Search results

1. darmoose

John vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Ben, Are you betting that the one ball can't be made, or that the CB can't be sidled up to the back of the 12 ball? :unsure:
  2. darmoose

John vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

ha ha............careful..........you're gonna get a bad rep........ 🙃
  3. darmoose

John vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Looks to me that the one ball can contact the opponents long rail 3" or maybe 4" above the third diamond. I don't know if the bank can go, but I can sure get it close and I can spin the CB to get behind the 12 ball. That's still my shot. :)
  4. darmoose

John vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

I'm banking the one to my hole at pocket speed. Putting lots of RHE on the CB. Might make the bank, might freeze the CB on the back side of the 12 ball, shouldn't get into any trouble here. Might get out if I make that bank. :giggle:
  5. darmoose

9/6 vs 11/7

You may be hallucinating. :unsure: ........but if I was quoting Dr Bill I am in pretty good company, right or wrong.🙃
  6. darmoose

9/6 vs 11/7

Hey Rod............where did I say that? :unsure:
  7. darmoose

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

I agree with your take on this also Jeff. Tony's mistake was to play Filler's game. It remains to be seen how Filler will fare against a top player who will use some "strategery" and slow things down. He ain't gonna be easy to beat, and I don't think he'll play Dennis or Alex, at least not...
  8. darmoose

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

Not that I can add to anything that's been said, I agree with this opinion completely. Filler, I think learned a lot from this match, it appeared to me, and he isa quick learner. Tony came close, but he will never beat Filleron firepower alone. If he continuesto be too lazy to grind, I don't...
  9. darmoose

Wwyd Hill Hill Filler/Chohan

I certainly could not have tried what Josh did. I would have to feather the brown ball and put the CB on the bottom rail.
  10. darmoose

What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

Thanks Dave, I cannot notice a difference in weight, but I don't have a scale to check. As for a wrap, I just covered my wrap with duct tape while sanding and applying the finish. I was surprised at how easy the whole process was, just took some patience and care. I was also surprised as to...
  11. darmoose

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHOST

Happy Birthday Ghostie................hope you're having a great day!! :giggle:......From one old fart to another......;)
  12. darmoose

Thanks Steve, but I'm not that sophisticated to be able to post links. 🙃 Just go on you tube and search "refinishing cue" the first video that comes up for me is a 1;18 hour long of a pro putting on an epoxy and cyanoacrylate finish. If you mimic his work you can accomplish his results. If you...
  13. darmoose

Here's another project I been working on for the past couple of weeks. Did a little research. Ordered materials from Cue Components and set up my personal lathe and had at it. The lathe is my variable speed electric drill mounted on a bench vice. The other end is a wood block with a few holes to...
  14. darmoose

What's a room to do? How a pool-hall will survive a pandemic! Video w/ Jerry Matchin

Jerry, I really enjoyed your video and interview. I bet everyone here wishes we had a room like yours with an owner like you to go play with and hang out with. Your attitude on dealing with all this is admirable serves as a model. Obviously you are in a position to weather the storm, and good...
  15. darmoose

was there a new foul negation rule at DCC?

I don't think Jerry was referring to taking or trading fouls to extend the game. I think he was saying that extending the game by playing defensively could help keep the lesser player viable. I could be wrong. :unsure:
  16. darmoose

:eek: 🙃 Hoo-ray......that MUST mean you finally get it, DIPSH*T. ..I don't give a rat's ass about about your schooling, knucklehead.....only fools go around being sure about something they know nothing about...usually trying to compensate for something,.....I think you can you relate to that? :cool:
  17. darmoose

That makes two of us.................I do like your stories tho............bye :)
  18. darmoose

Larry, Ok, you are right, how's that? It does not keep you or anybody from tapping. I don't know who you play or what your experience has been, but mine is this as I have said several times. When gambling and playing someone giving me a spot, if I put him in a trap, say frozen to the stack...
  19. darmoose

Good morning, Whitey, Isn't it ironic with all the rules discussions we have had that this was happening at the DCC without any comments until now? This to me is a very simple and elegant idea that keeps games from being elongated which people have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how...