Search results

1. T

One Pocket Videos and TV Pool Balls

I have not played with the newer balls....could you explain "the technology behind them"?
  2. T

One Pocket Videos and TV Pool Balls

Since videos of pool are becoming much more popular with exciting challenge matches, professional commentary, great video equipment, etc., I have one complaint. The use of TV balls. Even the commentators are confused when trying to explain shots and strategies. I hesitate for a moment paying...
  3. T

John vs. Barry 3 - responding to the break - wwyd?

Bank the 3 into the 1 and lock the cue ball to the 9-13.
  4. T

3 day rule discussion/moving on!

Or the cue ball was slightly heavier than the object ball....
  5. T

Running out 3 wwyd?

6. T

Rules question!

Not to upset anyone...but this is getting to be more confusing than bar room 8 ball... We need standardized rules.
  7. T

My newest of my new videos

Very informative for me...many thnks
  8. T

Ghost vs. Ray 4 wwyd?

I would rethink the intentional foul. Roll the cue ball straight to the short rail by his pocket so the cue ball stops in front of his pocket. Then he can not shoot the 11 nor does he have a good shot with the spotted ball. Just think if he tries to shoot the spotted ball...what will he leave...
  9. T

New Layout

To me the blue font is faded and difficult to read. I do need more time to get adjusted to the format. Thanks for all the hard work and effort. Tennessee Joe
  10. T

Half ball bank system

I friend of mine tried to show me the half ball bank system. I couldn't understand it but he was a jam up banker. Has anyone had experience with it?
  11. T

National BIlliard News

NBN each month published a series of One Pocket shots by Grady Mathews. Is there a composite of this series available?
  12. T

One Pocket Rules

It may be time for One Pocket rules to be reviewed, revised, and brought to mutual agreement. WPA rules which are the basis for OP.Org rules have a few differences from each other and from major tournament rules such as the DCC. As an example: when a cue ball and object ball are close to each...
  13. T

PoolTable Layout Diagram

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/btgtable/ This seems to be an easy way to layout a WWYD situation. I have not discovered a way to draw lines, but there may be a way. Has anyone tried this yet. After moving the balls just: CTRL C to copy then when ready...
  14. T

Best One Pocket Match

Cory and Alex. Alex had the heart but Cory never let him have a shot --- awesome.
  15. T

Defensive shots

Most examples diagramed here are of offensive shots. Being a novice player, I would really like some diagrams of defensive situations with various replies. Thanks in advance.
  16. T

Ball Frozen to a Rail

Under the BCA Rules: 8.4 Driven to a Rail A ball is said to be driven to a rail if it is not touching that rail and then touches that rail. A ball touching a rail at the start of a shot (said to be “frozen” to the rail) is not considered driven to that rail unless it leaves the rail and returns...
  17. T

WPA, BCA, One Pocket Rules

Often, OP.org members have rule questions and conflicting versions. The BCA Rule Book is available at Muellers Pool and Darts and other billiard supply places: about $6. The One Pocket rules can be viewed and printed from this site by clicking on the header "Playing The Game", and then on the...
  18. T

Cost for HOF Dinner

What is the price for the HOF dinner?
  19. T

How to shoot this bank???

HTML]http://pool.bz/P/?@1EUdy4Qcpp4RUao@[/HTML This bank shot is to go to pocket A. The cue ball and object ball are 2 ball widths off the rail. Would you shoot this differently in One Pocket (soft) than you would in Bank Pool? How would you shoot it straight back?
  20. T

One Pocket Racking Secret

Well many of you probably know this but I recently discovered (thru practice) a technique to help my break. I want to share this and ask for your comments. Many sets of balls are used primarily for 9 ball. The one thru the 9 ball are worn and a little smaller with some minute imperfections. To...