2020 Members Only Tournament is at Chris's in Chicago!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Make your plans to attend our 2020 Members Only Tournament!! Chris's is a classic poolroom -- featured in the movie "The Color of Money" -- with a mix of Diamond and Gold Crown 9' tables, and several billiard tables as well.

Chris's Billiards, 4637 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL
(773) 286-4714

$100 entry fee non refundable to be paid in advance to guarantee your spot; $500 added by Chris's; $10 greens fees for the weekend to be paid on Friday the 5th. If a prepaid player is unable to attend, their entry fee stays in the prize pool, except for health emergencies or hardship of course.

There will be a Calcutta auction on site Friday just prior to the draw (possibly with online bidding available ahead of time).

The dates are June 5-6-7, which is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Play starts at 4 PM Friday with two complete rounds for all players Friday; 10 AM start Saturday played down to six remaining players (or was it four players on Sunday, that worked so well in Philly?); and 10 AM Sunday to finish Sunday evening at a reasonable hour.

More info about hotel rooms to follow.

Qualifications -- you must be a member here in our onepocket.org forums, with a minimum of 20 posts here in our forums prior to May 5th to be assured of eligibility. We MAY make some exceptions to fill the field as we have in prior MOT's, but we MAY NOT.

(Calling Redcard :) )I would like to create a poster for this to go up ASAP at Chris's and Red Shoes, and any other relatively local poolrooms (if there are any that our local members would like to suggest), in order to publicize this tournament and let locals know what they have to do to qualify.

Last edited:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Make your plans to attend our 2020 Members Only Tournament!! Chris's is a classic poolroom -- featured in the movie "The Color of Money" -- with a mix of Diamond and Gold Crown 9' tables, and several billiard tables as well.

Chris's Billiards, 4637 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL
(773) 286-4714

$100 entry fee non refundable to be paid in advance to guarantee your spot; $500 added by Chris's; $10 greens fees for the weekend to be paid on Friday the 5th. If a prepaid player is unable to attend, their entry fee stays in the prize pool, except for health emergencies.

There will be a Calcutta auction on site Friday just prior to the draw (possibly with online bidding available ahead of time).

The dates are June 5-6-7, which is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Play starts at 4 PM Friday with two complete rounds for all players Friday; 10 AM start Saturday played down to six remaining players; and 10 AM Sunday to finish Sunday evening at a reasonable hour.

More info about hotel rooms to follow.

Qualifications -- you must be a member here in our onepocket.org forums, with a minimum of 20 posts here in our forums prior to May 5th to be assured of eligibility. We MAY make some exceptions to fill the field as we have in prior MOT's, but we MAY NOT.

(Calling Redcard :) )I would like to create a poster for this to go up ASAP at Chris's and Red Shoes, and any other relatively local poolrooms (if there are any that our local members would like to suggest), in order to publicize this tournament and let locals know what they have to do to qualify.

Steve, Do we send money to you ? Paypal ? Will see you there.

Hey, Dan (Chicago Fats), can only play you for around 8 hrs or 1:00 AM, whichever comes first:sleep:o_O(y)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Not yet Robert. We need a volunteer to start a sign up thread and be responsible for updating it and collecting the money. I am going to nominate Chicago Mike :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I reserved a room for $64 night at Baymont, 10 miles N on Milwaukee(refundable). Looks like nice hotel and area.

All you Chicago members can chime in if I am wrong. please.

Two years ago I stayed at a Hilton Gardens Hotel that was 29 miles away. Paid a little more, but wanted to be a little closer.(y)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Not yet Robert. We need a volunteer to start a sign up thread and be responsible for updating it and collecting the money. I am going to nominate Chicago Mike :)

Santa Anita is still open until April, so I would be happy to handle the money and invest it for a handsome return.

If that does not work I second Chicago Mike.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Steve, Do we send money to you ? Paypal ? Will see you there.

Hey, Dan (Chicago Fats), can only play you for around 8 hrs or 1:00 AM, whichever comes first:sleep:o_O(y)
Understood Robert. I will have to line up some other contenders after 1 am.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Man oh man, you guys are killing me! :)

I voted only for Michael's in the poll because I knew it was the only place I could for sure attend!

I don't want to say never, but the likelihood of me making it to Chitown this year doesn't look great...

That being said, I was at there at our 2nd MOT and it was a blast! For those who have never been to Chris's, it has an old-school pool room feel, it's great!! Plenty of tables to play on / match up, PLUS they have a few 3 cushion tables! And if that's not enough, they even have a ping pong table in the back where one day I will get revenge on my buddy Mitch! :ROFLMAO:

Add to that, all of our Chicago area members who are the icing on the cake!

Hope to see you guys soon and attend one of these again, it's by FAR better than any other one hole tourney I have played in all things considered....

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Man oh man, you guys are killing me! :)

I voted only for Michael's in the poll because I knew it was the only place I could for sure attend!

I don't want to say never, but the likelihood of me making it to Chitown this year doesn't look great...

That being said, I was at there at our 2nd MOT and it was a blast! For those who have never been to Chris's, it has an old-school pool room feel, it's great!! Plenty of tables to play on / match up, PLUS they have a few 3 cushion tables! And if that's not enough, they even have a ping pong table in the back where one day I will get revenge on my buddy Mitch! :ROFLMAO:

Add to that, all of our Chicago area members who are the icing on the cake!

Hope to see you guys soon and attend one of these again, it's by FAR better than any other one hole tourney I have played in all things considered....

Also in the back room now, there are 10 Diamond bar tables...and another, new, 6x12 snooker table for you golf players. ⛳ .....and....a punching bag machine that measures how hard you can punch - I'll stake one pocket guy Todd on this machine if anybody wants action :ROFLMAO: this machine also comes in handy if you lose a close hill-hill match cuz your opponent got a lucky roll - you can put your dollar in and wail away on the punching bag, lol.

P.S. Hey Chris...c'mon now, you can figure out a way to come up here for this - you don't want to miss out on this much fun - and you and I need to play us some One Pocket and 3cushion (y) it's been too long.

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
We are up to 12 paid entries as of now...get 'em in fellas. I'm keeping a current roster in the member's cafe and in the payment thread. I probably will not be playing, but will be in attendance Friday and Saturday. I have a photography gig all day Sunday.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
We are up to 12 paid entries as of now...get 'em in fellas. I'm keeping a current roster in the member's cafe and in the payment thread. I probably will not be playing, but will be in attendance Friday and Saturday. I have a photography gig all day Sunday.

blasphemy!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok Chris's is open, so the tournament can still go on this weekend o_O hurry up and jump in your car, or get a last minute flight...call me if you're coming in tonight, otherwise I'll see you tomorrow....bring your masks and bottles of hand sanitizers with you :giggle: ;) 😷 👻

- Ghost