AllOutPool will have its first Open One Pocket event at Park Ave. Billiards in Orange Park, Florida on March 17-18, 2018. - 32 players - $200 entry fee - $1,000 added - Races to 3/3 - DCC rules We will also have a BANKS ring game on Friday evening (March 16). The tournament flier is...
  11. OneRock

Carolina Billiards Tour - GA State One Pocket

This was posted today on Facebook.
  12. OneRock

Marty Herman, Mad Genius

Voicing his opinions, practicing, and dancing. Gotta love him. https://www.facebook.com/marty.herman/videos/1482068468497305/?notif_id=1511610976949327&notif_t=live_video
  13. OneRock

AllOutPool 10-Ball / One-Pocket Tour Stop #5 At K&K Billiards MIAMI

The One-Pocket field will be limited to 8 players since this room only has four 9-foot diamond tables. But those happen to be some of the best-playing tables in the Miami area. $1,000 added on the 10-Ball side, possibly a little on the One-Pocket side too.
  14. OneRock

Taking on All Comers

Taking on all comers in the Palm Beach area for $50 or $100 per game, especially the self-proclaimed, the armchair warriors, the paper tigers, the mouse jockeys, and of course, the pill heads.
  15. OneRock

Last-Minute One-Pocket Event at Capone's in Spring Hill, FL

James Adams is organizing this event this weekend. I'll be streaming the feature matches (one match per round) for those interested in watching. Most recent players list: Travis Trapper Croft $100 Derek Lobb $100 Anthony Meglino $200 Peter Ghostine $200 James Adams $200 Justin Hall $200...
  16. OneRock

Florida One-Pocket and 10-Ball Tourneys - December 2nd/3rd

Looking forward to seeing some Florida-based op.org members at this event. Here's the latest and final flyer for the upcoming two tournaments. REMINDER: 10-Ball/32-player on Saturday, December 2nd. One-Pocket/16-player on Sunday December 3rd. PLEASE SHARE. THANKS.
  17. OneRock

Dumping

Funny I got two private messages on FB in the last couple of days accusing me of dumping my Sunday morning match at the Southeast One-Pocket Challenge last weekend after beating David Grossman and Jason Sheerman the night before. Truth is I played bad during that match because I got exactly 2...
  18. OneRock

8andOut One-Pocket event #4 - Saturday, October 28th

8andOut One-Pocket event #4 will be held at Shooters Billiards (8942 S US Hwy 1, Port St Lucie, FL 34952) on Saturday, October 28th. DETAILS: - 16 players, one-day event - 10 x Diamond Pro-Am (Blue Label) tables - Double elimination, races to 3/2 - Entry fee: $100 (includes $10 green fee) -...
  19. OneRock

Upcoming 1-Pocket Event in Jacksonville, Florida

Date: October 14-15 - Location: 9 Ball Heaven (Jacksonville, FL) $1000 added, 32-player, double elimination (races to 3/3)
  20. OneRock

8andOut Live Stream

https://youtu.be/JZPMGj2SQ3M Anthony Meglino vs. Chris Gentile (9-7 handicap) No, not THEE Chris Gentile.