Recent content by Tobermory

1. Tobermory

Great Kicking Game

I play a variation of that game with a guy who is over 700 and it is a great equalizer. We use a 9 ball rack and play to 5. Takes anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes. We don't gamble and actually help each other figure out the shots using some of the systems out there. There aint no hangers.
  2. Tobermory

An idea for 1B1P…

Somehow we never crossed paths and matched up in the golden days of yore. There is no limitation in 1b1p on your ability to shoot at your hole any time you want, just like in regular 1p when you get down to the final ball...same thing, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that comment.
  3. Tobermory

Victor vs. Mike #2 - end game

so what did Mike do after the intentional?
  4. Tobermory

Amazin Billiards

Steve, they're keeping quiet about the list of players entered in this event...have you heard anything about expected entrants?
  5. Tobermory

San Antonio WWYD

Andreas, did your opponent make a legal hit on the cue ball when they pushed the CB into the jaws, or was it an illegal trap shot?
  6. Tobermory

San Antonio WWYD

Assuming you can see the 12 and the 8, I like Bill's plan to cut the 8 and leave the cue ball back on the head rail. I don't like the stop shot on the 12 because it is too hard to stick the cue ball perfectly...maybe you could pull that off consistently Chris, but I can't. I might even try to...
  7. Tobermory

Now that I know which end is up, I'm still leaving the 1 and 15 alone, and will shoot the same shot I picked when I had the table backwards: I'd come out of the corner and go two or three or maybe even four rails and get behind the 10 ball. Ideally the cue ball would catch the long rail as the...
  8. Tobermory

lmfao...I've been working this puzzle as if my pocket is next to the 5 ball...never mind anything I might have said heretofore.
  9. Tobermory

how do you avoid leaving an open shot at the 12 ball formerly known as the 10 ball?
  10. Tobermory

if you come at it with a 3 railer (short, long, long), you won't scratch or make it, but you might take a foul if you can't hit it coming off the 3rd rail.
  11. Tobermory

I don't like messing with the two balls. Bill's shot might work out if you could get the cue ball behind the 15 so that the cut on the 10 isn't available, but that seems a tad too touchy. So, I'd come out of the corner and go two or three or maybe even four rails and get behind the 10 ball...
  12. Tobermory

I don't understand what you are proposing to do here, Chris. Where is the top of the 15? Kicking off which rail? The 15 isn't already in proximity to your pocket...how are you getting to the 15 down there towards your pocket?
  13. Tobermory

An idea for 1B1P…

I'm not sure why you hate 1b1p so much Bill but you should give it a rest. Most people like it as a fast paced head scratching knuckle biting alternative to the long form version. You don't have to play it, of course, and if you are worried you won't get enough action when it is being played...
  14. Tobermory

An idea for 1B1P…

Interesting idea but I'm not sure that it really adds anything to the tension or to the set up for the next game. Maybe after trying it out it would reveal its value. So long as the high risk sell out factor is eliminated by not forcing the breaker to break from the end rail in the middle, I...
  15. Tobermory

Ghost vs. Gil 1. - end game

you could be right...half ball means aiming on the edge line, right?