Search results

1. T

For San Jose Dick,Artie,Doc and anyone else

I just read your posts about the music and the youth. Please take the time to go to Youtube and check out these two items : # 1. Hellzapoppin' Swing Dance Scene # 2. Marimba Ponies ( click on first icon ) I promise you will thank me for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Titanic Jerry # 1...
  2. T

questions for Grady

Hi Grady, Just read all the stuff about Cochrans and it was like living it all over again. Couple of questions. Do you remember two guys, one named Doc and the other Joe Smiley? They used to play Gin Rummy with One eyed Hank. Who was the guy that played back handed so good ? Was the Chinaman...
  3. T

open letter to dick mcmorran

What a pleasure to read some of your threads. I was in the Bay Area in the 60's and was a little under a short stop but I knew my speed and gambled accordingly. Remember the match you and Bucktooth had upstairs in the bowling alley in Oakland? You came to my old hometown Stockton and beat McCoy...
  4. T

Blue Carpet Billiards Alameda Ca.

Quite a bit has been written lately about Blue Carpet Billiards in Alameda Ca. Bob Reynolds said the tables were Gandys 4.5 X 9. Bob think back about those tables. There was no letter G on any of them. They had copper plates that said Macon Pool Table Company Macon Georgia. They were in fact...
  5. T

Equipment Changes

I guess it is called progress. The fiberglass pole in high jumping, various shoes for various sports,Simonis cloth, 6 ounce gloves in boxing, higher horsepower engines for auto racing, astro turf and the list goes on and on. With those changes come a new set of records since the guys before had...