Search results

1. Scrzbill

Dress code

Reading that appraisal of Doc's dress when he was hustling reminds me of a few times when I dressed to get action. Now, I don't even show in Incadona's shadow, but when I moved from Kentucky to Fast Eddy's in Santa Cruz I played pretty sporting. My best is matching up. I picked up my nickname...
  2. Scrzbill

Mitch “The Beast”

There is a silver lining to the Trump virus. Since Mitch and I have not played viola!
  3. Scrzbill

Lettuce

I have a very good friend who is now living in a pool room. Dying. When I first met him, he played nine ball one pocket. If there was a shot, he would shoot it. Only one ball, he shot. Even though he did not know the game, his banking and straight shooting kept me from beating him.The last time...
  4. Scrzbill

Ron Lillies

Ron Lillies did a commission for me of Hard Times Sacramento. The original hangs in Hard Times. Now available, color prints, signed and numbered for your pool room at home. 13X16”. $50 includes shipping. PayPal Ron Lillies include address etc......
  5. Scrzbill

Need Attorney

Doc says there is no way what has happened with shutting down states and such is inherently not Constitutional. Any unbiased attorneys from Berkeley want to weight in on this?
  6. Scrzbill

WWYD

Covid-19 vs Economy. If we open up now, unfettered, do we have repeating Covid-19? Wave after wave? Like a festering sore. Do we stay confined, opening not any further now, but slowly later? If we open, should people wear protection or will religious groups want an exception? Should...
  7. Scrzbill

Legends

UTube Savage Streaming Paul Marquez Michael Witt
  8. Scrzbill

After Covid-19

Would any of the local Best coast members like to have a regional in Portland? Actually it would be in Beaverton which is about a twenty minute drive from the airport. Hotel within walking distance, $85 a night and the pool room has decent food. Steve Lingelbach would be able to accommodate a...
  9. Scrzbill

Doc

Okay Doc, our resident one pocket hero, rock star. Would you go ahead and make your next platinum song? It steals a little from My My My Sharona only it is My My My Corona............virus. You can use the profits to donate to The World One Pocket Championship sponsored by OPORG.
  10. Scrzbill

New Format

How’s the new format or what? I’m thinking everyone has adjusted and is happier than one pocket players after a winning set.
  11. Scrzbill

HOF inductees

Every year we have a discussion on players who, because on when they played, get little or no recognition for induction. Voting them in with a percentage of votes is difficult because who knows them or how they played? Couple of names come to mind, Johnny Irish, Marcel Camp, Johnny Ervolino. I...
  12. Scrzbill

Cue

I can’t find a cue I like to go to Chicago.
  13. Scrzbill

Crabman

Good to hear about the test Crabman. Here’s the thing for all of us, STRESS is a killer. It affects your sleep, eating, working. I have been at it all week like gangbusters and today, Friday, I spent laid up. Once I realized I was exhausted from seating up the shop, building the deck, feeding...
  14. Scrzbill

New Layout

We used to have many topics to choose from on the first page. Now we have ten with most the the page filled with 1/8 page logo, 1/8 page filled with stickies and 10 topics. More topics please on first page. Your the IT guy Chris and your work is much appreciated, with the money you’re being...
  15. Scrzbill

Wwyd

Ok, you moved from your favorite poolroom and went to live somewhere there are no poolrooms. Today you walk in with a cue, money, and four days to play night and day if you want. Do you make the same games you used too? Do you play some of the new talent? WWYD?
  16. Scrzbill

Portland Tournament

For the calendar 16 player One Pocket Nov 23-24 in Portland. Someone tell Whitey.
  17. Scrzbill

Bille Miller

Another day older and what do you get? Ice cream, pool, what more could you want. Here’s to the most liberal conservative I now. Sing along now HBD to you, HBD...........:cool:
  18. Scrzbill

Beaverton One Pocket

There is a new pool room in Beaverton with all Diamond tables. It might be a good place for a members tournament. It could be a local, west coast, tournament. The place is a few minutes from Portland with plenty of hotels nearby. They are having their first one pocket tournament, 16 man which I...
  19. Scrzbill

12squared

Has anyone noticed that 12Squared plays excellent golf and is often seen on the PGA each week going by the name of Matt Kuchar? Really, has anyone ever seen them together? Or has anyone seen Matt at a pool tournament the same week 12Squared is there?
  20. Scrzbill

Oh Canada

Nick of the North I’m sure is a happy camper. I quit watching when the last warrior was hurt.