Search results

1. B

Top U.S. players 2020: Comments welcome

If you think Schmidt will beat Evan, I'd put Evan in the box.
  2. B

i need advice here

In bank pool, you would shoot it two rails with speed and let your cue ball end up on the foot rail. But in one pocket this is one of those shots where the juice is not worth the squeeze, and you just move it to his side rail with the cue ball even or even higher to prevent the kick bank. This...
  3. B

This year, he came 2nd in Derby City and 2nd in Scotty Townsend. He's the real deal, but he has to have his mixture right. He's the only one outside the top three that has won at Buffalos, and he went through a murderer's row to get there. He beat Chip, then Dennis, then Corey, then Tony twice!
  4. B

Chip v. Dennis tonight on Facebook

Joey Gray answered my text to say no match happened tonight.
  5. B

Facebook Chip Compton's page.
  6. B

Dennis/ Chip

Just saw this thread. I hear they are playing again tonight at 5 pm. From what I watched, Dennis has no win. Chip moves as good or better than Dennis and gives up nothing easy. Dennis is pressing and Chip cleans up after the misses.
  7. B

Playing in OKC at Bill's.
  8. B

Dennis giving Chip 10-8 for a bunch. Chip won last night 5K race to 7. I think it's on Chip's Facebook page starting around 5 PM.
  9. B

3 fouls, how common?

Corey Deuel fouled out to lose his match in both 2018 and 2019 at Buffalo's Pro Classic. In the 2018 match, Justin Hall fouled him out and Corey settled for 3rd place. In the 2019 match, Alex Pagulayan three fouled him out into second place. Corey lives on the high wire, and I can't ever imagine...
  10. B

Chip Compton is the next great American One Pocket Player

Over the past year, we have watched Chip Compton in three big action matches. In the first, he was considered the underdog against Scott Frost. He dusted Frost off in an 8 ahead match in about six hours. Then he really stepped up and challenged Tony Chohan on his home turf in Oklahoma City. He...
  11. B

One Pocket Action Match-Chip Compton vs Roberto Gomez-August 7th-8th-9th

I'd like to see him play Corey. He is playing well, though. No doubt. He used to be more reckless. I think he is settled into a nice balance of controlled aggression.
  12. B

1. Day one: I think you are right. 2. Day two: Roberto played well and won the day. 3. Day three: Chip just kept the hammer down and didn't give any air, once winning a game that he was down 7-0. I just chalk it up to lack of seasoning/lack of knowledge. Chip took him into deep water and...
  13. B

Potential Next Matches: Compton v. Deuel Hall v. Lunda Thorpe v. Kiamco Busty v. SVB Looks like we are going to be in our houses for the fall and no football, so let's set them up!
  14. B

2020 Rankings

And Chip and Roberto swap spots after that clear victory by Chip Compton, 24-16 over Roberto Gomez. AND that's why they play the game...
  15. B

One pocket: It's still about knowledge. The more knowledgeable player who shoots a little less straight wins again. Dozens of situations where Roberto didn't know what to do, panicked or guessed. Chip was patient, played solid defense and just outplayed him in day 3. Congrats to Chip.
  16. B

JJ can't shoot with these guys anymore. He'll be the first to admit it.
  17. B

I don't know. Roberto does not seem comfortable. Chip just uses much less mental energy in the game. I think it show at the end for sure.
  18. B

Roberto has been squabbling with his girlfriend. He didn't sleep much at all going into the match. He played horrible, but Chip didn't bury him. Roberto is definitely in the match. A couple scratches from nowhere dug him a hole, and he wasn't running balls like his normal self. JJ was right on...
  19. B

WWYD-in this tough spot.

The idea is make him make a mistake. I have a tremendous positional advantage. Why would I risk letting him off the hook? If I slightly open those balls without leaving a shot, I take a foul and he is in real trouble. Hard to keep me off a shot.
  20. B

WWYD-in this tough spot.

Uh, take a foul and see what he does. You have a tremendous position.